RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A small question. [RESOLVED]

Rep:
Level 90
Now, I'm reasonably good at everything event-switch-and-variable-related in RPG XP...all that doesn't involve scripting. But I'm at a loss of how to do this:

I need to have an event on parallel process that forces the player to move forward at a constant rate. However, I want people to be able to move the player left and right (so as to dodge obstacles on the map as they speed forward). I've tried every eventing trick in the bag to make this happen, but it seems you just can't force your character to move when an event command is already moving them.

Is there a scripting trick to this? Some variable I can change to make it possible to move the player when it's already moving? Any response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: I...should probably mention that I'm already using the eight-direction script.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 03:46:02 AM by YachiYan »
Charlie was a scientist, but Charlie is no more.
For Charlie thought that H20 was H2S04.

Rep:
Level 88
Smarter than the average bear
lets see...im not sure if events can do this, but you could have a conditional branch kinda set up. Like, move player forwaard, if INPUT::LEFT move player one square left, then loop back to moving forward.

Rep:
Level 90
lets see...im not sure if events can do this, but you could have a conditional branch kinda set up. Like, move player forwaard, if INPUT::LEFT move player one square left, then loop back to moving forward.

Ahaha...yes, I never thought of that. And here I was certain I'd tried everything and would have to resort to scripting...hehe, thanks! Only, I didn't have to loop it, just get it running on parallel process to move a certain number of tiles. Thanks again!!
Charlie was a scientist, but Charlie is no more.
For Charlie thought that H20 was H2S04.