RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Here is a cool tutorial for fishing, can be manipulated for

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Hi, I have seen many people wanting a fishing or pick pocketing tut, so what I have done is posted you my method, just let me know if it has been useful for you.

First you need to create a some new items in the database, a type of fish and a fishing rod. Then create a new event with a condition branch... follow the screenies and you will get the point.

Hope that helped someone out. if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.[/img]

sorry, the piccies didn't work, just type the url in. im new to posting on forums appologies

Rep:
Level 90
No need for the double post. You could have just edited your first one  :O_o:

Rep:
Level 91
before i start with what sux about the event itself let's talk about :
a. you disabled bbcode in your post, don't do that
b. you double posted
c. you save images as bmp.. that's stupid.. save as png only
d. the 2nd image doesn't work

ok i saved as png and:

ok so from what i can see efforts are not really your strong side..
that's the most basic fishing, you made the same idiotic thing attacking over and over again.
only 1 fish type, no leveling up the fishing skill, no bait needed, no diffrent rods and no option to avoid both battle and a fish
and actually.. it should have been fight then getting a fish or getting nothing or just getting a fish.. that whole fight thing in fish systems is idiotic.. you'll never fight a fish in any game for a reason

20 frames are too short of a wait and there is no option for the player to just quit the waiting, waiting should also be a little randomized, and also diffrent spots should mean usually diffrent catches.

if i didn't know how to make such simple thing, seeing as you lack tons i'd give it a 5, sadly this was explained so many times before with better systems and thus you get a 1/10

and a side note:
you could have saved a line by saying "if variable < 3" seeing as 2 and 3 are the very same

and it could use more than 1 fish type...
holy shit my sig was big!

hey dude, thanks for the critisism, i really don't mind. i like a bit of critisism, helps me out. seen as i am only a beginner I THINK i done quite well. also it was supposed to be basic because of other people like me out there. this is not sarcastic by the way but i would like to see your effort at a fishing tut so i can improve mine, would be appreciated, cheers mate

Rep:
Level 90
WHOA!!! First off sorry for going Completely off topic but I have to know where you got that cool skin from blue!!!  :shock:

it's my skin, it's a themed windows xp thing, it changes all your windows. you need a pro called tune up xp

Rep:
Level 91
Quote from: novice rpg maker xp user
hey dude, thanks for the critisism, i really don't mind. i like a bit of critisism, helps me out. seen as i am only a beginner I THINK i done quite well. also it was supposed to be basic because of other people like me out there. this is not sarcastic by the way but i would like to see your effort at a fishing tut so i can improve mine, would be appreciated, cheers mate

k then, check that:

first we make 3 types of "fish" "normal fish" "good fish" "omg fish"
that's our basic 3, we will make 100 if we want to
then we make a nice.. boot.

now we need "basic rod" "good rod" "omg rod"

and lastly "worm" "big worm" "really tasty worm" which are our baits

now it's time for some fun.

make a common event, since it is easier to attach it to each water event instead of copy pasting big events all over.
if button L is pushed then
-loop
--wait 1frame
--if button L is pushed then
---vFishingdelay : +1
----if vFishingdelay >= 300 then
-----vFishingdelay = 0
-----end loop
--else
---vFishingdelay = 0
---end event proccessing
-repeat
-if rod is possessed then
--if worm is possessed
---vrand = random(1,100)
---vrand * vfishinglevel
---vrand +1
---if vrand < 500 then
----vrand = random(1,5)
----if vrand < 4 then
-----add item: +boot
-----change items: worm -1
-----vfishing exp +1
-----end event proccessing
----else
-----change items: worm -1
-----end event proccessing
---else
----vrand(1,10)
-----if vrand < 3 then
------add item: + fish
------vfishingexp + 4
------change items: worm -1
------end event proccessing
-----else
------add item: good fish
------vfishingexp + 10
------change items: worm -1
------end event proccessing
--else
---if good worm is possessed then
(ok , like before but with a good worm, and then with the omg worm, using better fishes and putting more odds for better stuff)

and then you do the same with the rest of the rods

lastly make a parallel process, remember the vfishing level?

the parallel goes:

if vfishingexp < 10 then
-vfishing level =1
else
-if vfishing exp < 50 then
--vfishing level =2

and so on.

of course you can make many of those with diffrent fishes and odds in diffrent spots for every rod and every bait.
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 90
If you go to www.phanxgames.com there are some really great bait and fishing rod icons there! You should check it out.

Rep:
Level 89
That site really rox ass!
Lot's of resources!
Started RPG making once again!