RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Please Assist. [RESOLVED]

Rep:
Level 87
Fighter: This is called a Random Encounter.
How do I make an event just...stop? Like, The Event will happen just as I want it to, but when I leave the room and step on the same spot/press the button on the same spot, it'll happen again. How do I leave a room, but make it so the event doesn't happen again throughout the rest of the game? One more thing. This is for RPG Maker 2003.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 03:01:02 PM by RedKnight »

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Make a switch. Turn the switch on and it shall not happen again as long as it is on. Here is what I mean, in simpler terms:

1)Open up the event.

2) find the place where the even ends (in the white box) and click there. In the event commands list stay on the first page and click "Switch Operations"

3)Leave everything that appears now as normal, just go and click the small "..." next to the long white box.

4) pick a spot, name it, and then hit "OK".

5) NOW..while still in the event editor, go and make a new page (by hitting the "New Page"
button at the top.

6) Now when your on the new page, look to the left and it says "Preconditions" at the top with the words:
Switch_________
Switch_________
Item_________
Variable_______
etc.

7)On the first "Switch" option tik the little white box to the left of it and then click the "..." at the right end of the white box.

8 ) Choose the switch you just made and hit "OK"

Everything should work fine. Sorry if it was a tad confusing.

Rep:
Level 87
That didn't work. I talked to the guy, he dissapeared, I teleported, teleported back to the room where the guy was, and he was still there. I want him gone. I want him to stop appearing there.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Oh, then on the second page of the event then just change the character picture  (down in the left-hand corner) into a blank one.

Form what your saying the event no longer happens but the person is still there, correct?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 12:26:39 PM by Lavata »

Rep:
Level 87
Exactly. I'll go try that real quick though.

Rep:
Level 87
Yes! It worked! Thank you! Thank you! Your name is going in the game's credits for that! I cannot thank you enough!

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Your welcome.  ;D

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Solved? Add [RESOLVED] to topic title
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun