RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game Maker or RPG Maker?

Rep:
Level 88
http://www.rukinet.com
What's the difference between RPG Maker and Game Maker? Which one is better? Which one should I use?

Rukinet. - the dot's included!

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Use Game Maker if you want to make a small project, use RMXP if you want to make a limited RPG.

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
RPG Maker is better/easier for making RPGs. While gamemaker is good for making other types of games (platformer, puzzle, etc.) It all depends on what type of game you want to make.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Game Maker is a very versatile program...IF you can learn the language. (It's very, very simple, a child could use it. But still, you have to learn it.)

RPG Maker is more limited, but it's also a bit easier.

Game Maker is easier once you learn it though.

Rep:
Level 88
You can make RPGs in Game Maker, which means you can expand, but it is hard and more time consuming. But the GM sprite editor is really handy for close and precise graphicing! Even I could do it! LOL :tpg:

Rep:
Level 87
I use Games factory to great extent actually, i have dabbled in game maker and use RPGMK A LOT this is my golden rule.

RPGMK: RPGS always use this for rpgs

Game maker: Simple platformers ect.

TGF: EVERYTHING

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I'd say this topic could use some moveage...

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Llike what people said before, RPG Maker is for making RPGs while Game Maker is for other kind of games.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 08:12:38 AM by jap0911 »