RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Repeating events...

Rep:
Level 87
I have a demon in a cutscene that is supposed to walk four steps up, and then stop. Instead, it moves up and up until it hits the wall. I have "Repeat Actions" off.

What could be causing this. It's movements are caused by an event set to "auto-start"

edit: Thanks for all of your help!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 12:58:01 PM by pythonusr »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
use "Wait until moves completion"
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Also use a switch at the end just to make sure it wont move more

Rep:
Level 87
I've used "Wait for moves compeletion" with no luck... I'll try the switch in a sec

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
switch will work then, I should have asked if you have anything going on after the movement?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
I use switches, or if it is a long event I create one variable and just change its value with each new page that way I'm not overloaded with switches.
Refrain from calculating your juvenile poultry prior to the incubation process's execution.

Rep:
Level 90
Auto Start loops over and over again no matter what you do. The only way to end the loop is to use a switch to turn the event off. I could just redirect you to a switch tutorial, but hey, I've got time.

After your character move script, double-click and create a new script--first page, right hand side called "Switch Operation". Pick any switch number at random--just keep in mind you should only use each one once to avoid confusion. Let's pretend you use switch 0001 (name it whatever you want). Click on that switch, and click OK. Make sure you have the switch set to "ON" and not "OFF".

In your event page (the auto-start one, obviously) create a new page. In this page (make sure it's set to Action Key and not Auto Start), to the left, under Preconditions, check off the first "Switch" opetion. Click on the arrow beside it to choose your switch. It should automatically highlight the switch you just made on the previous page (0001). Just click okay.

Now, when the demon stops moving, the switch will cause the event to move to the new page you just created and the event will stop looping. If you want to do more than just move the demon forward, I suggest putting it all on the first page before you use the switch to turn the event off.

That's it. That was fun. Well, happy St. Patty's day. *wanders off*

Charlie was a scientist, but Charlie is no more.
For Charlie thought that H20 was H2S04.

Rep:
Level 87
Haha! A switch tutorial... I don't need a switch tutorial, but you answered my question about the auto-start... I'll just turn it off.

* changes topic title to [RESOLVED] *