RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Knights [New Demo!]

Rep:
Level 88
Heh, thanks for waiting. The demo is now up. Hope you enjoy it.

AND, I hope it gets me into Projects/Games. :blizj:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
glitched. I am guessing you have a move event in this event, but you were acting on the assumption that the player would talk to the girl from the right, not the bottom, and you have him moving down. Anyway, here is a screen:

It's not devastating though, so leave the demo up for now. I'll get back to you once I play through the demo with comments. So far, my only complaint is that the modern world looks too primitive. It shouldn't have dirt roads and the houses should look more modern. As well, the character clothes are out of place, nobody wears cloaks these days.

Rep:
Level 88
Ah, yes. Thanks for catching that. And as for the town... That is kinda what my hometown looks like... ;9

And I'm working on some sprites for the Real world. Those are just temporary.

Rep:
Level 88
Sorta Update...

No new demo, but I fixed that glitch Modern was talking about. I'm now working on new sprites for the "Real World" or as it is now called, "Oden"(That is the town's name).
And it may be a long time before a new demo comes for these reasons...
- I'm trying to find a good Custom Menu System (The one I found is severely glitched.)
- I'm going to try to double the amount of gameplay in the next demo.
- I HAVE to get some animated scenes from my friend before I can do some events.
- I'm working an another project that is taking up a lot of my time.
- And, I have a job now... ;9

Rep:
Level 88
PROJECT RELOADED

Just not restarted. I'm redoing a lot of the events, the main characters have new sprites since I think these are more fitting, story has changed a small bit, "Mira" is now called "Sonya". Why? Turns out Mira in Korean means "Mommy". ;8

Anyway, the old demo is still up, check it out if you want, you'll get a bit of the story, but the new demo coming will be better made, different story, and will look different.

That is all. :blizj:

Rep:
Level 88
I got my sister Jin to let me upload some of her sketches for my game. Here they are!

Picture 1: The Girls!

From left to right: Mae, Sam, Rose, Sonya, Jin

Picture 2: Sinu!

The lower head is Vince. I don't have a picture of him just yet.

Picture 3: Caleb!

He got a page all to himself! :tpg:

Anyway, that is all for now. This also gives you a very small taste of what Jin's art is like. She's gonna work on these some more and get them colored soon.

Rep:
Level 88
Holy crap! 5 posts in a row. (That can't be good. ;9 )

Anyway, soon, I'm going to make a trailer-demo like the one in "Scarred". It will contain key plot points, so watch at your own risk!

It depresses me that it seems like no one cares about this project... ;9

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Those sketches look great.

And don't be depressed, it is just "no major update" syndrome. It happens to every project when there is a long time between demos  :police:

Rep:
Level 88
Yeah, you're right. :tpg:

Anyway, Demo-Trailer is almost finished. (It'll be a lot longer than the one for Scarred.)

Updates for the regular game. I have been busy reloading (And re-doing) a lot of the game. The scene where the party is warped to Daien is completely different and much better. I enhanced the maps some more, the character sprites fit better, I actually have sprites for the home world, and much more.

Character Reloading: Finished!
Map Reloading: 75%
Event Reloading: 90%

Other changes:
- New Title screen
- New window skin
- Facesets for battlers (Until I can get some new battlers)
- Names are now in color!

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
How's the demo/trailer coming?

Rep:
Level 88
Coming along nicely. I'm making it longer than I originally thought so it'll take me a bit longer.

Update:
Reloading: Completely finished!

Rep:
Level 88
Updates and Such:

Decided to not make a demo-trailer. Why? I didn't really want to. :P

Am now officially finished with 1/8 of the game. Next demo will come when I am about 1/4 finished.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
You're mean. Making us wait to play a demo...  :'(

Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to wait with everyone else. Let us know when the demo is ready.

Rep:
Level 88
The demo may take a while now that I've gotten the bright idea of adding in something special. I want to try to make this game look different from all the other RMXP games out there.

But that's really hard.... :-\ But, I will try! And probably fail... And then try again! And then maybe succeed! :tpg:

Rep:
Level 88
Holy crap! I actually did something quick! I'm now working my ass off trying to get an awesome demo ready. I have a good group of updates here for you.

Battle System updates:
- Up to 8 people in battle AT ONCE. This means enemies will be much harder to kill.
- Every time you attack the camera zooms in on the enemy. Doesn't sound like much, but it is a nice addition.

Assorted updates:
- No more party changing! Since all the characters will be in the party at once.
- I know I said I was using Rune's CMS but I have another one that I'm using, but I'll correct that tomorrow as my sugar high is fading. :P
- Mapping looks better, eventing is smoother, dialog is much better, and other assorted little things.

Anyway, check the first post for updated info. I've changed the character bios to make them more detailed. (I've been putting that off way to long) I added a major spoiler to the story. (Read at your own risk.) Added in the projects that are related to this one that I'm working on. (Yes, there is more to the story than just this game!) I will add new screenshots up as soon as I go home. (I'm at friend's house) And...

DEMO COMING 4/13/08

Whooooooo!! Yeah, I'm on fire! I hope this surge of excitement over the progress on this game isn't just the soda... Or I'm gonna need more soda!

Anyway, I figure I'm gonna crash soon. So that's all!

[Note: Before going back through this message and correctly spelling everything, it had 57 typos. This note had 5 6. Sugar rush rocks! :tpg: ]

Rep:
Level 88
Added screenshots. Also, I will be using Rune's CMS as I found out it supports 8 characters.

Rep:
Level 88
Well, the demo is coming along as planned.

I think I've finally decided something. This game isn't going to be very innovative or anything the thing that will make it good is the story. It will have some custom stuff, but the emphasis will be on the story.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Around two more weeks to go, eh?
Good luck Final-Knight ;D
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 88
Well, the demo is finished to the point that I wanted it to be. But, I'll still post it on 4/13. I might take this extra time to make some parts of it better. Or add in a minigame I've been working on! ;D

Rep:
Level 88
DEMO DOWNLOAD

I'm a day late, oh well. Known problems with Demo:

- Battle system looks very cramped when 8 people are present. Also it's hard to see the last person's health.
- Not everyone has modern clothes, yet. I'm still working on it.

If you run into an error, please tell me. That is all.