RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The effect of videogames

Rep:
Level 87
¥¥Death is Peace, and it is your friend¥¥
this is turning into a debate, just ask somebody with priority to move it. Video Games shouldn't be blamed for no apparent reason. I play them ALL DAAAAAAAAY, yet im scoring a's and b's in class. I think its how people look at video games. People shouldnt blame video games, because what is a video game gonna do? Beat your brain till  death? Depends on the video game. theres millions of games out there. Some of them are educational, and actually has educational shit in it. Take a WWII games for example, teaches you part of what happened during WWII (Good examples is Medal of Honor, and Call of Duty). Even though it may have violence, it still teaches you something. Take notes, Video Games are made by college students, and other organizations of the like. Recently i played a MMO where you have to cure a disease in this city with my classmates, now do you think that is to be blamed for how kids are getting fucked up?

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
While video games and certain media may be another factor, the point comes down to if someone is going to kill a bunch of people after they play a violent video game then they where probably going to do it anyway. It may be an influence, but I can guarantee that ordinary, mentally balanced people are not going to commit suicide, or kill people solely due to a video game.

Rep:
Level 87
that just limits the mentally unstable people and stupid people not to play them, but i feel everyone has the rights to play video, they just need an understanding of them, and this is truely the reason why they have fucking ratings on them.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I agree, video game stores and book stores have a lot in common. They both have lots of material that can be learned. It just so happens that more idiots play video games then read books. I have learned a life lesson or two from Tales of Symphonia

Rep:
Level 87
believe it or not, every video game teaches something.

the infamous grand theft auto, teaches the different types of law enforcement, and what causing trouble could lead into.

medal of honor, call of duty, brothers in arms, show what was like back in WWII, i learned normandy was one of the few places that were invaded during WWII. They also teach you WWII weapons.

Need For Speed show you the different types of cars. I haven't seen a game where it teaches you nothing.

Heck, this IS the reason why they have disclaimers the games.

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Video games affected my lingual skill.
Believe it or not, I can speak English this well at my age cuz I play video games since I was 7 years old (all RPGs).

And I guess video games widen up your imagination.

Rep:
Level 87
they're very useful if you're going to study in a career field like video game design, or graphics design, or anything else of the like.

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Yup.
But actually I want to be a book author... ^_^

Rep:
Level 87
video games have interesting storylines, in which could help you become an author, heck Ghost Recon was a book before it came out as a video game.

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Yea, that's why I said video games helped a lot at my lingual skills.