RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Shin Megami Tensei CBS

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
It recently occurred (yes! only recently!) to me that I haven't seen any battle system like Shin Megami Tensei (and I mean like Nocturne and DDS). I just happened to see a post on another forum that was discussing it. Here is a description of the system by RPG Advocate:

At the beginning of each turn of battle, the acting side gets 1 turn for each party member. Turns go in agility order (Nocturne) or party order (Digital Devil Saga series). One the character chooses his action, it resolves immediately. Normally, this uses up one turn, but there are four instances in which the number of turns used will change:

- The character passes, which uses up 1/2 turn.

- The character's attack was of an element to which the monster is weak. This uses up 1/2 turn.

- The character's attack was of an element to which the monster is immume. This uses up 2 turns.

- The character's attack was repelled or drained. This ends the player's turn immediately.

If an attack hits multiple enemies, the one of the last three cases that uses up the most turns is used. Thus, if an attack hits two monsters, one of which drains the attack and the other is weak, the player's turn will end.

How turn icons are used:

- If a character uses a whole turn when no half-turn icons are present, the leftmost whole turn icon is used up.

- If a character uses a whole turn when half-turn icons are present, the leftmost half-turn icon is used up.

- If a character uses a half-turn and whole turn icons still remain, the leftmost whole turn icon will become a half-turn icon.

- If a character uses a half-turn and only half-turn icons still remain, the leftmost half-turn icon is used up.

Thus, it's possible for a party of four to use four half-turn actions and then use four whole turn actions, but not four whole turn actions and then four half-turn actions.

The turn ends when all turn icons are exhausted.

Anybody want to attempt making this system? I would but my scripting isn't all that great yet.

They'll eat you!

Rep:
Level 91
*cough* Sera sucks *cough* well good luck finding anyone around here

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Nobody able to do this then aye?  :(

They'll eat you!

Rep:
Level 91
it won't be all that hard if you use an event made abs system
but it's more than just hard work and it doesn't look very well ><

but if you want the normal battle system to change like that...
i really do doubt if you can find anyone here that is capable of doing that
holy shit my sig was big!