RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Script Request for charcater selection upon starting.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Hello,  Pardon me if this is a much requested thing, But I scanned the forum topics and didn't see it.
I'm looking for a way that on starting a new game you can immediatly choose which character from numerous ( about 10 )you wish.

Thank you for your time,
Kit

Rep:
Level 90
You don't need a script for that.

Use switches and events instead!
Though it'll take some time and be quite tough.

So good luck!
Going on a vacation...(To FLORIDA!!!)
Will be away the three closest weeks...

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I don't see why it would be quite tough.
I would only mean a lot of work if you want events later in the game to do different action depending on which character you've selected.

I would use a variable (instead of about 10 switches) and you could set the variable according to the chosen character. So you would only have to measure that one variable.
Then change the hero graphic to the chosen one's.

If the only difference is the appearance of the hero you don't need the variable.