RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Need members - Nebelfallen Project

Rep:
Level 88
Your greatest flaw is that you have a soul.
PROJECT: NEBELFALLEN
SECTION: [recruitment]

INTRO: This game is an at least 25 hours gaming plan including original, detailed plot with adult approach - The plan is not to make "a random not so random kid is the chosen one who saves the world-game" but rather a story of chain reactions in darker fantasy world as a result of personal deeds and political conflicts that deal with problem of moral relativity and several social and psychological issues through characters who mentally develop and alter as the story goes and THEREFORE I'm looking for a scripter (or more of them) and a spriter (or more of them). You can check additional informating regarding game here: Nebelfallen game info page and the rest of this topic is dedicated to recruitment.

BEFORE: I started doing it alone but I realized I cannot possibly do everything myself, specially since doing it myself includes learning complete ruby system of RMXP PK edition and on top spending hours on making sprites. The idea of the game is developed with detail and I will be taking care of almost everything but I definitely cannot handle the system scripting and spriting. Without too much talk, here's what's important:

JOB A: THE SCRIPTING (One or two positions)
POSITION: SCRIPTER
LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE: Matching with Blizzard's and Me(tm)'s. Reffer to them. Personally, I'd like to call Blizzard to join but I don't like the idea of bothering him. Please, do not feel underrated because of this, I'm merely taking them for note because of the objective I've given myself and that's to make a game for remember and we all know they're - well - good.
PRIMARY GOAL A: Constructing unique game menu system by the sketches. Refference of quality: Chrono Crisis.
PRIMARY GOAL B: Constructing the battle system. Using someone predefined battle system is not a problem but
the scripter might alter or add additional feature.
SECONDARY GOAL: Minor adjustements and/or minor adds, for example a horse ride or fishing.
OPTIONAL: It would be nice if the same scripter can deal with events. I might run on to a problem and it would be good if I had a quick support from the rest of the crew.

JOB B: THE SPRITING
POSITION: SPRITER
LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE and CREATIVITY: It's simple: The best you can get. It's very important that you can make them detailed, smooth and with good shading. It is even more important that you can make positions other than standard set. It is even moore important that you can alter predefined world graphics and even make your own.
PRIMARY GOAL A: Sprite characters, objects, animals, enemies by need. I promise best previews.
PRIMARY GOAL B: Battle sprite characters, objects, animals, enemies by need. I promise best previews.

JOB C: THE SPRITING & SPELLMAKING
POSITION: SPELLMAKER, CASTING ANIMATION
LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE and CREATIVITY: Best it can get. Spellmaking is time-consuming process and I need a person that can handle this issue. We may or may not be using default spell animation but since we're dealing with side battle effect we need a person that can communicate with the rest of the crew and design spells by need, and it's even better if it can handle spell spriting. Spellmaker will work by my inputs but, of course, with ability to improve, suggest or revise.
PRIMARY GOAL A: Spell making
SECONDARY GOAL B: Spell spriting

ADDITIONAL NOTE:

The position of scripter doesn't include too much of work, mainly designing a menu screen and sidebattle turn-based system (Although we can use someone else's) a thing or two more and the purpose of spriter will mainly involve character and battle character creation and one tileset that should contain scientific, futuristic and technical theme, with a refference to Chrono Cross's Chronopolis and Tower of Geddon exterior and interior (Just found it as a good refference). The quality of creation should match with the Chrono Crisis fan game for which I'm sure you've seen so far, I don't expect from a spriter to draw entire ultimate tileset like Chrono Crisis's spriter is doing (Although I applaud to it) but a more advanced spriter who likes and doesn't fear of making new and detailed sprites is welcomed - expandable CREATIVITY is a MUST. He doesn't have to draw and color with hand and on pc, just do the spriting. For the refference to the quality of scripter, I'd be happy if you match (or you are :D) with Blizzard's and Me(tm)'s script knowledge and above. Otherwordly, both of you make two most important elements of the game, and I do the rest, including sound, soundscape and music production and composition under supervision of the two. The game, in overall look and mood, what involves spriting, should look darker and serious (on contrary to general color and look of RPGMXP) because that's how the plot will look, that's how the characters will be and that's how the music is - realsound, classical, epic, dark and "serious". I'll probably add another member who will deal with spell creation (Since it's another drastic time-consuming process) since we won't be using default RMXP PK spells. PM me or send me a mail at decadent_sympozium@yahoo.com and we'll see what's next-> We'll do this, and while scripter is designing a menu, and spriter characters, I'll fully complete the story, the characters, the process of plot and gaming, music, sounds, basic view of events and region, etc.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 10:57:14 AM by Decadent Sympozium »

Rep:
Level 88
UPDATE

Two members enlisted, a friend from England will help with grammar and plot and another friend will handle spellcasting. The job fields are still open, of course.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Do you have any visions of how your CMS should look like or is it actually a "Make it however you like" job? If the second, which color scheme would you prefer?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 01:02:41 PM by Blizzard »
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
Do you have any visions of how your CMS should look like or is it actually a "Make it however you like" job? If the second, which color scheme would you prefer?

Yes, I have a specific idea, I am currently designing menu system, I'll send you the files over mail or msn. I'll enlist you into team members. ;)

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Okay. Send it on my mail or PM it to me. I'll do the CMS for you then. ;)
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
Okay. Send it on my mail or PM it to me. I'll do the CMS for you then. ;)

I am currently in negotiation/invitation talks with spriters and art designers. Looking for only the finest people I could get for the unpaid work. Trying very hard to make this exist. If you decide to fully join me anytime, you'll make me a very happy man.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
you'll make me a very happy man.

Ok, I'll marry you! :-*

NO WAIT! (lol!)

And yeah, of course I don't charge for my services. ^^
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 06:28:39 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
Ok, I'll marry you! :-*

Sorry, already engaged. ;P

And yeah, of course I don't charge for my services. ^^

Truth to speak, I wouldn't mind paying people. I really wouldn't but I cannot afford myself paying 10 people. or one for that matter. Too poor person. This is all based on free willingness, even if I'm trying to do something very promising here and expect top stuff. :) I cannot thank enough for any effort you will put into this, just didn't have time to thank yet. My apology.

Rep:
Level 88
UPDATE

We have a new member, she is a semi-proffesional artist with fantastic drawing capabilities and will assist us in artwork and possibly spriting.

She is known as Calisto-lynn and you can check her artwork at calisto-lynn.deviantart.com

This means that not only we will have original and well-drawn characters but also means we can make better scenes with original pictures and confront story just as squaresoft did in Chrono Cross.

You still not sure about fully joining, Blizzard? ;)

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
At least not for now. You know that I'm always short fo time, lol!
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
At least not for now. You know that I'm always short fo time, lol!

Yeah. But the game won't be done before 2008. anyway (atleast I don't think so).

Anyhow, another member enlisted - he'll help out with art. Still looking for a spriter. That's all we need to start making a game. ;)

Rep:
Level 88
Another person enlisted. From UK, will help me with plot if necessary, dialogues and grammar.