RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Focusing on Creationism

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
1. Creationism is scientifically non-explanatory.

2. Science and religion are two different cognitive fields between which communication is not possible.

3. Science is dynamic, its goal to approach the objective truth as much as possible, and religion is static, its goal to protect a system of subjective truths set a priori.

4. Being religious does not have to mean being creationistic.

5. Why would, of all the available
creation-myths, the Hebrew one be the only valid one ?

6. Creationism is inherent to a view of life in which man is disconnected from nature, and has the right to exploit his environment, which is characteristic of expansionistic religions.

7. Despite of what creationists say, evolution is a scientific theory which produces testable hypotheses that are still corroborated everyday by data from the fossil record, comparative morphology, biogeography, molecular systematics, and other disciplines.

8. Creationism is not concordant with the fossil record.

9. Creationists do not seem to be aware of, or prefer to ignore, the latest findings on the field of Self-organisation and Chaos/complexity theory which indicate that life really is able to originate and develop on its own.

10. The idea that nature has been designed and crafted together is so anthropomorphic, that it is more likely to be a projection by ourselves. Is not nature equally wondrous by imagining that it has all come into being on it's own?

NOTE: I just copied these from someplace, lol. Discuss.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 03:10:33 PM by Silverline »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Reeeaaaaaaaaallllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy...I don't think it's something that can be defined. I personally had to seek out God in my own way, and I've experienced events that have lead me to believe he is there.

I think it's the same for any guy out there seeking enlightenment, or whatver else they may have set as their goal.

These topics always seem to end up badly, as no one can really take them the way they should be taken, as some idiot (you know who I am referring to) always comes in and wrecks the whole damn thing.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
as some idiot (you know who I am referring to) always comes in and wrecks the whole damn thing.

I'm sorry....  :'(

:tpg:

You all already know my view.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 96
...Not you, other idiot. I'm referring to THE idiot.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Me?

Please say its me.

Oh yeah isnt the most current creationist thingy that intellegent desing thing? If I remember right, it's jebusites saying gawd guides evolution or something. I can't quite remeber off the top of my head. Can some one expand on it?

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91

The explanation is God.

2. Science and religion are two different cognitive fields between which communication is not possible.
Not at all, I think many scientific ideals fit in with my religion.
3. Science is dynamic, its goal to approach the objective truth as much as possible, and religion is static, its goal to protect a system of subjective truths set a priori.
Christianity is about truth. The bible is one of the most valuable history books we have.

There are thousands if not millions of different religions out there that believe in a wide assorted amount of things. You can believe pretty much anything and find a religion to meet those creeds.
creation-myths, the Hebrew one be the only valid one?
Because it was at that time in which God decided to show himself. Man was too chaotic before that time.
6. Creationism is inherent to a view of life in which man is disconnected from nature, and has the right to exploit his environment, which is characteristic of expansionistic religions.
That's because it is a religion. I don't see why it has to be different to be correct.
7. Despite of what creationists say, evolution is a scientific theory which produces testable hypotheses that are still corroborated everyday by data from the fossil record, comparative morphology, biogeography, molecular systematics, and other disciplines.
It's still a theory, with many flaws. You can't prove anything.
That's because carbon dating is heavily inaccurate.

9. Creationists do not seem to be aware of, or prefer to ignore, the latest findings on the field of Self-organisation and Chaos/complexity theory which indicate that life really is able to originate and develop on its own.
Do you know how to create life? =)
10. The idea that nature has been designed and crafted together is so anthropomorphic, that it is more likely to be a projection by ourselves. Is not nature equally wondrous by imagining that it has all come into being on it's own?
You can imagine  what ever you like, but it seems you just admitted that nature seems too perfect as to appear created by a designer.

( I'm just fighting on the other time this round... You need someone on the opposition to have a debate. I don't believe in a god or creationism. )

OMG!! IVE RUN OUT OF EYELINER!!!
Rep:
Level 88
More man than everyone here put together.
He is referring to me >:3

(I love how the mods go out of their way to delete everything I say ^_^ just more incentive to keep typing)
The opposite of intelligence is not stupidity, it's patriotism.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I haven't and I won't.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel

(I love how the mods go out of their way to delete everything I say ^_^ just more incentive to keep typing)

you look like a chick.

Rep:
Level 96

Speak of the retard...

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

I deleted your post because you were contributing nothing to the topic, and you're forcing other people now to go off-topic as well. Contribute or gtfo.
:tinysmile:

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
( I'm just fighting on the other time this round... You need someone on the opposition to have a debate. I don't believe in a god or creationism. )

I'm switching sides for this debate SBX.

Oh and to the n0bz who posted before you: I was just forced to Shame you all. Add something relevant.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Okay to the topic of creationism. If saucy is playing devils advocate, I might as well try to say whats wrong with creationism.

First, what kind of God would make the human body so quirky? Example, the human eye, technically the eye perceives an image upsidedown but the center of the brian that deals with vision flips it right side up. if we were made by some intellegent being wouldn't the eye not perceive the image upside down and no compensation be needed?

Also, we have extra teeth that we don't need. You know, wisdom teeth. If we were created by a higher power why would we have teeth we don't need? Wouldn't it make more sense NOT to have them? Also, it's obvious that third molars/ wisdom teeth are some sort of evolutionary left over.

Also, The appendix another evolutionary left over. Apparently because we no longer use this organ is seems to be shrinking each sucessive generation. I forget where I read this, but my point is doesn't that seem to be evolution right there?

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
How is it not? God created the universe. Isn't that explanatory?

God created the universe and set in motion natural laws.

In religion, the goals, although not completely objective in this life, become so in the next.

Being creationistic doesn't mean being Christian. It also doesn't mean being an absolute creationist.

creation-myths, the Hebrew one be the only valid one ?
Why would it not be?

Man has every right to exploit his environment as the dominant species on the planet.

After God created the universe.

Not Judeo-Christian creationism.

The Judeo-Christian creationists don't.

Maybe Judeo-Christian creationism is anthropomorphic, but with deism, God's only created the universe and set shit a-goin', and watches from there and stuff.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 03:21:51 AM by Djangonator »
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
I really hate the fact that I invented these gigantic slice and dice posts. Honestly, who wants to read that?

Rep:
Level 96
Ah, so I assumed correctly.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Interesting facts, Silverline. What did you prove? Nothing really.
I could name events the Bible said would happen that did happen in the past, and not prove anything. I think debating about it leads to nothing since there is no way to prove any of this. But we'll see what happens in the end.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I could name events the Bible said would happen that did happen in the past, and not prove anything. I think debating about it leads to nothing since there is no way to prove any of this. But we'll see what happens in the end.

Who says he was trying to prove anything? It seems to me he was just starting a discussion.

I really hate the fact that I invented these gigantic slice and dice posts. Honestly, who wants to read that?

You didn't invent that.

Okay to the topic of creationism. If saucy is playing devils advocate, I might as well try to say whats wrong with creationism.

First, what kind of God would make the human body so quirky? Example, the human eye, technically the eye perceives an image upsidedown but the center of the brian that deals with vision flips it right side up. if we were made by some intellegent being wouldn't the eye not perceive the image upside down and no compensation be needed?

Also, we have extra teeth that we don't need. You know, wisdom teeth. If we were created by a higher power why would we have teeth we don't need? Wouldn't it make more sense NOT to have them? Also, it's obvious that third molars/ wisdom teeth are some sort of evolutionary left over.

Also, The appendix another evolutionary left over. Apparently because we no longer use this organ is seems to be shrinking each sucessive generation. I forget where I read this, but my point is doesn't that seem to be evolution right there?

Don't forget our now non-existant (for the most part) tails.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Who says he was trying to prove anything? It seems to me he was just starting a discussion.
In that case I don't believe in Evolution because my religion's Holy Book has predicted events that have happened and seems more logical in my opinion than a giant Universe coming out of nothing instantly. What created the particles that caused the big bang? Another big bang? What created that? Another big bang? I don't think particles form when there is no space ore time to form in.

Rep:
Level 102
In that case I don't believe in Evolution because my religion's Holy Book has predicted events that have happened and seems more logical in my opinion than a giant Universe coming out of nothing instantly. What created the particles that caused the big bang? Another big bang? What created that? Another big bang? I don't think particles form when there is no space ore time to form in.

The big bang is the conclusion from evidence clearly available to us - that all the galaxies are moving away from each other. This suggests that they were once all together and that the force required to set them in this motion against the law of gravity must have been simply inredible. Like, even more than the force of zypher ejaculating in djangonator. It doesn't try to explain how that actually happened or anything that happened before it.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
You didn't invent that.

Don't tell me what I did or didn't invent.

Unless you are who I think you are, (in which case you're probably about to be banned for a fourth time) then no, you didn't invent them.

OMG!! IVE RUN OUT OF EYELINER!!!
Rep:
Level 88
More man than everyone here put together.
Approx.

2.1 Billion Christians
1.3 Billion Muslims
1.1 Billion Atheists
900 Million Hindu
394 Million Chinese Folk Religion
376 Million Buddhists
23  Million Sikhism
14  Million Jews

And lots of other idiots.
Any chance of them all agreeing on one single philosophy?

You'd have more luck getting Bush to understand Boltzmann's constant or Einstein's theory of relativity.
The opposite of intelligence is not stupidity, it's patriotism.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I'm a follower of String Theory, even though the tools to prove it unconditionally will most likely never be within our reach. I don't really buy in to religion, but its not an anti-spiritual thing for me. Its more that I don't really see following a set of beliefs, and would rather have my own ideas, and not have to adhere to policies already in place. I can see several things that many religions do causing more harm than good, but conversely, I can see a lot of great ideas pertaining to morality. I say to each his own, and let everyone believe what they want. Its just that convincing other people to think this way is the hard part.

Rep:
Level 102

The big bang is the conclusion from evidence clearly available to us - that all the galaxies are moving away from each other. This suggests that they were once all together and that the force required to set them in this motion against the law of gravity must have been simply inredible. Like, even more than the force of zypher ejaculating in djangonator. It doesn't try to explain how that actually happened or anything that happened before it.
So there really is no logical explanation for how the big bang was caused, yet people believe in it? Even though matter cannot form without time or space and time and space cannot form without a creator?

Approx.

2.1 Billion Christians
1.3 Billion Muslims
1.1 Billion Atheists
900 Million Hindu
394 Million Chinese Folk Religion
376 Million Buddhists
23  Million Sikhism
14  Million Jews

And lots of other idiots.
Any chance of them all agreeing on one single philosophy?

You'd have more luck getting Bush to understand Boltzmann's constant or Einstein's theory of relativity.
What makes people with different beliefs than you make them idiots? That's like me calling you an idiot because you believe in looking like an emo jackass. I may not be an atheist, but I don't think they are idiots for having their own opinions.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 09:47:42 PM by Irockman1 »

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
But then there is the question of who created the creator.
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I