RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Feedback / Criticism / Suggestions

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
We have that. Go to profile > Look and Layout Preferences > and scroll down to "Use quick reply on topic display"

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
THANKS A LOT IROCKMAN1 I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!
XD

Un, sorry. I guess I better leave now before I start spamming.

Thanks again Irockman1.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
I use it all the time. ;)
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Hmmm... I really like RMRK. It is a great forum both for RMXP and pretty much everything else. One thing I think could be improved is a Resources Board for finished resources. I mean, I know Crankeye has one on the main site, but he doesn't seem to visit very often, so a lot of the cool resources people post sort of fade into obscurity. It'd be nice if there was a board where anyone who wanted to share resources just posted there, while the other board is reserved for requests.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
a resources database! awsome idea.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Nice idea but hard to keep trakin needs something else than normal post..
not ?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
And here's a suggestion. The ability to see who's viewing a topic in the normal theme.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
And here's a suggestion. The ability to see who's viewing a topic in the normal theme.
Done, you sneaky snooper.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Nice idea but hard to keep trakin needs something else than normal post..
not ?

If I am interpreting correctly, you are saying that the board should be locked and finished resources moved in by a mod?

I think that would be harder on the mods. A lot of the mods don't frequent the RM section of the boards, and so I think it'd be less demanding if we just separate the board into finished resources and resource requests. I doubt there would be many people trying to post requests in a resources database, and even if there are a few, it'd probably be easier for mods to sift through the database and remove those that don't belong then it is for them to go through the requests board and move the finished resources. In any case, it's just a suggestion.

Rep:
Level 102
Done, you sneaky snooper.
Woah, thanks. ;D

Rep:
Level 102
I have another suggestion!

:XD:
It seems like we always need an XD smiley. :lol:

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
I have another suggestion!

:XD:
It seems like we always need an XD smiley. :lol:
ROFL you bad msn ripper XD

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
That'll kill me in a second.

Rep:
Level 88
If you want an 'XD' smiley use a decent one:

A '-,^' would be awesome too:

As would a: '^^':

As would a: '(2)':

And as would: '=,=':

lol, I wonder if anyone notices what I'm hinting at? There's way too many out there and so many would be wanted. It's probably a no.

Rep:
Level 102
I vote Ataraxy's XD smiley.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
They all look stupid on the dark theme or the pink theme, since they're not cut out and have white backgrounds.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Not to mention they all look kinda dumb anyway.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 88

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
change this:

"Post for give / get help with people's projects."

makes no sense xD Its under projects/games and then under the link to Team/Test recriemnt

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
A new section of forum. I am speaking of the Extra access, but instead one for advanced RPG maker's. I'm just throwing this out there. Eliete Rpg maker users only and they get a badge or something along with it.

just an idea...

Rep:
Level 97
A new section of forum. I am speaking of the Extra access, but instead one for advanced RPG maker's. I'm just throwing this out there. Eliete Rpg maker users only and they get a badge or something along with it.

just an idea...

seconded. landofshadows also suggested this in Darklord's leaving topic. It sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

Rep:
Level 97
One thing I think could be improved is a Resources Board for finished resources.

Seriously, most generous staff of any forums ever! Thank you!

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Thanks modern algebra
seconded. landofshadows also suggested this in Darklord's leaving topic. It sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

I have added to what I said in that thread... And Have PM'ed Silver

But here they are for every one:-

Few Suggestions:-

1. Add a PayPal button to the bottom of the Forum idex page so members can make a donation... you never know the fourm might pay for it's self, and get you enough Profit for a pint !!!

(I some times have to pay a Bank Charge for using a whole in the wall machine... that's £1.50... I would have very little problem in giving say £12 for the year, or more even, I mean what's that the price or 3 PS2 Mags... I read this forum more than i do them, I think every one here would be whilling to front a bit of pocket money to this forum, as long as it remains healthy)

2. A new layout...

When a Member first joins and their REP is Zero all the see is these area's:-

Welcome
-Rules & FAQ
-Annoucments & Suggestions
-Introductions
-Goodbyes & Holidays
-New Members debate & Spam

Requests
-Help in RPG Maker XP and 2003
-Sprites and Battlers
-Scripts & Events
-Music & Sound Effects
-Titles & Game Overs
-Backgrounds & Tile sets
-Icons & Windowskins
-Tutorials

Completed
-Help in RPG Maker XP and 2003
-Sprites and Battlers
-Scripts & Events
-Music & Sound Effects
-Titles & Game Overs
-Backgrounds & Tile sets
-Icons & Windowskins
-Tutorials

Projects
-Team building & Pitching of idea's
-New Projects
-Abandoned Projects
-Completed project (Game downloads)
-Reviews and Play testing

Then once your REP is above 20 you get the following area's appear, aswell as all the above, should your REP fall below 20 your back helping nOOb's LOL:-

RMRK Eaxtra
-Tradding
-Vetruns
-General Chat & Spam
-World debate (intelligent Debate)
-Fourm Games
-Computing
-Great Links and Net finds (this could inc an adults only area)

The above idea will add an easy stucture and award those that help and give an incentive to keep a good REP... (Don't let REP go into a minus figure, let it rest at Zero)

This should also help the site grown in resources and reference material... with many people helping each other it may just pump some life back into this forum.

3. Keep on making your PHP changes Silver, they kick butt... Love the REP system... like the buddy adding and comments, all good... Hated the Pink WEB version...

4. Let members add their own Paypal buttons to their profiles so if people want to give them cash for making stuff like music, or graphics... What-ever they can... Mods for Modding well, Tutorial writters for good help... For those extra times +1 REP just aint enough... Like when you Silver gave me free WEB space...

5. Profile links to MySpace and You Tube.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 12:17:35 AM by landofshadows »

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
There has already been two mistakes due to the name of the Game maker projects/games section. Its the same as the rm section.

halo had made a miss move, and a person posted a RM game topic in there. i suppose a name change to maybe "GM Projects" or something would be nice.  :lol: