RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
SKill Events

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
i need something like sabin's blitz techniques in FF6,that's where you press certain keeys like up,down,left,right...etc in a certain order when the ability is selected,and he will preform a certain attack based on what pattern you inputed.
-anyone have any ideas on how to do this? :?

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I actually saw a blitz script awhile ago... Though I'm too lazy to look for it again myself.

Just wanted to let you know its out there if you're willing to look hard enough. =P

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
congradgulations on being one of the first people who actualy post a script that cannot easily be done with events(until blueXx comes along that is)
youll need a pretty big CBS but do you need the ZOMG BATTLER script or ZOMG RM2k3 VIEW script?

Rep:
Level 91
hmm it could be done but i wouldn't say easily..
ok here is the basic stuff:

you need to make it a skill and link to a common event and then it will go something like:

loop
-v(rand) = random(1,4)
-if v(rand)= 1 then
--show image (you will need to show say up arrow image or whateva)
--wait 10frames(half a second respone time, how bout it?)
---if button (up) is pushed then
----v(pwned) +1
----if v(pwned) >=10 then
-----v(pwned = 0
-----show animation: something
-----change hp (all enemies) - X (do whatever)
-----end loop
---else
----end loop
(then the same with left right and down)
repeat

once out of the loop, the skill is done, the enemies are either damaged or you failed, combo can change their status, damage them or whatever you want it "should" work
but you might want to put over half a sec reaction time ;)
also note: the player has to keep pushing cause when the wait ends the key has to be pushed
holy shit my sig was big!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
You might prevent having to press down the button with Key Input Processing, but I haven't tested how to use this properly.

Rep:
Level 91
yeah though the problem is, having key input proccessing as the next line will allow to even afk as it's going to wait for you

Rep:
Level 92
Couldn't you make some funky stuff about calling a parallel process only with the key input process thingie for a certain amount of time?

Rep:
Level 91
i do recall having a button in rm2k and 2k3 that recall events, never tested it but that might just do what you said, sadly even if it does do that, this option do not exist in rmxp and therefore no you can't Xx (seeing as you are not on a map and you are using a common event, on a map however you can just precondition a para)

Rep:
Level 92
You might do it with 2 parallel event and the one triggered (this got to have lot's of pages).
When the first page of the triggered event has ended the first parallel events starts.
This activates the other parallel event (the listener), waits a certain amount of time, disactivate the other parallel events and changes the conditions (a variable perhaps) so the second page on the triggered one, starting over again.

You might do it like that.