RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[READ FIRST] Rules for Tutorial section.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
What this forum is for:

The Tutorials forum is for submitting or requesting tuts on HOW to do something, like creating a fishing system, or stealing system, or how to make an event that does something specific, NOT for requesting help for errors, games crashing, functions not working properly, etc. Take those problems to Help.

Rules for Requesting a Tutorial.

- At the very top put the rpg maker version you are using. VERY IMPORTANT. Remember, you can be using Rpg Maker 2000 (RM2k), Rpg Maker 2003 (Rm2k3), Rpg Maker XP (RMXP), or Rpg Maker 95 (RM95). It would help if you put the version in the topic title.

- Make sure the request is written clearly and straight to the point. Read to the last post of this thread for an example.

Once that's done, check out what to do for the kind of tutorial you are wanting.

-Need a mapping tut?
  - Post what type of map, forest/cave..ect
  - State weather it is indoor or outdoor
  - MUST INCLUDE NAME OF TILESET, if it is not *RTP please you must upload it and post the image.

- Need an eventing tut?
  - Post what type of event is should be, text/battle/cut scene
  - Give detailed run trough of what you want to happen.

- Need a different tut?
  - Post what you need
  - Give detailed run trough of what you need.
*But remember to always use the search feature first! Please look before requesting.*

*RTP = RUN TIME PACKAGE (is all the resources like music, tilesets, etc that come as Default with the maker)

Also, please try to give a clear title. Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:12:54 AM by Nessiah »
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
I would like to mention that it would be nice for the people to mention the version of Rpg Maker they are using. It would make the forum easier to navigate, easier for those who have questions, easier to have tutorials read.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
merged. (text added to first reply)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 04:15:55 AM by Nouman »
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
People really need to read this...

Rep:
Level 87
Good job Nouman *offers high five*

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
I hope people will read and follow this

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
This should be stickied! I think that last bit of searching is veeeeeeery important, though. XP

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
If it doesn't get sticked it's ok. Just people should known how so thats why I made this.
thanks for all the replys!

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
This gets the official diablo approval to be sticked.

Also, RTP is all the resources like music, tilesets, etc that come as Default with the maker, not maps.

This will be very useful to the forums for organization. Good job.   :police:
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Thanks, and Nice edits.  ;D

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Exactly! It should be a rule.

Wasn't this thread locked?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
and people still fail at reading this.  :-[

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
*pats*
I am afraid there always will be people failing to read this.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Topic has been merged. Instead of a topic on how to post a tut, and what this section is for, I combined them and made the topic become the "Rules" of this section.  :)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
This is kind-of an unwritten rule, so I'll just write it down for ya: If you get help you need please edit your first post and add [RESOLVED] in front of the title.
Please keep the original title after the [RESOLVED]. A title with just [RESOLVED] is far more useless than something like [RESOLVED] How do I create a door?
Please try to be nice and consistent as it will help skim the topic titles.

It pretty much goes without saying that writing [RESOLVED] in a topic title before it actually is resolved is a bad idea.
The reason why you should add [RESOLVED] to the start of the topic and not the end is simple that the length of topic titles varies.

Following this will help clean up the forum and increase the clarity ^_^
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 02:49:31 PM by Zeriab »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
blizzy added it to my sig because I respond to many things and people will see it. xD still I need to to actaully TYPE it out.  :(

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I'm bumping this topic because NO ONE FRIGGIN' READS THE RULES.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
lol, thank you :)

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
I would like to add if people are asking for help, it has TO BE in proper English. It's hard to read when you're speaking in l33t speak.

If this isn't followed, I'm going to lock the thread and you will have to PM me the proper request before I unlock your topic. I encourage everyone to not help the person if this was the case and if I haven't locked it yet.

This is only understandable if you're not English or ESL but speaking like:

Here is it there a NPC who say:Go to that chest then equip that old armor then ask me again if u finish Equiped The Old Armor
Then i dont equip the armor and  i talk to the npc and said:okay fight my pet Then i fight
i want that the player must equip the armor before fight i already try the variables and its just nothing
variable is only need item okay tnx P.S

Consider it locked :|

A proper way to request and assuming I'm understanding the request:

I have an NPC that says, "Go to that chest."
Then when I open the chest, it gives me an item called Old Armor.
If I talk to the NPC again, it will say"Fight my pet!" And a battle will start.
But I want the player equip the old armor before the fight, just in case the player didn't.
I tried using variables but it isn't working. Thank you!

^^I edited this f*cking example for like the 7th time already. I keep reading the request wrong. SEE HOW HARD IT IS?
Make it short, hell even bullet point it, I don't care. Just make it easy to read, with proper spaces AND understandable.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:20:50 AM by Nessiah »