RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Feedback / Criticism / Suggestions

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I was wondering if there was going to be a graphic for those who have Extra Access for Theme4? All I see is an "*".

Rep:
Level 82
We learn by living...
No offense, but I like the stars better than the lumpy orange blocks. If I was a military rank, I wouldn't want to be a lumpy block forming into a bar of lumpy blocks. Two stars is like a general or something and looks cool.  8)

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
No offense, but I like the stars better than the lumpy orange blocks. If I was a military rank, I wouldn't want to be a lumpy block forming into a bar of lumpy blocks. Two stars is like a general or something and looks cool.  8)

Read

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
i actually don't even know what the stars or lumpy blocks ever meant. I have 5 of them, and they used to be a green stars with crazy horizontal patterned lines running through them. But in other areas of the forum, my badge would be Moderator in green.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
I believe that if you're a moderator of a specific board, the stars will appear in your posts in that board instead of your badge.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I believe that if you're a moderator of a specific board, the stars will appear in your posts in that board instead of your badge.

which is weird and that should be overridden by gmod or smod status :[

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
double post - view attached image

it's what i see when i go to move a topic. also, some broken things at the bottom there.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Fixed that move topic thing, and the images, and postbits back.

Lol I like how my forced oversized avatar works inside/outside the container
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 05:09:21 AM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Lol I like how my forced oversized avatar works inside/outside the container

that's awesome lol

Rep:
Level 83
I can't use the search bar. says that i do not have the privilege.
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
might not be up yet - i know yesterday he said to USE GOOGLE and posted the link if you need to find things.

edit:

this -

Everything hadn't finished being fixed yet when I first posted this, so an hour or so of stuff is now only between me, zylos and grafikal :zwink:

Don't worry about your thing grafikal, I'll do that manually (since the forum essentially "forgot"). It actually showed me a problem, it moved you TO the donator group, FROM being a moderator lol. Stripped you of your power. I'll work on another alternate way to manage all this based on secondary membergroups, but that will take a little longer to write, and thus a little longer before all the cool stuff starts happening.

As for RMRK itself, I've been working on this for around 11 hours now and RMRK is up, fast and and postable (3 hours ago you could browse but couldn't post  :-\ ).

Search is dead for now though, and dead deliberately. For now, you will have to use google. I'll make the search form up top use google search in the next theme update. RMRK has been nothing but problems recently, sorry I can't keep it all up working. I fix one thing and something else breaks :'(
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 07:10:36 AM by grafikal »

Rep:
Level 83
K, still i know that roph is busting his butt to get things back in order, and he is doing a good job.
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
Is there a way to do All Unread Posts in this version, asides from having to do so multiple times for all the different categories?
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
http://rmrk.net/?action=unread

Or for *ALL* unread;

http://rmrk.net/?action=unread;all

Keep in mind that the ALL is literal, you'll get lots of stuff you don't care about. A good way to keep your unread log clean is after you're done with the forums for a day, click the mark all as read thing.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Anyone else notice how poorly the levels are interpolated? Wait, is that even the right word?
Anyway, my point is, someone who just joined a week ago and has 12 posts is already level 25. And what level am I? Level 80 or something?
I mean, this is an RPG Maker forum, right? You'd think we'd have the whole "experience curve" thing under control here. :P

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Another thing, at least for me, is that at the top of each thread I always see "Author:" and then a big blank until the topic title and number of views. Isn't the thread creator supposed to go there? For that matter, is there a way to tell how many people (or who) are viewing the particular thread at the time?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Anyone else notice how poorly the levels are interpolated? Wait, is that even the right word?
Anyway, my point is, someone who just joined a week ago and has 12 posts is already level 25. And what level am I? Level 80 or something?
I mean, this is an RPG Maker forum, right? You'd think we'd have the whole "experience curve" thing under control here. :P

we're a free server, our XP rate is hacked and increased above retail server's slow boring rate.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 102
It is a logarithmic curve =o

As new members register, that will increase older members' levels. Postcount has the most effect on your level, but your account age also comes into it too (rather, the difference between your account ID and the ID of the newest account).
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
Another thing, at least for me, is that at the top of each thread I always see "Author:" and then a big blank until the topic title and number of views. Isn't the thread creator supposed to go there? For that matter, is there a way to tell how many people (or who) are viewing the particular thread at the time?

That's basically labeling the "column" that contains the avatars / names etc. It's probably not needed lol.

Also put that viewing thing back at the top ;o
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
I'm just wondering, will it be alright if I do some purging in the tutorials section? I noticed that 2k3/xp/vx tutorials and requests are all messed up together in the board, I find it hard to tell which is which. I don't want to do any drastic mass deleting and rearranging without consent :(

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Well, after the spring cleaning few months ago, all of the tutorials and "How do I...?" questions are now supposed to be on the same board. However, I personally got pissed off that people wouldn't mention what RPG Maker they were using when they ask for help. Nothing is more annoying than trying to find a solution for their problem, only to find that it doesn't work because it's for the wrong engine.

When you say purge though, what do you mean to do? We can't really delete a legitimate request, and we don't really have a sub-board to move it to at the moment instead.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Like, old questions are transferred into a new topic so it's one huge Questions list instead that are answered for easier access. I'm fine with legitimate questions left though, it's just earlier I found a request on how to move the hp bar to the character's side without saying for what maker it is for till later. I think this fits script requests better? orz

I'm not sure, it's just the board is so cluttered I'm not sure how to make the answered questions easier to access and I really want the board to feel clean?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 01:22:37 PM by Nessiah »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
The best way is to enforce (or add?) a rule stating that ALL THREADS MUST STATE WHAT RPG MAKER THEY ARE USING IN THE THREAD TITLE. Just a simple [XP] or [VX] would make me so much happier. Then if they don't use that, or at the very least don't mention the engine directly in their post, we can be assholes and delete the thread altogether (or just modify the topic title to reflect the engine, if you want to be a nice person).