RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Fantastic GM music site.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
This has probably been posted somewhere else, but the best place to find music for your GM games is http://www.vgmusic.com/.  It's really all you ever need, other than sound effects.  I advise against using mp3s, because it causes an error message in GM and can erase your game, as I have found out many times.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
The best way to overcome that problem (Because I believe it can also happen with large amounts of MP3's) is to import resources as needed during gameplay. This may cause your game to need loading screens, but it is the safest way to do it.

(requires you to register)

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
[capslock]I NEVER KNEW YOU COULD HAVE LOADING SCREENS AT DIFFERENT TIME WITH A REG VERSION!! MY GAMES HAVE BEEN SO SMALL BECAUSE OF THE ONE LOAD SCREEN  :o DAMN I GOTTA BUY REGISTERED![caps]

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
LOL Not quite.

You still have to have that one screen at start up, but when you load a resource it may cause lag. Lag is BAD. So you want to disguise it with a psuedo load screen.