RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
This may be able to do thjough events but...

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
I was just wondering if there is a script or a way to make it so that theres like an enemy sigt range. Example: theres a group of goblens on square one, yuo are on square 10, the goblins sight range is on square 5. the goblins will not try to atk you until you reach 5 or lower. Once you reach square 5 or lower then all the goblins will charge you and then once they coolide or touch you then it will take you to battle mode. Exampl. There are 5 goblins, each one is its own event yet if 1 touches you it will make you battle them all so that once you have finished whipin their ass and you go back to the map all of the goblins will have changed graphic to goblin dead(that last last part is optional). wether you can do this through events or scripts plz show me how. thx
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella
Check out my website for details about my upcoming game

It's possiable using events. Some combination with variables. I don't remember how to do it though. I havn't tried making a game like that for atleast two years.

I'm sure Blue knows how.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
theres a script somewhere for it

Rep:
Level 91
oh god..
here is a short version:

save the X and the Y of the player in variables, and the X ,Y of the enemy you want, compare them and look for if x or y = -5 or +5 then the enemy will change to follow hero, else it will change to no movement.

it's far more disturbing that it sounds, and you'll need to set it to the +1 x and -4 y and so on too, it's a real pain, forget it and use a script.

or work for an hour per enemy.. whateva you want...
holy shit my sig was big!

and I do this how? :whoa:
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella

Rep:
Level 91
variable operation, i think it's all under "other"
look for hero X , hero Y and event X/Y

Yeah, I figured Blue would know.
Also, for the last time. You don't need to solve everything with a script!

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
he jsut said to use a script im looking for one ill post it once i find it

edit: here we go:

Features:

- Lets events see the player and interact with it in different ways depending on how close the player is

- To add this script make a script call it View_Range and add the following into it then call it accordingly with a script call

- Updated to handle BGS effects

� #� �   Max Sound Effect Range is 8 units DO NOT OVER LAP
� #� �   or it will go into super lag mode you have been warned
� #� �   This is because you are trying to play 2 different sound
� #� �   effects and will cycles between them
� #
� #� �   Note : This overrides the maps default sound effect

The Script:

[code]
#==============================================================================
# �  Veiw Range Script
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# �  ï¿½ By: Near Fantastica
# �  ï¿½ Date: 07/04/05
#==============================================================================

class View_Range
� #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
� #

Rep:
Level 91
that's a great find, i am 100% going to use it
it will save me sooo much trouble Xx

syntax eror on line 49

�  ï¿½  ï¿½  ï¿½ $game_system.bgs_fade(1)
�  ï¿½  ï¿½  ï¿½ return  <<<thts line 49 right there in the middle. :?
�  ï¿½  ï¿½ end

also how exactly do I use this? i just insert it and then call script on an event and it automaticly does its thing?
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Quote from: Ayden
syntax eror on line 49

�  ï¿½  ï¿½  ï¿½ $game_system.bgs_fade(1)
�  ï¿½  ï¿½  ï¿½ return  <<<thts line 49 right there in the middle. :?
�  ï¿½  ï¿½ end

also how exactly do I use this? i just insert it and then call script on an event and it automaticly does its thing?

lol, see these ? �

delete em...

@blueXx - while that would work, it would require an advaned event with quite a few algorithims in it in order for it to work diagonally and include all of the squares in between.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 91
Quote from: Tsunokiette

@blueXx - while that would work, it would require an advaned event with quite a few algorithims in it in order for it to work diagonally and include all of the squares in between.

you don't say.. -.-
no worries, if i can't make an event for it, it's either too complicated, impossible or more work than the normal x,y checking which would have been done without the script

i haven't actually tried the script yet though, hoping it actually works for the time i will need it