RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Recruiting People For Newest Project

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Hello everyone, as you know (or should,) I am Lavata. I also go by Zeromatrious or Ephiam depending on where I go and such.

The reason I come here is to request help for a project I am currently working on in RPG Maker 2003. I, myself, find enjoyment in working on the story and don't really like doing the other stuff. However, I do indeed TRY to make everything else good. I just can't, though, for one reason or another. This project is one I wish to finish, even if it is both my first and last finished game on RPG Maker.

There are examples of my story and such in the following topic (use the link or the one in my sig)
http://www.gamingw.net/forums/index.php?topic=58867.0

The above topic is also that in which advertises my current project as well.

Also, for another example of one of my background stories/story layouts, check in the following topic in which was put up quite recently: http://www.gamingw.net/forums/index.php?topic=59107.0

The kind of people I am looking for to help me with my game: Valcon Sky: REBIRTH are as followed:
A Mapper.
An Eventer
An Animator and
An editor. Also, someone who would be able to read over and check the script before it was to be put into the game would also be nice.

I would like a mapper that: Can do fairly good maps in RPG Maker 2003 and is good at using a variety of Chipsets and such. Someone who is creative and does not create bland and empty maps. They should also be quite open minded.

I would like an eventor that: Well, as it should already be obvious, an eventor is someone who works on the events and their layout: the way they work, what happens in them and the effects that heppen, etc. I know, I know..it makes me look lazy..but it would be nice to have someone who would be able to look over this sort of thing. They also should be fairly creative and know the basics of everything and how each option works.

An Animator:
Someone who is good at creating animations. This would be for spells, abilities and monster skills (all the same thing, basically) I know the basics of it..but I'm not very creative with them. I create rather dull and short animations..some in which look choppy. Someone who knows what their at would be a great help.

An Editor: Someone who I basically send the script to once I finish certain sections of it so they can input ideas, make suggestions, etc. Someone who also a good person, is not demanding and has a fairly open mind to certain things. They should also be creative.

And that, my friends, is basically it. Sorry if I make myself seem incapable..but I find more joy in thinking of stories and devising the plot than anything else.

Also, this is already around 3-4% completed. However, if I get a decent team togeather them I would not mind erasing the things I currently have (though keeping a copy of the old on reserve) to make a fesh start and try to improve.

Oh, forgot to add that I'm on at various times. Sometimes, however, I may need to study or something like that and may not be able to get online. I am able to be contacted through MSN. However, I shall not give out my E-Mail yet. I will only give it out to those who are a member.

I, like any others, also need breaks as well; time to refreash myself and cool down. So I will not be constantly working on the script. However, I will do it fairly often. I will not rush anyone and I myself expect not to be rushed in return.

Thank you for the read.

Lavata.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Well, I've been thinking: What if I tried to make it on RPG Maker XP? People around here seem to be more experienced and know /like XP more than 2003 or 2000. Might not find any more people than what I have already (none =P) but it's a suggestion. The story will still be the same, so my work will not be effected.

Besides, mapping on XP should not be much different from mapping on 2003/2000. If you can make a good map on one you can make it on another. The ony person I REALLY need now is a mapper for my project, and thats it. My friend I think I can convince to be an eventor. Then we basically have everythign (seeing as how the database and everything is already set up)

Rep:
Level 87
2003 is fine...

Can I sign up as an editor? I'd love to test and give ideas!

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Sure, why not. I would be nice to have someone else work on the story and scipt with me and give new suggestions and ideas.