RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Team Relics Wants You!

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Okay so Im completely new to RMXP im jus learning my way around it in fact. Ive had an idea for quite some time now for a game, which was originally going to be called Gembreeders, but the working title now is Relics. Humans share the world with ancient creatures called Relics. Relics were discovered several hundred years before, in ancient artifacts encrypted with DNA. There's an elite class of people known as Beast Tamers who train Relics to fight, both for tournaments and wars. So you start out as an Apprentice, a son of a legendary Beast Tamer. Becoming the world's greatest tamer is your ultimate goal, and you must travel across the world, recruiting Relics to train and fight and overcoming difficult obstacles. The story isn't really filled in, but I was never much of a writer anyways. Anywho, I would love to make this idea into a real game, but I'd need dedicated people to join my team. I need just about everything but Ill list it here:
-Spriter (for charsets and maybe tilests, although those won't be required)
-Writers
-Mapmaker (I can help with some)
-Scripter (I can learn how but it'd be easier to have someone who's already familiar with it)
-Artists (I can be one, others would help greatly)
I would be doing the music if I decide to go with an original score, doing some of the artowrk and just about all of the concept work, and jus telling everyone the basics of the world of Relics. I hope I can find some who would be interested in this, I think it could be a fun game. Oh and I'm definitely open to ideas and suggestions, this concept really needs to be filled out, I just have alot of basic ideas for it.

And here's a drawing I just threw together (It was a quickie, made for this thread) it's one of the main Relics of the game, it's name is Zeo and its the first one Ive ever made (first made like 6 years ago haha)

Is there a reason nobody has even replied to this yet?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
take a look at this section, many topics are left empty. the ones that aren't are the ones that show progress/ game already being started.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
I'll be a writer. ;D
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Cool do you have any examples or anything?

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
I can maybe I help Map/Write

And yeah what Nouman wrote is true. Trust me I know from expierince.

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
Sure, here is one:

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,12542.0.html

I'm gonna make that one a game eventually too.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Okay so what we have so far is 3 writers, and someone to help with mapping.  Im also working on someone doing original character sets, and someone else who might possibly do some animated battlers.  Having a scripter would be nice, but I could manage without one.  So basically we need to work on the plot, that way I can get the intro started and work on the framework of the story. 

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
I've finished four possible plot twists. If you'd like them just ask.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF