RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Should guns be banned?

Poll

Should guns be banned in some places?

Yes
8 (33.3%)
No
16 (66.7%)
I don't have a clue
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Raising prices would just serve to increase the profits of illegal arms dealers and smugglers.
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
Guns should be banned...just because they are unfair, well unless you're a sniper, then it's whoever gets shot first.

Sword, knives, shaken, blades, are much more fun, much more painful and require more skill to handle. At least with a blade you can be disarmed and there is less chance of killing yourself or shooting yourself in the foot. Excuse the pun.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 88
Modern society is basically a refined form of slavery.

I suppose so.

My favorite thing about you is the way you cave and change the subject when you have been proven wrong.

Either you're trying to be an idiot or you just don't notice that Elergy obviously knows she was wrong and instead decided to make a comment toward you in the same way Gon does to her.

I think guns should not be banned, it's too late to fix the poor control of them in US but unlike Australia the self-defence laws aren't decent. If I were living there I'd get a gun for protecting myself. And considering I'm living here getting a gun would be nice one day, it's not that safe when the attacker is the only one with a gun.

It doesn't matter if guns should be banned or not. Its too late. They've already been invented, and even if the world goes into some magical utopia where no guns are allowed, people will still have them. Also, even if guns hadn't been invented when they were, something almost identical would've been made soon after. Everything is eventual. If it was possible though, my personal opinion on the matter is no, guns should not be banned. If somebody breaks into my house at night, and he is going to kill me or someone I love, I don't want to have to think back to my "ninja sword training" at 4 am. I want to reach for a gun, shoot him in the leg, and call the police.

I honestly couldn't agree more.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 10:37:54 AM by ataraxy2 »

Rep:
Level 89
Ds to answer your questin, yeah i been stabbed, it fuckin hurt but i would rather be stabbed then shot, you got a higher chance of dieing from getting shot. Guns are illigal around here but many people carry them, but the last thing i hear of gun crime was a few weeks ago when some guy went around and shot 2-4 people in their sleep, before that all i heard about was how america were doing in Iraq. But around my area it is pretty dangerous to go out when it gets dark, so many people carry knives like me, and if someone tries to mug me i wont have a second thought in killing the bastard, the worst thing about where i live is if you have a hoody dont let the police see you wearing it or they will chase after you... For some reason uit goes for people who are black especially.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Adding from shadows violent post its true as we live bout half a mile from each other, near mine i got gangs running round and standing on street corners, if i went past them id have abuse and crao thrown at me but, commen sence i wouldnt have the power to do anything about it, also gon and elgy stop making quips at each other just argee without resortin to callin elgy a 13 yr old emo or gon a... well proving him wrong in such a harsh way.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Ok, I've moved your little fight over to spam. Keep on topic.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
I haven't been proven wrong yet, now have I? Oh wait, no! Since all the points of the opposing side have been defeated and haven't been successfully defended.
I love how when I win these debates I'm accused of flaming and people call me an idiot and say I'm losing. Yet, my points are the viable ones that haven't been disproven. But anyways, back on topic...
Any suggestions on curbing gun (as well as general) violence without banning/overly restricting gun use?
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

OMG!! IVE RUN OUT OF EYELINER!!!
Rep:
Level 88
More man than everyone here put together.
Any suggestions on saving the environment without banning/overly restrincting pollution?
The opposite of intelligence is not stupidity, it's patriotism.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
That's an interesting topic. Maybe you should start a new thread about it. Oh, thats right. You don't start debates, you just say ridiculous things in other peoples'.

@ gonorrhea - I think that would be the most relevant discussion, since banning guns is a near impossibility. Perhaps a better form of gun identification is in order. After all, a serial number just gets filed off by people on the street. Stopping stores like Wal-Mart from selling guns could be a good step, but most likely won't help much since most guns involved in murders are stolen and/or unregistered.

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
BY the way...

I think guns should be banned or not depends on the use, just like what Nightwolf and others said.
If you use guns for self-defense, it's okay.
If you use guns to hurt other people, NOW THAT'S BAD.

You know, in some countries, like Japan, is very strict with weapons.
Even carrying a knife will lead you to Police Office.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Elegy, get off your fucking soapbox and talk about shit that's not the environment. God, don't you think of anything other than 'OMGZ0RZ HUERTZ TEH ENVAIRENMINT' or 'AMERIKKKA SUXX0RZ'?
Holkeye, that would probably be neglible indeed. I honestly don't have any ideas right now to throw out :/
Jap0911 didn't seem to actually have a point to his post?

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
It's my very first post in this board...
So forgive me if it sounds like 'doesn't have any point'.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
oh dear gon's on his throne

back on topic in uk gun crime is rarely a problem not including London though, banning guns is like saying to a kid you cant have that, because then every idiot will want a gun just to prove they can beat the system, if gun crime wants to be stopped or at least calm the shootings down more cops should be on patrol with more freedom to catch criminals, im talking about the uk here. 

OMG!! IVE RUN OUT OF EYELINER!!!
Rep:
Level 88
More man than everyone here put together.
Elegy, get off your fucking soapbox and talk about shit that's not the environment. God, don't you think of anything other than 'OMGZ0RZ HUERTZ TEH ENVAIRENMINT' or 'AMERIKKKA SUXX0RZ'?
Holkeye, that would probably be neglible indeed. I honestly don't have any ideas right now to throw out :/
Jap0911 didn't seem to actually have a point to his post?

My question was the exact same as yours, only the subject changed, now you see how stupid it is?
You can't change something by doing nothing, we don't live in a magical kingdom of happiness or whatever you've convinced yourself of.

And I don't use "1337-speak".

See, I'm not a geek.
The opposite of intelligence is not stupidity, it's patriotism.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
D_S covered everything I had to say on the matter. I believe in fighting fire with fire, so if some asshole breaks into my house with a gun you can be sure I'll want one at hand.

Rep:
Level 88
My opinion on guns is (Warning: I live in Arkansas) That people should take a gun safety course like Hunter's Education before they are allowed to own, handle ,or shoot a gun. I have my Hunter's Ed card, and I have never shot anything. Mainly cause I'm a bad shot... By the way, my family owns 12 shotguns and 2 handguns.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
My question was the exact same as yours, only the subject changed, now you see how stupid it is?
My question wasn't stupid, and we've discussed why this is above. Of course you ignore those parts.

You can't change something by doing nothing, we don't live in a magical kingdom of happiness or whatever you've convinced yourself of.
You are truly the stupidest person on earth. Seriously, can you comprehend anything?

And I don't use "1337-speak".
:|

Holier then Jesus.
Rep:
Level 87
I think guns will always be a problem and if you make them banned people will still have them and can still use them. Also it  maybe that a majority of violence is isociated to guns that is not the only threat Ex. Bombs, Knives, large sticks ect.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
That is the smartest thing I've seen you say here, even though it was a bit tough to read. +rep.

Rep:
Level 87
¥¥Death is Peace, and it is your friend¥¥
banning guns, just leads to major chaos, raising prices gets the smugglers rich. also, wouldnt it be like a dictatorship? whereas the gov't can have guns but the citizens can't, and since they don't have any other means of common self defence, excluding elegy's sword, they have nothing to do but sit there, and get shot at by the people who have guns, and intend on using them for violent purposes. Yes, guns create chaos, but its essential for all nation. Ban guns in the U.S, we have one very poorly defended nation.

think of this, A man breaks into your house, and attempts to rob you, you grab your .45 acp, and cap him in the knees. Same applies to the GOV'T, if some idiot country decides to attack America, America would respond with self defense, AKA Weapons. So if they can use guns, why can't we. Also, not every person has time for sword training, guns are faster, more accurate and efficient. You swing your sword at thr gunman, where as he shoots you in the head. And it takes great skill to deflect bullets with swords, thats why we have body armor. So you see, guns are more efficient, and i doubt people will resort to swords if guns are banned, they just will smuggle them and use them, so screw swords.

I also think that people should take FireArms Self Defense tactics classes, so people would know the proper ways of using them. Its gun misuse that leads people into thinking differently, but if people think differently, its elegy.

Holier then Jesus.
Rep:
Level 87
Countries have practicly banned gunes before australia has done it I think. If we register all the guns then we can trace them and you can only buy them if you have the proper license for that gun.

Rep:
Level 94
Most guns used in crimes are stolen.

Rep:
Level 87
90% of those guns are, and 5% from another person, leading them to be accused, and the other 5% was bought.

Holier then Jesus.
Rep:
Level 87
Where do you get these statistics from anyway. Also some company has to make the guns rejister them when they are sold by making them get a real and tested I.D. and credit card

Rep:
Level 87
companies only sell weapons to retail stores. the retailers then sell them to you.