RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Underwater

Rep:
Level 88
Travelling underwater in a submarine would be possible on RPG XP wouldn't it. Tell me if I'm right:

Just make a tileset that is underwater, make passable etc, change sprite to submarine and your right, just like normal world maps.

But what if I had it that if you press say...SHIFT, the sub rises and turns into a boat?
How would you do this for an airship as well, (eg press control to transform)?
If it is scripts needed, how would I make it that as soon as you get the ship, you can't turn into the submarine or airship?

This is for my Lufia game.

Sorry, probably stupid question. :'(

Rep:
Level 88
Well, one thing you could do is make multiple submarine charsets, each in ascending order of size, and make a parallell process which says that if the shift button is being presssed, change the player sprite to a larger version of itself, then wait, say, 3 frames, then keep repeating that so that it looks like the submarine is moving upward. Then you could transfer the player to an ocean tileset with the appropriate passability settings, and change the sprite into a boat sprite. You could also replace the largest submarine sprite with a half-sub-half-boat sprite to make a better effect.

As for the airship, do the same thing, just keep making it smaller, and don't change maps; simply transform the sprite into a boat that looks like it's sailing and not flying. EDIT: Actually, do change maps, just don't fade. Once you become a boat, you won't be able to travel on land, so you'll have to have another map with the right passability settings.

Your last question is the simplest. Once you've changed the sprite, find a way to render that parallel process useless, like turning on a switch which is the condition for a page in the submarine-changing event in which there is absolutely nothing.

Sorry if this is a bit confusing; I'm not good at explaining, but let me know if this helps.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 05:45:42 AM by .:Pyroken Serafoculus:. »

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Travelling underwater in a submarine would be possible on RPG XP wouldn't it. Tell me if I'm right:

Just make a tileset that is underwater, make passable etc, change sprite to submarine and your right, just like normal world maps.

But what if I had it that if you press say...SHIFT, the sub rises and turns into a boat?
How would you do this for an airship as well, (eg press control to transform)?
If it is scripts needed, how would I make it that as soon as you get the ship, you can't turn into the submarine or airship?

This is for my Lufia game.

Sorry, probably stupid question. :'(

Events.

When Ctrl pressed

move hero(event sub) up, make it a boat.

But you need sprites, and also a half sub half boat sprite.

Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
I'll try this when I get sprites.