RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Cutscenes? [resolved]

Rep:
Level 87
I need help with a cut scene im doing. I want the player to transfer to another map, then WATCH someone being killed, then go back to the first map. Ive watched the video tutorial, but i still cant get it to work. I have my character standing in the corner, then the monster and the warrior are suppost to run to eachother, attack, and the warrior dies. But when i play the test game, the warrior isnt even in the room, and after the monster attacks nothing but air, my character suddenly becomes the fallen warrior.
help please?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 12:18:49 AM by Sandman777 »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Is the move event command set to the right event?

Rep:
Level 87
is the who what where?
im a total noob

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Does the move event command for the warrior have the warrior's event in the box?

Is it on paralell process?

Rep:
Level 87
Im not sure..

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
where is the problem?? wait so he leaves the map. then at the new map he is there seeing someone get killed, THEN goes back?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 102
Page 2 could be the problem if you don't have a condition or the condition is already on.

Rep:
Level 87
where is the problem?? wait so he leaves the map. then at the new map he is there seeing someone get killed, THEN goes back?

THe character walks up to someone, they npc talks, then the character is transfered to another map and watches a battle (like a flash back). Then he is transfered back to talk to the npc.

But when my character gets to the other map, there is only the monster and my character (where is the npc who fights the monster?). Then my character turns into the fallen warrior. and then it is transferred back to the npc as the fallen warrior.

im so confused..

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
when he goes to the next map you need a TOTALLY NEW CUTSCENE.

cutscene: NPC chat ON FIRST MAP
 - Teleport
Cutscene: Battle ON TELEPORTED MAP
 - Teleport
-Cutscene:NPC Chat ON FIRST MAP

to switch from first cutscene to the last one  try a switch.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 08:38:35 PM by Nouman »

Rep:
Level 87
okay let me try that one real quick

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
you can also use a switch right after the teleport and make a event on that map that gets activated right after teleport and vice versa

Rep:
Level 88
Look at the bottom after the Warrior says 'NOOOOOO'. It says:

'Player'
$>Graphic: "189-Down01', 0, 6, 1'

Turning the player dead... Just change who it to the Warrior and it should work ;)

Rep:
Level 87
Look at the bottom after the Warrior says 'NOOOOOO'. It says:

'Player'
$>Graphic: "189-Down01', 0, 6, 1'

Turning the player dead... Just change who it to the Warrior and it should work ;)

Yes, i caught that a few mins ago. everything works, but the Warrior shows up after the monster attacks and such. the monster is attacking just air.

Updated pic:

« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 09:02:06 PM by Sandman777 »

Rep:
Level 88
Did you even make the sprite in the box for the warrior? And since everything is there already in the Monster event it just needs on the 2nd page 'self switch a' is on from the confitions and it should work in all.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Just make an paralell proces event in the other map and a simple switch + the killing (DUH)

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
use "wait for moves completion"

Rep:
Level 87
Okay, i have the cutscene working. everything is fine, but now when i transport back to the first map, the npc's text boxes wont go away. he talks, then there is a black text box and i cant move anywhere.

Im sorry ppl, im not very good at this. i just got RPG maker XP 2 days ago..

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
at the end of text, self switch to an empty page with self switch as a trigger.

Rep:
Level 87
Im still having trouble with it. after the npc talking, i summond the save screen. and it all works, but after i exit it, my character is frozen in one spot and i cant move. the screen freezes up.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 09:37:59 PM by Sandman777 »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
is there an autorun, or a setmove route on...or even a wait command?

Rep:
Level 88
After the event has ended add in Erase Event and Self Switch A. Then make a final page and put 'Self Switch A' in the Properties to on.

Rep:
Level 87
is there an autorun, or a setmove route on...or even a wait command?

Im not sure what you mean.

Updated pic:

As soon as i exit the save screen, the game freezes, but the music is still playing.

I even put another transport to another map,and when the character gets there, the game still freezes
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 11:22:51 PM by Sandman777 »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
before erase event add 'set move route' and to player with NO MOVE COMMANDS. and see if it works.

Rep:
Level 87
no. that didnt work either..

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
add self switch at bottom to a new page, on the new page leave everything blank set it to parallel process then add the empty set move route.