RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Event collision... [RESOLVED]

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I beat Twilight Princess faster than you
Hi everyone.

So I have a cave map and inside there's a boulder that can be pushed around. Also in the cave is a switch graphic (I don't mean switch as in on/off, I mean switch as in a graphic like a hole in the ground/lever/panel). How do I make it so that when the boulder is on the switch something happens?

I've turned phasing/through on for the switch graphic so that the boulder can roll onto it, but then the "On Event Touch" trigger doesn't activate.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 09:58:53 AM by Arkhan »
Current Project ~ Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG
Just as a note, I fully understand variables and switches, so there's no need to treat me like a noob :D

Rep:
Level 88
Just put an event in front of the switch when the hero touches it the switch will activate
that would be the easiest way to do it.. if I'm picturing what you asked correctly.
if you want I can explain a different way aswell.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
OK, this is kind of hard if your bad with variable and the like but, here it is.

Ok we will need
-basic knowledge of variables
-variable 1 (V1)
-variable 1 (V1)
-A boulder event ( B )
You make an even of a boulder, when moved from the left add a point to V1 and when moved from the right subtract a point from V1. That means if you push it from the left, it moves to the right.

Push > ( B ) move >

And this the the +-V thing.
< -1 ( B ) +1 >
Ok now make is so when you are pushing it from the bottom you -1 to V2 and from the top you add on.

^
( B )
+1
v
Now make a parallel process that has the requirement of the V1 and V2 to be at certain numbers.

[.[][][][][][]
[][][][*[][][]
[][][][][][][]

ok say this is how it is set up. The [. would be the boulder and the [* the switch the player would need to push it right 3 and down 1, so it would be at ( 3, 1) you would set an event to go off at V1-3 and V2-1.
(remember, I’m a doctor, I know what I’m doing...)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 09:37:06 PM by Dr_Eden »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

To Chuck Norris' Bitch:

Ah, good idea! I totally understand it except one part: How do you control variables based on which direction the player pushes it?
Just as a note, I fully understand variables and switches, so there's no need to treat me like a noob :D

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
X( ...
sorry forgot that.
OK, how you do it is make the event have a parallel process that checks which way the player is looking.

Conditional branch-> page 3-> sprite (player) direction. 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Okay, thanks all. [Resolved]