RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
summoning

Rep:
Level 87
Hi im new to the fourm and i've been creating mini games for a while i need help tho i wonder if anyone can help me and explain a way i can do sommoning i've seen it before but i neeeed help please
Woot currently trying to make a game like Final Fantasy and kingdom hearts

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol, I requested for this quite a while back... XP I know how to make it so that when you use your summon skill, the monster comes out and if you use a skill that that monster had used, then your summon goes away and your party comes back out. My only problems with my common events were that when the summon was killed, you get game overed. Plus, I can't make the common event memorize (at least to my extent of the knowledge in scripting with the time provided) what party members were there and then put them back (actually, I know I can do it with variables but it would be impractical). Hope this gets solved!

Rep:
Level 87
Lmao cheers but i dont really still get it im stuck u see i can get the sommon to go into the battle i cant get it out im a bit slow :P i tried to use common events 2 but i just faced the facts that to be honest im quite rubbish at making games i can do storylines and tht okay the main thing is sommoning

Rep:
Level 87
I get what you saying its just after the battle and i use my summon and the battle ends i cant get my party back at the end of it

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Try to edit posts in the future to prevent double-posting. :P Anyways, since I am still bored, I'll make something. Be back soon. I'll PM you with a link when I'm done.

Rep:
Level 87
Cheers Like i say im new :P not what u would call a wiz at the fourms and so i dont really no how 2 edit i dont normaly ask people for help but what ever your doing thankyou :P i apricate it  ;8

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
No problem, and for editting posts, go to the top-right hand corner of your post and it should say "Modify." There should be something that looks like a map or something next to it. Click that and edit away. Also, I sent the thing.

Rep:
Level 87
Hey guys woo i manage to sort out my summoning probs thanks 2 big help from mastermoo420 if anyone needs any help with there summoning and calling it back after the battle let me no

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ack, this doesn't seem very relevant to the topic, but it is.

Who knows how to call a common event through scripts?

Rep:
Level 87
wait there is a way i think do u still want to know it

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
To do what? Call the events or the non-game over? Or something else?

Rep:
Level 87
well to stop no death and to bring back u party on were u put monsters u no were u can put text and story lines in them put a con branch in it and put if actor soummon death removed sommon add party memebers that may work im not sure u put tht in under the troops section

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ok, I couldn't understand what you said, so try to use better grammar and spelling next time. Thanks in advance. Anyways, here's a demo to try and for anyone else to try out:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A183139U

It took me a while to figure it all out. It's all done with common events and regular events and etc. YAY! :D

Rep:
Level 87
well dun soz about my bad spelling im 15 and type really fast and am a really bad speller have a spelling age of 11 i fink

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol. I type pretty fast (except for when I make mistakes) and I manage to get caps and punctuation (except on AIM) and what do you think about the demo I posted? :D

Rep:
Level 87
wow its fantastisic erm, can i make a sugestion erm i notices that wen i end the battle u still walk round as the angel would u like 2 know how 2 get rid of it so u start walking as ur party again?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Sure, that'd be useful. I never thought of getting rid of that because as I found out that memorization and party changing and etc. worked, I never bothered to end the battle ><

Rep:
Level 87
K this time ill try and make some sence lol :P okay u have your con branches dont you well make an event at the top of your map or were ever its out of the way put in  the con branch if soummon angel is in your party remove angel add the main character(s) in again and put it as parrel proccess so as the battle ends it should get rid of the suommon and add back the party tht was my orginal reason why i started this topic because i didnt no how to get the party back but it was ur demo that helped me do it :)

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ack... That seems so impractical, later on... Anyways, all the events for this demo are impractical... XD