RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Kesshomaru's HTML school! Lesson 3, editors

Rep:
Level 88
http://www.rukinet.com
Hi again!
Today we will go over most of the editors used to create good websites and, if you don't already have any, how to get them. Let's begin!

Spoiler for Notepad:
Now this is the first editor I'll go through. In the simple text editor notepad you can create amazing websites! Although, when you're using this editor you can only write the codes in it and you won't be able to see how it looks when your done.

What happens...
...when I'm making changes to my websites script? How can I see whether it worked out as I wanted it to, or not?
Good, good questions. And I have got the answer! The following is one example:

Open up notepad and wright the main codes (we'll get to these, later).
Save it with an .htm or .html file extension.
Now, close the notepad widnow and open up the map where your new file is located.
When you've done all of the above you will see an internet-link. Surprised?
However, click the internet-link, twice. (Doubeclick, that is.)
A new internet page will appear in your browser. You will see that it is your own words in there.
Now you can see the changes to your website by-right after you have saved your file-clicking "reload page" or simply just F5.

Notepad is-as of what I know-always available when you get your pc.

Spoiler for Word & Wordpad:
What!? You can use word or wordpad, too? The fact is-you can! But still, this is not a good option. Of course, it works and all, but it also sucks! But wordpad may go-I haven't really used this so much, so I don't know-it's just word that sucks! Maybe because they have another product that's made escpecially for website making-Frontpage.

This is often already in your system when you get the computor, although word isn't always...

Spoiler for Frontpage:
As mentioned above, this is at least better than word or wordpad. In this version, you can work with your webiste both by using html and "pull-and-put". If you look down to the left at the frontpage hud you will see three options-something, html and preview (I think...)-which explains that you can create the website in different ways as you want! That's pretty good-but still, I'm using notepad!

Don't you have frontpage? You can get this in computor-stores and some book-stores.

Spoiler for Dreamweaver:
I have, actually, never used this program-I never had access to it-so I can't really tell hwo it is! If someone out there have dreamweaver-or had-maybe you could send a pm to me so that I could make this section a bit better?

As of what I know, you can get dreamweaver-just as frontpage-in computor- and book-stores.

Spoiler for Other editors:
This is the section where I decided to put information about all of those editors I didn't already mention. Sounds good? Let's begin!

Visual Web Developer
This is a product from Microsoft which can make pretty good website, I think. I have it (got it for free from Microsoft yesterday  8)), although I haven't really got to use it yet.

I got this for free from Microsoft p.g.a. ******* so I don't know for sure... The version I got was in a book called "Web Developer 2005, Build a website NOW!", or something like that, and I'm not sure you can get it another way... Still, I don't know much at all, so x3

Is there more!?
Well... I guess-of course there is! I just won't be able to find the motivation to write all of them in here! If you want to know more, google it or, y'know, whatever...!

Now you've learned about a few editor you can use for website creating, but which do you think is my favourite? Well well, want to know the answer? Check the following spoiler, then! And that one is also the one I think you should use and the one I will be using to teach you-therefor it's the best decision for know, to túse the following!

Spoiler for My favourite:
ANTECKNINGAR!! (Notepad, that is!)

Thank you for coming back again and I hope you have learned something today! Next week we'll be going over how to create your first webpage. Don't forget that and I hope I will see you next week!
HAVE A GOOD DAY, EVERYBODY!!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 10:19:19 AM by Kessiah »

Rukinet. - the dot's included!

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
bringing sexy back

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Yes, Notepad++ is teh love <3
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
http://www.rukinet.com
Yes, Notepad++ is teh love <3

Oh yeah... I totally forgot about that one... :O What should I do?
And also... I don't have notepad++ on this comp. How can I get it ... ^^'

Rukinet. - the dot's included!