RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Johnny Tremain: The RPG

Rep:
Level 87
We all read Johnny Tremain at one point in our life, be it in school or for fun. Now, you can live the experience again; except this time, you don't have to write an essay about it (unless you feel the need to write a review about my game).

SUMMARY OF THE BOOK
Johnny Tremain, by Esther Forbes

Johnny Tremain is an apprentice to the silversmith Mr. Lapham. He is destined to marry Cilla (Priscilla) Lapham when they become older. The Laphams consist of: Mr & Mrs Lapham, Cilla, Isannah, Dove, Dusty, Madge, Dorcas, and Johnny (and Mr Tweedie, later on). Johnny is 14 years old, and the best apprentice on Hancock Wharf / Fish Street, until the accident. While working on the Sabbath, breaking Mr Lapham's rules and the law, Dove gives Johnny a broken crucible to pour the silver into. While pouring the silver, it breaks, and Johnny instinctively puts out his hand to stop it. His thumb becomes joined with his palm. He is fired by the Laphams, and joins the Boston Observer, the Sons of Liberty, and helps out in the Boston Tea party, with his new friend, Rab Lorne. He and the Whigs (patriots) defeat the Tories (redcoats) in the American Revolution.

^^ This is a short and poorly done summary of the book, but I'm writing a different essay at the same time, so there.

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS:
Johnny Tremain
Rab Lorne
Cilla Lapham
John Hancock
Merchant Lyte
More... (will update)

WHO I NEED:
A spriter. I really need sprites for the playable characters, some NPCs, and a couple different redcoat designs.
A chipset/tileset maker. I need a good, 1776 style town (out and in), ship, and bay. I also need some other areas.
An ideas manager (take ideas from others about the book to incorporate and change them into reasonable ideas)
An events smoothener (can't think of a better word): make the events work without lag.
A music composer (BGM and SFX)
1. Me
A scripter
1. Me
BETA TESTERS AND EVALUATORS

This is my first game that I'm serious about making. People who are into American history, I will be adding some extras (Boston Massacre, Battle of Lexington, more...). Don't flame this thread with "I HATE HISTORY" and "JOHNNY TREMAIN WAS THE WORST BOOK EVER" posts. If you have something bad to say, say it in an intelligent way.

I will update this post later. I shouldn't even be on the pc right now, let alone writing my essay and working on a game...

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
I HATE HISTORY, JOHNNY TREMAIN WAS THE WORST BOOK EVER! LOL

I haven't actually read the book but it sounds quite interesting.

Rep:
Level 87
Hehe... I hate you now(); just kidding
^^ i decided to leave the (); in there just to that I have been programming so much lately that I can't even go a sentence without typing (); after the last word... Grr OOP...

Anyways, anyone interested? If anyone wants the book I can give you a torrent to the eBook (pdf) If I can find it again.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
This is highschool?
I might have or might have not read this book. Can't really remember....(whether or not it's hs)

I'm in, put me down for a spiriter and mapper!