RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Where does space end......?

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
I tried thinking of nothing with no color or anything so it couldn't be black white ect. i had a headache for like an hour after

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
A new colour could be a mixture of colours, but inventing a colour is a very very tough thing. They looked normal, but obviously there was something different in it.

Lets do this Elegy, make up a new color without any of the existing colours name( eg. Reddish Purple NOT ALLOWED)
I agree that its tough, but those magical colours you get, which seem to be a mixture of colours are there.

So they are a mixture of colours to form a new one
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
We change the topic <.<

We can't visualize a new color because we haven't seen it. Just like we can't sing a song we have never heard. So if we could see another color we could picture it in our head. Then we could obtain the power of the colors to make a super gay rainbow.!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
We can sing a song we have never heard, we just have to invent it.

but then it'd loose all the fun of it so, bam!

Yes we have changed the topic from space to colours.

Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Elerby, what are you talking about new colors?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
You can't see a "new color". The human eye, by nature, can only perceive the colors in the standard ROYGBIV spectrum.

OMG!! IVE RUN OUT OF EYELINER!!!
Rep:
Level 88
More man than everyone here put together.
The gnome brought it up, we can only see a limited part of the electromagnetic spectrum, (around 400-700nm, or 450-750 terahertz) resulting in all the colors we have, but change the dynamics of our eyes or the environment surrounding us, say make the air really really thin, and higher frequencies of the electromagnetic spectrum would be visible, resulting in new colors, completely different from the ones we have now.
The opposite of intelligence is not stupidity, it's patriotism.

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Ahem . . . no more on colors. Now about space, do you trult believe there are alternate or parallel universes?
"Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a fucking sharp knife to it." - Banksy

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Ahem . . . no more on colors. Now about space, do you trult believe there are alternate or parallel universes?

I think it's a likely theory. I wouldn't say I truly believe in a multiverse, but it would be a damn fine answer explanation wise.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
As the chat people will know, I'm a firm believer in String Theory. In string theory, there are at least 6 other dimensions, stacked alongside ours like a sliced loaf of bread.

Rep:
Level 88
Eight actually.

Rep:
Level 94
No, actually the four we live in and 6 others, making it a d=10 universe. Don't contest me on this.

Rep:
Level 88
There are eight separate dimensions that you can move between.

Rep:
Level 94
Ok, well since you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, I'm going to do what I should've done earlier and stay at least 4 posts away from whatever you decide to grace with your empty-headedness.

Rep:
Level 88
I am pretty familiar with the subject of dimensions.
Actually, I'm pretty familiar with mostly everything... Except sports, cause sports sucks.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
It's when you say stuff like that that people tend to start believing otherwise.

Holier then Jesus.
Rep:
Level 87
It could be like a whole collection of universes and that would create a collection and soo on and so on this dimension stuff is Kindof deep though

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
I think there might be alternate dimensions etc, because I believe there's already a future and we're lagging behind somewhere.

It's debates like this that make me feel like an emo....T-T

Anyway, I think that we exist in a sphere of dimensions, since space is always expanding around us in every direction, then it is predictable that dimensions would work the same way and always growing. That would mean there are 360 to the power of 360 to the power of 360 dimensions. (That's my theory on angles in a sphere...naieve yes...but i'm not a mathemetician)

Therefore there would be a huge amount of dimensions and alternate realities, some going ahead of us, and some still being generated by the time always extending outwards.

That to me explains a lot, but also gives more questions. I'm not even going to breach the possibility that this theory may give birth to the fact that there may be alternate times (gods)
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 94
360 is only an important number in our dimension. The reason there are 360 degrees is because of 3 dimensional space. Only once you can comprehend this can you understand what a "dimension" really is.

Rep:
Level 87
It seems as though each theory about space has a flaw...

Space is curved: If it's curved it is around something, what is that, also where does it end if you go up? If you came to a roof there would have to be something on the other side.

Parallel Universes: Well where do they end? If they have walls, behind which are other universes how many would they be?

A string of universes: A string of universes would have to have something come after them.

Never ends: There would eventually be a space in which there is no compression, light, or matter due to the lack of compression. It also just seems improbable.

I would simple say that it's a mystery to never be solved.

Rep:
Level 88
Patriots all the way!!
I think it never ends. Maybe space keep growing. You never know there might be a much simpiler explanation for it but we are to smart to find out!!
Im to cool to have my own signature!!!

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I'm not reallt much into science, but really. Space kind of doesn't end, it's still expanding.

Rep:
Level 87
If space is continually expanding, wouldn't there have to be some manner of void around it for space to be filling, and if so, what lies beyond that?

Rep:
Level 94
The void is nothing. I think that's the point. And space is still growing.

Rep:
Level 88
Patriots all the way!!
I think its just one thing we will never find out! Unless we find away which I doudt that any of us will be alive still when that happens?
Im to cool to have my own signature!!!