RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Death

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I've had ideas on what happens after a person dies. The body would "sink" (I forgot the word) into the soil, right? Maybe living things became plants or something, right? This has been on my mind for ages, maybe it is how to die that makes you what you are going to be. For example, say grass is needed for a cow to produce its egg, and then meat is needed for a human egg, and after that, a decomposed (I think thats the word) human body is needed to make plants, soil and all that sort of stuff. Maybe that is the cycle?

Anyway, ideas on how you think life is would be interesting, I hope this topic is worth it.

~Winged

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Oh yes, that happens, we bury those dead guys, but it's not instant. It takes like years to turn to a skeleton, no not 100 years, but maybe 1-2-3 years LOL. Then the thing becomes a part of humous, yes I'm learning soil in Biology, =D. Slowly due to this thing, the soil becomes fertile, but ofcourse no apple trees in the graveyard, but all those small plants grow there due to it.
But for animals, ofcourse they don't have graves, so it's best for the trees.

Religiously, people say there's heaven and hell. Don't murder your neighbour who you saw stealing all your money and raping your dog and its heaven for you, and do it, it's still heaven actually cuz the neighbour was bad.

but every life is precious.
exept , you know, the life of the dead.
LOL jk, now dont flame me because i said heaven hell..

btw
heaven hell
Arlen is hot.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Lol!

Anyways, yea heaven and hell are common the believe but I think death is more complicated. Is it the end or the start? This world might be an inferior one to another where you head after passing away.

~Winged

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Ahhh, from what I could get it sounds like your talking about some form of reincarnation..? A life for life?

I'm not to sure if there is anything to debate here, I think I'm going to move it unless you can give us something to debate about relating to this... Are you trying to workout the cycle of reincarnation, or are you just presenting an idea??

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Here's my point...

We are but the Same Person reincarnated in a timeless-Cycle. We're nothing but Essence...=/ There's no such Heaven or Hell, just an Endless Cycle, I am you you are me, just what makes difference is the choices and stuff like physical body...but then I have too many teories on my head about it =D and this si just one of them >_>;;

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
My belief is in heaven and hell. Putting science into this, it'll be just that our physical selves will remain and do the things like fertilize soil and etc.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I beleive that after you die, you just cease to exist.  No heaven, no hell, and no purgatory, you can't think, you can't see, and you just never live again.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
I'm the same as bio, I believe that you simply stop existing, that's it.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Well, I thought it was a debate cause I planned people would argue about opinions and try to understand another's view on death. As for Bio's point, I have considered it as logical since I learned there might not be a heaven or hell. However, some people like me might believe death is more complicated.

~Winged

P.S Yay my first moved topic!

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
All I know about death is that I best damn have a traditional norse funeral, or some people may see the fuy of The Gods.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Death is a transition into nothingness. Its impossible to imagine what nothing would feel like, because there is no feeling in nothingness. Your brain ceases to function, so there would be no receptors for sensation.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
The thing that makes me think about after death is not what happens to the body,
but what happens to the mind.
The things like memories and thoughts, where do they go after we die?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Well, memories and thoughts, as well as emotions, are just chemical reactions. It seems to me, that once the body shuts down, the ability to process these chemicals is lost. Therefore, I believe that they just kind of vanish. Rather, they are decomposed like so much rotting tissue.

Rep:
Level 88
Memory and thought are bodily. Part of the brain, right? They rot away.

Oh - Holk.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Dang... You guys are so practical and scientific.

pokeball SetOffline
Banned
Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I am Set, god of storms, the desert, and evil
I would say that the instant you die is like going to sleep, you "wake up" after a few thousand years or whenever Jesus comes around resurrecting people.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Lol, I had a weird image of the guy just running around putting holy water on graves.

~Winged

Rep:
Level 94
Jesus - "Tag. You're it."

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I hate Jesus.... Not as much as I hate Buddha, but I still really hate that hippe bastard. Damn hippies.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Actually, the mullet is an artist's interpetation, he could have had short spiky hair  ;8

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Or he could of not been a shitty philosopher and fucken theif. Or he could of been straight, cause damn you have to worry about some dude who spends all his time with twelve dudes and a hooker, then DOESN'T nail the hooker.

In short Jesus = FAIL.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
There COULD be something...or there could just be nothing. No feelings, emotions, thoughts, nothing. Basically it would be like when you didn't exist (were not born).

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I want to be remembered when I die. I wonder if any previous rmrkers died and no one here knew cause they just simply thought they abandoned us.

~Winged

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Gongo died.  ::)