RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
dating simulatorish system

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Ok in my game thers is a sort of dating simulator where in certain areas You can hit on the female party members. You do this to show you care and depending on the out come will afect there performance in battle. So if it goes bad, damage, stats and spell efects are cut in half, if its good it will stay normal and if it goes REALLY good it increases 50%. if this is posible too make or even make sumthing similar then that would be awesome. Also if posible to display a small Heart Icon by the femal characters craked for bad, red for good and kinda of bulging red and shiny for REALLY good. thanx to anyone who can take the time to do this for me I would REALLY Apreiciate it
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella
Check out my website for details about my upcoming game

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
answer to all YES, wouldn't be hard for someone good with eventing, might take long for someone new to it. im busy at the moment (editing) and will be busy tomorrow, but if this is still open by Sunday i will attempt to make you a demo for this.

anyways anyone helping now:

set it up using a variable and a common event. that should do the trick. also make lots of messages and option choices that would up, lower the variable....the variable should be called *happiness* or whatever, and in the common event set up its stats to lower/ raise when the variable is high/ low/
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

YAY! well thast good to here, well I'm new to events and whatnot, until recently I've done nothing but sprite so...I'll wait till you or someone else can do it haha
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella

I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Wait, so do you want their performance in battle based solely on the romantic conversation preceding, or do you want it accumulative, so that it's like a point system - if goes well +1, if goes poorly -1. Which are you looking for, and where do you want the heart to show up? Menu Screen, Status Screen, Battle?

Hmm...I never really thought of that, acualy accumulative might be a good idea that way it wil force the player to pay more attention to the characters, only probvolem I see is if they get to know em to well the caracters may get TO good haha. and the heart is displayed just in the menue screen unless status are would make more sense/be easyer.
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella

I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
if this request dosnt get filled, I will work on it Friday/ Saturday and make a demo.

ok thanx  :D
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
can you supply the heart images please?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Just a note...Don't bump. Your thread isn't going to move any. It's not a very populated forum.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
wtf? wrong this is a pretty big forum.

anyways if you can supply the heart images I can get this done by tommorow or maybe tonight! I already started and am pretty far ahead.

also a mod should move this to tut database since I am using events to help.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
ok heres what I got so far not done actually i never really even tested it...anyways the smiles are a substitute for your heart images but you need to upload them and put them here for me to put into the demo...hope you like

oh thankyou! I'm downloading it now ^^
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 03:16:28 AM by Ayden »
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no problem, tell me how it goes.

Oh whoa thats cool! but will it affect her battle performance?
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
ROFL I forgot to add that part HAHAHA sure Ill change it.

haha okedoke
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
wait...but that chick wasnt ment to be in the party...or is she supposed to? lol

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
well here you go.

test it out by pressing esc before you talk to here and check here health, then say something nice and check it again I made it so her health and strength go up

downloading... and it it posible to cut/boost all stats cause not all characters rely on str! thx for doing this btw it helps so much cause its a major part in my game ^^
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yes its possible, open database in the demo and click common event, you should see how I set it up and see the change parameters, just double click under them and make your own new ones. If you cant get this to work yourself I will do it.

awesome thank you soo much! and can u display the picture in the menue screen by the charactres or no?
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
ouch.

thats where you are going to need a scripter. I cant script so I thought showing the face would help...I can make it so whenever you talk to the girl is the only time the smiley will show.

haha ok Ill see if mac can help me with that part. ^^
I'LL EAT YOUR BABYS!!!

Copella

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
you could just make a bunch of face sets and have an angry face, happy face, and so on, and you change it to the correct one depending on the mood.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ahh... Every map I download here, I can't look into the map... Can anyone help me with that? I want to see the events in this thing...

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I evented it fairly simple. can you explain more what your problem is?

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
I don't know if anyone else needs help with this problem, but I will put in my input.

First I'd like to thank Ayden for getting me thinking about this kinda thing.

also a question for :) ...... I was wondering how you set up your event process?

Now for my 2 cents.

I was think that  you could create a var. that was named (XXXX) Romance_lvl.

(XXXX) being the characters name you'd like to woo. Female/male.

You can then have the variable be between the numbers 1 - 200. 100 being the middle point where the char_(XXXX) is in love with your main.

A idea I had was to have a obsession range. This, instead of boost stats it would create the relationship as a distraction rather than a benefit, such as you could set char_(XXXX) hit percentage lower so that they miss more.

This could be achevied by making the var. Range between 101 - 200 be the range.

Now that the var. is made you could, in the events you want, create it so it adds to the var. a X amount of Rp (romance points) depending on the choice.

I don't know if that helps any, but its just a thought.