RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Universal Juxtapose [RMXP]

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

Universal Juxtapose
Discontinued/Paused until two of my scripts are compatable.

Spoiler for Plot/Intro:
    Over in the Spirit Realm, there is a war among the government, Therindahl (with a monarch), against the Rebels, whose reasons for rebelling against the government will not be revealed (also saying I haven't thought of something yet). As the Spirit Realm is linked to the Living Realm, this causes the world to fall into chaos, from the mysterious deaths and the sudden decimation of cities. The hero has to find the IB Amulet (might be another item later on) to warp between the two worlds. The hero must calm the Spirit Realm to avoid the destruction on the already chaotic Living Realm.

Spoiler for Characters:

Name: ?? ?? (You choose it)
Race: Human
Attribute: Good
Class: Fighter (not with swords)
Relationship: Good friends with Linda. Real good... ;)
Personality: Calm at most times, acts a bit crazy.
Bio: Adopted with a family. He does not know it at the start. (No more details!)

Name: Linda
Race: Human
Attribute: Good
Class: Samurai/Swordswoman
Relationship: Doesn't like ?? ?? as he likes her, but they're good friends.
Personality: Nice, joking.
Bio: Born and raised in Budwin Village. Childhood friends with ?? ??

No other characters thought up so far... Defenitely more coming, though. Ideas have been made but not fully developed.

Spoiler for Screenshots:

This is the map of the opening scene. I spent a lot of time in it, mostly because I needed to set passability for the new tileset :P.

This is probably the biggest map I have ever made >_> This is the village that you start out in. This map isn't fully developed yet. It'll probably be done soon, though. The longest time-spent map for me... Lol, Nouman. Thanks for the help, though. Map looks muuuuuuuch nicer...

Spoiler for Features worth knowing:
  • The ability to warp between the Spirit and Living Realm.
  • Another language for the Spirit Realmers

So far I've made one small village where the hero starts out at. Not much progress has been made as I do not have a defenite/set storyline yet... Ideas in the making and those ideas that have been made are very few. :P So far, this is being done completely on my own with scripts found here and there... Help would be appreciated but it's not really needed. I am completely screwed over on music because I can almost never turn sound on because my brother is always listening to music. >< Also, for the characters, you'll notice I stay with RTP-looking things. Damn... I'm in need of ideas. I have ideas but I'm not sure how to flow into them well. ><
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 09:43:37 PM by mastermoo420 »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
is this xp/2k3/2k?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ack! Sorry.. Forgot to make the title show that and it's for XP

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
BUMP

The purpose of this bump was just to show people that I put screenshots in! :D Feedback is welcome!

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
hmm...the mapping is sorta empty. The houses can use work on the outside as well as the town ground it's self..also house on the right has messed up roof.

;)

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Thanks for the feedback, but which house on the right has a messed up roof? I think I can fix empty mapping by just adding a couple more things and house work, too. Hell, I can try and fix all mapping like that. Again, thanks for the feedback as it will make me be better! :D

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks for the feedback, but which house on the right has a messed up roof? I think I can fix empty mapping by just adding a couple more things and house work, too. Hell, I can try and fix all mapping like that. Again, thanks for the feedback as it will make me be better! :D
Theres only one house on the right... The one at the bottom of the water. Its right side is great the left side sucks.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ohh.... You probably mean the shadowing, right? I can't find a darker shadow for the wall... T_T Er... the tiles, I mean.

Ok. I redid the house. A couple things are off, though. I tried my best with the regular RTP :P

Spoiler for Lower Right house Redone:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 11:05:50 PM by mastermoo420 »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
better, but I would have made the top left same light as top right, its the roof its going to get equal light.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Wait, so you're saying I should take the side lamp thing that's above the other side lamp and move it to the right wall? Also, I changed the Alchemist Lab thing in screenshots and looks a little less empty.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no...the roofing tiles.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
How I would make that house:

in my mapping each and everything gets its own time to beocme fill so the whole map ends up looking full.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Spoiler for Budwin Village Redone:
Does that look better?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 10:34:15 PM by mastermoo420 »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yes tons better, but it still seems your roof's connect wrong.

I made this map this morning to show how I would make a town:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Wait, how's the roof connected wrong? It looks fine to me... Is it because of the weather crow thing? Also, that's a good map... Do you mind sharing the tileset? I only have the RTP house set...

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no I don't mind sharing.

EDIT: I took out the tileset and uplaoded your roof problem...you should see it now your house is on top, mine on bottom.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 10:15:19 PM by Nouman »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! It's connected all the way. Thanks for your input!

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Yep, thats what I was trying to say the whole time. haha
 :D

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Okay... I believe that this should be the final product of the first village (only took 3 tries to make it good-ish! :D):
Spoiler for Budwin Village v3:
How's it look, Nouman/everyone else out there?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
black: fixes, roof is disconnected/trees dont grown on flowers, flowers grow around trees
Yellow: make that line a path
Pink: more flowers
use more simple plants around the map.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol. Don't know why other people looked at the fixes. XD Anyways, thanks for your help again. If all my maps will be this hard to make, lol... Also, right now, I'm currently updating the screenshots in the first page so look there to see if everything looks o.k.

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Hmm, the another language feature sounds cool! Can you give any example?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
will do. I will correct all the mistakes if you don't mind it.  ;D

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ok. Nouman, I uploaded it now.

@jap0911: The language system works like the Al Bhed system in FFX. If you do certain sidequests, you'll be able to learn certain letters that will change all the Spirit Talk into regular English. Currently, I'm in need of help on it, for it doesn't work well with Slipknot's system... Seeing as I am noob at scripting, I am in need of some profession help with it...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 12:24:30 AM by mastermoo420 »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
don't see them xD ?