RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
day/night system [resolved]

Rep:
Level 87
ive looked and looked, and im so confused with all these tutorials..
can someone show me a step by step way to make it go from day to night and back to day?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 05:26:30 PM by Sandman777 »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
if you want a simple one you could have Change screen tint = 100 (normal tint) then wait 999, wait 999, wait 999 (like 15 times) then Change screen tint 100 = (dark tint) then wait 999 the same amount of times, and have it loop.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
and i only have to do this once? and it will work for the whole game? every map?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
common event my friend.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
try this:

works perfect. just change teh wait to how long you want it.

Rep:
Level 87
okay but how would i apply it?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
try this:

Rep:
Level 87
okay i got it working, but do i need to put this event on every map?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
nope just something to kick start it like teh event I have in the demo to turn the switch on.

Rep:
Level 87
well i just went to another map and it stayed dark.. until i went to the first one..

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
?_? stay there for a while I guess, It works fine for me on any map.

Rep:
Level 87
stay there? lol

Rep:
Level 87
okay,well i want it to be nighttime, and then fade into day and start the cutscene.
i put the tint on complete black, with no fade time, so it will automattically come up black and then fade, but when i play it, you see the screen for half a second, and THEN it is black and starts to fade in.
??

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
hld on first lets fix the problem. stay in teh first map, does it go day night day night?

Rep:
Level 87
yes it works perfect in the first map

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
alright, post a pic of your event page. also try teleporting and wait a bit I am sure it works...OH did you have this be an event? or a common event?

Rep:
Level 87
are we talking about my first problem. or second problem?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
first...where did you create the event for day and night? did you make it on the map? or in teh database as a common event?

Rep:
Level 87
i made it a common event. and then i put an event on the map to make it work

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
take a screenshhot of both events..also when you reach the new map is there any events on it? make sure nothing changes the switch

Rep:
Level 87
listen i just wont have any night/day changes lol..
but can you help me with my other problem about the cutscene?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
alright at the start have it change screen tint (make it black) 0 frames...then wait (for as long as you want) then change screen tint = normal 100 frames, this will give a fade in look.

Rep:
Level 87
i know, thats what i have. but the screen shows up for half a second, THEN it starts the event.
basically, the screen comes up, then it turns black, then fades in

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
wht?_? do you have the screen tint black set to = 0 frames, and teh event set to parallel.

Rep:
Level 87
i didnt have it on parellel. thanks