RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Remarkably Noobish Question

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Just starting the RPG making journey and I find myself stuck on just creating a new project. Sad. I need help guys. When I try to start my first project by clicking new project in RPG Maker 2003, I am immediately asked for a directory, game name, and project path. No matter what I put in these slots, I always get the error "Project creation could not be completed." Please tell me what I'm doing wrong!

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Hmm... What could be going wrong? Well, I'm using RMXP but everything should be the same. First, set the directory as the stuff in the box
Code: [Select]
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Project2

Next, name your project something. The problem might be that there's already a folder  by that name. I'm not exactly sure. Sorry, if this doesn't do anything for you.

The Directory name is the issue. That much I found out by your suggestion. However, the problem then shifts to "directory name contains illegal characters." Argh! Thank you very much. Other suggestions are welcome.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Well, next to directory input thing, if there's a button that says "Browse" click that and choose what file to put it in.

No browse either. I'm done for...

Rep:
Level 88
Maybe you should reinstall the file? It might be erroneous.