RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dragon Fantasy (Ver.2)

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
NOTE!!: MADE WITH RPG MAKER 2000. You might have to download the RTP and/or RPGM2000 to play this!

This is a project that I have been working on for quite some time now. Off and on my interest did switch, until it had finally faded. However, this is the day in which I bring you a better, revamped version of that game I introduced long ago. This is a mixture of two games: Dragon Quest/Warrior (90%) and FInal Fantasy(10%). It takes a more old-school approach onto gaming and brings you back to the NES era of gaming. In this version there are better sounds, music, more enemies, more places and a few things fixed up here and there. Not everything is perfect, but I like it. I'm really enjoying designing this so i hope you have fun playing it. Now....time to tell you what to expect:
-Simple storyline.
-Not-so-detailed maps.
-NO battlebacks.
-Powerleveling
-Hard monsters and Bosses.
-Low EXP/Gil count from enemies.

Now, let us begin.

====================================================

Story: The Hero (you get to name him) was returning from a distant war one day. However, from out of no where a massive beam of light struck him and he was knocked unconcious. When he awoken he was in a much different land, one of which was in no way similar to his own. A lone town stodd before him...and so he entered. This began his journey.

================PICS:

World Map

A Battle.

The church.

The first town.

Another Battle screen

The devilish Slime King!
==========================

Hints:
-Buy new armor and weapons when you first start of in the town.
-Before going to fight the first boss at LEAST be LV. 4. Otherwise your basically screwed.
-Buy lots of Healing Herbs.
-When you get Aika make sure to buy her equipment!
==========================

DEMO:5.20 MB *Until you get the Flare Shard.*

http://www.savefile.com/files/503783

Comments appreciated. Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 08:10:21 PM by Lavata »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I cant move...
I push the arrow keys and nothing happens...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Strange. I just testplayed and nothing like that occured. Ill wait and see if anyone else has the problem.

Is there anyone else brave enough to test the game out  ::)

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I'll try it. I'll edit this post...

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I can move now but the title music is gone and when I got to the slime cave it said "could not open file slime2" and quit out of the game...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Ah. Sorry about that. It's a common mistake on mine. I keep forgetting that the slime I use there is part of the RTP.

The file is attatched. Just put it in the charset folder.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I was going to edit, but.

I have no problems, except that one. I've got the file now, so I'll carry on playing. It looks great, though, Lavata.

Rep:
Level 96
Only problem I hate with the look of the game was the game over screen... you have the old school feel down so good, but then the game over screen doesn't fit...

You are the maker of the game so you decide but I think something like this would look better.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Ah. That's also what I forgot to change -.-'

I thank you for the new one.

What did you die against? >.<

Rep:
Level 96
The slime king  ;D

::) I notice you can fun from all the random encounters without fail, so... I was slaughtered.  :tpg:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
XD Lol. Well I suppose that's reason enough to get killed >.>

Being a slime Physical attacks do crap all damage. Only magic does any real good against him.

Oh...and for those who do play it: make sure to give me feedback. It's always nice to hear something about your game =)