RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Gon V Elgy

Poll

Do you think their constant fighting ruins some of the topis

Yeah
2 (40%)
Nooo
1 (20%)
It makes it more fun
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
ok nearly every post in intelligent debate normally ends up with a fight between gon and elgy now im not sure if this id=s the right place to post this but what does others think cus it sorta ruins the thread when they reduce themselves to petty name calling.

Rep:
Level 88
It does ruin a thread if any fight starts. Especially Intelligent Debate.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Says the hypocrite. More or less, people who aren't intelligent need to stay out of Intelligent Debate, and Elegy chose to ignore this. It's hard to deal with people like Elegy without making yourself look arrogant, or even a bit stupid, and name-calling is the unfortunate side-effect. We also can't expect every member in ID to not get worked up in a debate, and a few insults are expected, but we also know when it's in every other post it gets a bit ridiculous. There's a fine line between prohibition of free speech and moderating a topic properly, so it gets a bit tricky to step in. In most cases, it doesn't seem to hinder the debate, so it seems unnecessary to step in, however it may actually be time to do something. Banning Elegy has always been considered...
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Well, I didn't really like gonorrhea in the beginning, because his replies tend to have a condescending tone to them. I think that in a debate, you shouldn't insult someone's intelligence for having an opinion on the matter until they preemptively do so to you. Then I realized that even though he can be a dick, his posts are relevant to the topic at hand. I wish I could say the same for Elegy. I would love to see him banned, if not for the fact that everytime I read something he writes, I feel a little better about myself. I'm sure if he left though, he could find a new home in the Panic at the Disco or Fall Out Boy forums. But then he wouldn't be unique, because everyone is exactly like him there.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Well, I hardly ever visit ID, so I don't have too much of an opinion on the matter. But I do think Elegy is stupid, and has no place in intelligent debate. Gono can be a dick sometimes, but he's not out of control with it. He's the only one of Fu's troll buddies (JH, hatefuckingforest) I don't dislike.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Man, not even I like hatefuckingforest.
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.