RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A lil' ambient IDM - Leafcutter John

Rep:
Level 88
I think this is my third topic started... :o

Anyway, let's see if anyone likes this:

http://www.spun.com/music/browse-artist.jsp?pId=P+++562231

Housebound Spirit is the one I listened to, downloading it now from SLSK.

It's really nice, I think alot of it will be going on my iPod shortly.

"Having been attacked close to his East London studio, John Leafcutter began enduring panic attacks whenever he ventured outdoors, a condition that rapidly developed into a full-blown agoraphobia. The Housebound Spirit, his third album, is something a reaction to this syndrome, in taking the home as its source of samples. Like Herbert's Bodily Functions and Around the House, both of which assimilated similarly found sounds to create accomplished grooves, so Leafcutter manages to refrain from falling into full-blown introspection. Instead, the construction of tracks from everything including the kitchen sink makes for some compelling listening -- devilishly fresh sounding electronica conjured from the clicks, rattles, and rolls of household apparatus before the more recognisable instrumentation that drives "House or a Soul" and the smouldering "For Two" bring the album back from the brink. ~ Kingsley Marshall, All Music Guide"
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 12:09:13 PM by ataraxy2 »