RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Kesshomaru's HTML school! Lesson 1, introduction

Rep:
Level 88
http://www.rukinet.com
Welcome, welcome!
I'm Kessiah and I'm here to teach you all about different programming languages. Sounds interesting? I hope so-I'm devoting lots and lots of my time to do this! (Actually, I'm kind of bored... but still-I do this seriously!)
Anyway, of course I won't be able to teach you all about HTML right in the beginning, but at least you can get a look at what it is you want to work with.
Now, I'm going to start the first lesson on HTML at the Kesshomaru school-the rest will be taught to you later on. Now, enjoy the introduction to HTML!!

Spoiler for Introduction:
So, you want to learn HTML do you? Well then you have come to the right place! Are you excited to start programming? Well don't be-don't just yet. First of all, before you get to learn the real programming you need to know what HTML really is. Does anybody, actually know that? For real!?
Well however, here comes the explanatory!

What is HTML?
What is HTML? If you're not just a beginner and don't know this, I would say you're pretty screwed. I mean, of course you could learn the scripting language totally without problems and even become one of the worlds greatest scripter in this current language-but how good would it look? A HTML-master that doesn't even know what HTML means!? Everybody is going to laugh... maybe.
Well well, no need to fear this happening! 'Cause now I'll tell you all about HTML!

HTML stand for HyperText Markup Language. Cool? Weird? Dull? Think whatever you do think, but that's the truth!

A few examples...
...on what HTML is able to do! An HTML-file can easily be created in a simple text-editor or in more advanced programs, like dreamweaver or windows frontpage-but those sucks! Of course, it's easier to use them, but if you want to know what I think I'll tell you it's pure crap! The code is supposed to be script entirely by the man himself (or woman herself)! Don't you agree? Well well, do whatever you like! Just remember-it's more funnier to do the scripting yourself and also, it feels so much better to have made a good-looking site by scripting with pure, simple text!
A HTML-file is created by putting in the right tags and elements in a working way and saving the file as a .htm- or .html-file. The file-name could be, for example,
Code: [Select]
index.htm
or
Code: [Select]
index.html
, which both are usual as frontpage for a site (1).

Note1: Also, default is often used as a frontpage or enter-site, too.

For you who did not understand this in the above said, I'll try to explain it in a little easier way!
An HTML-script is telling the web browser how to show the page with an enormous amount of combinations of tags and elements. This is why HTML is so useful and can create almost any website you could possible want (2)!

Note2: If there's something you can't do with HTML (like a login-function, for example) you can always use other scripting languages, like PHP, ASP or maybe even Javascript! My onyl advice on this, for now, is that you learn HTML before you begin with any other language!

And also, for you a little bit more experienced (but still n00bs!), here comes even one more explanation, but this is, simply, already told.
A HTML-file is set up by different markup tags and must be saved with a .htm or .html file extension!

Way of learning
In this guide and those to come I will teach you, in this case, HTML by letting you try everything I'm teaching! My teaching motto is "to do is to learn". By trying the scripts out you will easier remember the tags and the way to use them. As I said, my motto is to learn by creativity and this is why sometimes I'll even put in a few practises where you can test your new-found abilities!

Spoiler for TDS 1:
TDS-Testa Dig Själv3. Welcome to the TDS-section where you can test your new abilities. In this first section you will test what you already can and the stuff that the introduction was containing. The answers can be found under the next spoiler.

What does HTML stand for?
  • Hyper Text Markup Language
  • Hyper Text Magic Language

What is HTML?
  • A script.
  • A program.
  • A computer language.

For what can you use HTML?
  • Advertising.
  • Creating websites.
  • Hacking.

Note3: Testa Dig Själv is swedish, meaning "test yourself."

Spoiler for TDS 1 Ans.:
Here comes the answers to TDS 1!

What does HTML stand for?
  • Hyper Text Markup Language
  • Hyper Text Magic Language

What is HTML?
  • A script.
  • A program.
  • A computer language.

For what can you use HTML?
  • Advertising.
  • Creating websites.
  • Hacking.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 11:13:57 AM by Kessiah »

Rukinet. - the dot's included!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
LOL like my school's textbook LOL.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
LOL like my school's textbook LOL.

What? You don't like it? What's wrong? Or are you just a piece of shit that has to hurt poeple's feelings!?

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Lol, take it easy Short Tempered Sarcastic person, i'm complimenting you lol
You're work is as good as a book, and books provide good information. You did nice on it

Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
Lol, take it easy Short Tempered Sarcastic person, i'm complimenting you lol
You're work is as good as a book, and books provide good information. You did nice on it

oh, well thank you then ^^
and yes, I know... I have an extremely low temper :( unfortunately!

But anyways... how many is ever gonna watch this? I mean, it's not that every body checks this section every day, eh?

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
IF someone is desprate to learn, he'd surely come here.

Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
IF someone is desprate to learn, he'd surely come here.

yeah, sure ... but who is?!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
C';mon man, you can't make a topic like

FLASH TUTORIALS, KESSIAH PLZ SEE PLZ SEE

someone will come sooner or later, if no one does, ppl will atleast comment you..
Arlen is hot.