RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Emulation Trouble (It's not the emulator)

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
For some reason, with all my emulators, I've been getting slow speeds, garbled, crackly sound, and really crappy response.

This started at about the same time as I was banned...That's as much of a time signature as I can gather. I noticed it first when I was writing a song for Yami's contest in Mario Paint. It was like I said, slow, garbled, crackly. I blamed ZSNES, and left it at that. Then I went to play Earthbound 2 on my Visual Boy Advance. Same deal, but worse. Optimized everything I could in the emulator, but not it's still just as bad as ZSNES was.

I opened ZSNES tonight, and now it's SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...Like, NO response.

What might the cause of this be? I freed as many resources as I could, optimized the emulators, etc...what else is there to do?

Rep:
Level 88
I don't know about the speed but have you checked your sound drivers and made sure they are working properly and have the latest update for them?

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Maybe the settings are bad.

But yes for me too, all high graphic games (not like pokemanz) are slow
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 96
I did check sound, and I tried with/without hardware accelaration...but not since I altered settings. Lemme try again.

Edit: Looked at it- No dice.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 02:49:11 PM by arrowone »

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
i forget. Do you install emulators? are you sure it isnt the ROM?

Rep:
Level 96
You CAN, somehow, but you don't have to. And it's not the rom, it happens with all of them...

Here's something interesting though:

When I use the speed button (supah fast cutscene skipper, you know the one) and I let go, it's fine for a few seconds. Then the echoing starts up again.

I THINK the echo effect is "on", even though it says it's off...turning it on doesn't do anything though...

Also, uit worked just fine for about an hour last night. I was elated, but then it got borked.

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
My guess would be a crappy computer. If it was made before the year 2000, you'll have bad luck trying to run emulators. Just because the computers are so slow compaired to what's needed now.

Rep:
Level 96
That's the thing, I got this computer the Christmas before last.

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
I'm assuming it's still a slow computer issue. Try searching for spyware and adware. That's what I'd do.

Rep:
Level 96
Hmmm...I DO have Norton, so that IS possible...I'll check that out.