RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A scripting exercise (CMS)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Hey all, Zeriab here!
I have created a scripting exercise aimed at immediate scripters.
You can do it if you have nothing better to do or just want to hone your skills. Well you can do it for whatever reason you see fit.
When you are done with the script you can PM me your work if you want it evaluated. Otherwise I don't care what you do with it as long as you don't post your work in this topic.
The exercise itself is formed as an request.
You are free solve it in anyway you want as long as you fulfill the requirements. Well... It is expected if you want to PM me your work.

- Zeriab

Okay, here goes:
I request a CMS which assumes there only is 1 person in the party.
I have made a design for it:

The light grey parts with the text in it can be selected.
The dark gray part in the middle is a window with information on what currently is selected.

I know that creating a non-rectangular window can be a bother. Therefore I have come up with another design if you can't make the other one:

The first design is preferably.

You'll notice there are 10 possible choices. The action needed:
Map: $scene = Scene_World_Map.new
Options: $scene = Scene_Options.new
Journal: $scene = Scene_Journal.new
Tactics: $scene = Scene_Tactics.new
Datapad: $scene = Scene_Tactics.new

Load: Just as the normal load
Save: Just as the normal save
Quit: Just as the normal end game
Status: Status for the first person in the party. (The one you can see on the map)
Inventory: Just as the normal items

Just make some small classes showing that the wanting action has been done.

Movement:
The movement between choices is a bit special.
I have created this sketch to show the movement: (note same movement for both designs)

As you see there are lots of arrows.
If you stand on a field then pressing the up key will make you follow the arrow upwards to the next field it is point at and so forth.
I hope you understand this…

Well… That's that. Now get to work.

Rep:
Level 88
Patriots all the way!!
This seems pretty helpful. Myself isnt a scripter but my friend is trying to learn most of it (started the otehr day pretty good though) I'll send him this link can help us out with our game.
Im to cool to have my own signature!!!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I might do this if I can find the time. It seems like it would be pretty useful for improving. One question: Are we supposed to make each of the other scripts like Journal, or just the interface?

Rep:
Level 92
Do anytime you want, there is no deadline  ;)

You are just supposed to make the interface.

If you want you can just create the other classes like this: (This is Scene_World_Map, but you would just replace the words for other classes)
Code: [Select]
class Scene_World_Map
 def main
  p 'Scene_World_Map'
  $scene = Scene_Map.new
 end 
end

It is evident if you call the class correctly

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
thaks pal!

Rep:
Level 90
Skilled Scripter, Shitty Mapper, Decent Writer.
That interface looks fairly easy to do. I guess I could give it a shot after I finish up Trenzer's menu request.

Rep:
Level 92
Thanks for the interest.
There is no deadline, but I could arrange a personal deadline if you work better under pressure ;).
It's up to you.