RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Trouble with AMS.

Rep:
Level 89
I have attention problems.
I have recently been trying to put AMS (Advanced Message System, or something like that) into my game.  I am using the same script that is featured at phanxgames.com.  I can't use any gamesaves that were made before I put the AMS script in, but ones that were saved afterward worked fine.  I've looked at the script, and see where it wouldn't work, but I want to know if I can change the save file or script or something to make the pre-AMS saves work.

I'm not sure if this should go with scripts or troubleshooting, sorry if i'm wrong.
"...because, you know, whatever."

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Sorry, can't help you there. I would just use the new files. For testing out a new map, I just move the starting position to the new map. I don't use saving for testing, instead, I replay every time(though I only do this after I finish say, 5 new maps and want to see if the teeport works or what not)
>Current Project: Time Killer 2<
Description: Random, plotless project designed to kill spare time. No storyline, just a building to explore.

Status: Fascinated by how appalling the default database is balance wise.