RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Using an item to transform sprite? Need help

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Does anyone know how to use an item to transform your sprite once equip? I've been serching this part of the forums but I just cant find it, any help would be great.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Yes that transformation worked, but I'm trying to use an item to trigger it now. That way I can untransform as well as transform. Also it fits better with the story line when I use an item. I am greatfull you helped me with the other way of transforming, and I'll be also using that in my RPG. I plan to use both.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 01:22:00 AM by Spartan »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
whats the iteam name? I can set this up easy/

Its just an armor Id like to use.Let me get the picture real fast.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
wait...so its not an item XD
and all you need is to transform back by pressing the same button correct?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Use a common event.

This time I'm not using the button to transform, Id like to trigger it by equip In the menu. Sorry I keep modifying the post with further info, Im not good at getting it all out at one time.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Conditional Branch
*Item* is equpted.

Conditional Branch
*Item* is equpted.
Can you show me a pic of what I need to do? I'm not sure how it works exactly.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
K ALMOST DONE. ILL UPLOAD IT IN A BIT

K ALMOST DONE. ILL UPLOAD IT IN A BIT
Ok thank you Nouman, remember I'd like to transform by equiping the body armor, and untransform when its unequip.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
sorry for caps, check and make sure this is everything you need. because Im bored...and I can fix it  ;8
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 01:55:10 AM by Nouman »

Lol you can kick me in the balls and call me mary, I love you man. This demo is exactly what I need in my game.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
damit! now Im still bored XD

there has to be something you need help with eventing?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
what demo? I dont know of a demo?

Oh sorry I meant project 4, also can you help me get that into my RPG?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
what demo? I dont know of a demo?

lol I ment look I already deleted it   ;8

and sure upload it somehow, and send it to me.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
ya, send it over I will do it for you.

just click additional optcions when you click reply its under the box on the left, and upload it (make it in a zip folder) and ill put it in for you/send it back to you.

and you can delete the upload after I say I got it, and when I send it back I'll do the same

Damn its not uploading, It says its not the right file type or something. Do I someho compress it first?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yes...

winrar

its a program name
google it should be a free trial.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
XD compress the whole folder

Damn it was downloaded 3 times lol, oh well its not even done yet

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
you can deleat it.

Let me know how you like the maps I worked hard on it, Its basicly a blank game now so someone might try to use it as their own, but that just means it was worthy of using lol.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
lol, no that was me that accidently got it twice =]
also mapping is good indoors, but tooo much free space out doors. I walked for miles with just grass and a path. also all in doors are just square, try making angles/ If you want (actaully It would help me) I can send you via pm my demo..just 2 mins long and you can see good eventing/ one good map
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 02:33:23 AM by Nouman »

Ok go ahead delete it.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
does it work?

Hey you still there?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
ya im here.

It was the demo you made that showed the transformation, upload it again if you still have it.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
wait why? I put it in your game

You sent the wrong one, it was the first one when you was showing me in the demo you made project4. Send project11 if you still have it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 03:19:27 AM by Spartan »

You still there?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
sooo sorry to waste your time, I accidently zipped up and uplaoded the wrong one, then went to dinner right now.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 03:45:19 AM by Nouman »

Ok I got it, dont worry about it man, I'm afried I'm wasting your time lol. I really do thank you for this. Noone else will step up I'm afried you're all I have.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no way man. I love eventing! its fun now that I understand it  ;8

It just started me off as the dragon, where did you put the armor?

Oh wait I'm sorry I have it.

Omg dude this is sweet, I'm serously crying right now. This game is going to be the best ever!!! and I owe it all to you. I was joking about the crying thing, but this game will be so good.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no problem...but I think you need to do something about your idea.

what are the benefits of transforming? and if there are any..why wouldn't we just leave it on?

Just one more question, how do I get into the RPG Maker lol.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
what do you mean? lol you were playing demo? dont click the orange one click the white game icon

also answer this

what are the benefits of transforming? and if there are any..why wouldn't we just leave it on?

You will see once I'm done with the game it wont be too much longer now. If its ok I'd like you to be the first to try it out see how you like it. I was planing on doing something to make him faster like a bike like the one thats on pokemon to cover the distance of the map, but there will be alot of fighting. Can I change the name of the armor and settings on it? Also is there a way to still transform into the dragon?

But if I cant get a bike or horse I'll just use a transformation if its possible, like make the dragon faster.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yes all three are possible.

tell me how you would like to do the dragon one? also we can have it so when armor is on stats get raised.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
wait...so do you want to turn into the armor version? then dragon? or no more putting on armor just straight to dragon?

Give me some time to think out the mobility part, I dont want to stay as the dragon I want it to be on only on command, but still stay as graphic dragon in battle.

Well my plan is to keep this transformation but still be able to turn into a dragon, maybe with an item like a made up one. Like dragon potion or something.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
dude dont worry, I can set it up so after you turn into the armor guy when you press shift you transform.

Or like the dragon sword and it will be in a chest next to it, and as the dragon it will be all offence and speed, and as the armor it will be all defence and store bought offence. But I know it can be only one transfotrmation at a time.

Oh damn theres a problem when I try to open it, it says "Project could not read because incompatibility between software versions".

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I hate that probelm..many people have It I forget solution

anyways why not have it so the armor version is jsut the guy with the suit of dragon armor on, then he can transform/

Yea thats good, Thats how how would like it. Can you put the dragon sword in the church basement to?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
whats the sword for? I need to know what he needs to equip in order to transform.

I was thinking insted of shift, he can just use a sword to transform. So that way he can turn back on command.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
ok how bout only when your in armor mode, you can holld the sword, so first you need to put on armor, then equip sword and NOW your dragon

I was thinking like he could transform as the cilivlian to, or he could still at least hold it because he wont always have his armor on.

Oh wait I like your idea better.

But then I would have to explain how it works some how.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
make it in the cutsceen add some crap to explain it. also..I like the idea of only being able to trasform into dragon for like 1 min or something. and then you can change back after a min...or whatever you want.

Yes I like that Idea, I like that idea alot.

Can we also change civilian sprite? To like a farmer with a hat on or some type of farmer.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
cool =] well I'm going to have to set this up later tomorrows dude to school. but I will try my HARDEST to get it perfect so if you want anything changed, you have like a whole day to think.

Ok cool, thanks for the help, its getting pretty late here to I'm going to work on the maps some more and try to open this game with the RPG Maker. Good luck with school, I'll talk with you later.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I actaully started it  ;D hell it fun too work with this idea.
so far soo good. except cant get timer to start XD

Lol great! But I dont want you to be tired tommorow. Have you ever seen this type of RPG? Once I'm done with it completly done with it, it will be something very special. I'm hoping to get a better rep and more people to work with like more respect, threw making the best game that I can.

Well putting together a game I mean. Without you my game would be crap! lol.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
everything is looking up got timer started. will finish it rommowo

Ok good night. I'm probley going to bed too it's pretty late. Good luck in school tommorow bro.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
DONE got it working..will uplaod tommorow after few bug fixes

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
YAY im soo happy lol got the part of transforming and un done!

I need to know now what stats you want raised, and how long to stay in dragon form/ how long till you can get back in it

Oh sorry I'm late. I was thinking not too power full Like armor will be iron. I'm not really sure because if the armor is too strong and the dragons offence is too good, then there will be no need to buy good armor or weapons.

Ok I'm thinking the dragon timer will be like 15 seconds he can be transformed and like a minute before he can do it again.

Ok the armor will be steal, the dragon will be only slightly stronger but ment mainly for traval, so set the dragons offence slightly stronger then bronze, and the timer 30 seconds transformed, 1 minute until he can transform again.

Wait I decided the armor will be iron, and the dragons defence will be very very low, and the dragons offence will be mithril. Dragon transformation time will be a minute, time until he is able to transform again will be 30 seconds. The extremly low defence of the dragon will balance out his high powered attack. We will keep the level of the player at 1.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 06:47:21 AM by Spartan »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
alright will do.

Hey can you do all the re editing with the postality knights edition? I'm just asking because in this topic http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,11986.0.html it says its the only way I can upload it into my RPG Maker. If I cant upload the game into my RPG Maker then its basicly pointless right? Let me know what you think bro.

Also I have started on a new map, I might have to resend you the project to get that in too.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Hey can you do all the re editing with the postality knights edition? I'm just asking because in this topic http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,11986.0.html it says its the only way I can upload it into my RPG Maker. If I cant upload the game into my RPG Maker then its basicly pointless right? Let me know what you think bro.

I dont think so. I have the legal version, so maybe someone here can convert it all for ya?

Yea a guy offered to but thats more people envolved, give me a second to think this one over.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
alright, well I cant switch to pK so if you want me to do it, its a good idea to say yes too him. ALso he is a trusted member, believe me he's working on a project with me.

Yea I'm just asking him now, he's online so we will see what he says.

Other than that how'd it turn out? What do you think of the transformations. I'll just remake the map I was working on this morning I wasnt even halfway done. I have all new worlds I'm opening up. Also can you put the player on like level 10? That way he will be a veterain to fit in better with the story line.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
im not done with the system. I want it be perfect. I just got the timer done right, and the un-transform done right.

Thats good to hear, this transformation will be wicked awesome.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
DONE at least I hope so. added you a script also..you will like it. also here is how it works:
you transom/stay for a min/ then un transform but you cant see the item in your menu. the reason is make up some shitty story about the sword needing to re-charge...anyways then in 30 seconds. a message pops up SWORD RECHARGED and its back in the menu so you can equip it again  ;D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 12:19:27 AM by Nouman »

Ok I got it, I'm just downloading now.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
done? so I can delete it?

Yep, but I was wondering can we make a few minor adjustments?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Yep, but I was wondering can we make a few minor adjustments?

sure I'll anything

I was wondering if you could replace it in the church basement. Also is it possible to make the dragon a bit faster?

Like put it against the right side of the wall on the church basement where those purple pots are.

Lets make the dragon as fast as possible.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yes to the first one...but I'll ATTEMPT the second one...

Ok because the dragon is meant to be super fast to cover the distance of the big village faster than the normal guy on foot, as well as mithril offence and a weak defence.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
done. just gota fix it and move the chests now.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
done all of it  ;8

still need some changes, ask.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 12:38:58 AM by Nouman »

Ok I got it.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
If  I make it so he can use it in his normal form it will automatically, no matter if his armor is equipped change his spirit back to normal kid..and I cant make the iteam re-appear...wait a bit and you will see, re-play what I made for you and wait after you are back to armor form you will see...

Its good I just would like the two chests in different spots, like one chest(armor) in the farm house, the other chest(sword) in the church basement, and he can only use it with the armor, if its ok I'd like for it to be able to equip/transform with/without armor. Other than that its perfect except the guy gets slightly slower after he used it up.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
he gets slower?
I didnt notice that. anywyas these edits will have to wait till homework is done XD sorry for the wait.

No problem bro, we just have to make sure we put the two chest in different spots, the armor is his from his old days of fighting thats why its in his farm house, but the sword is new tech optained by the church and has nothing to do with the armor, so we should make it have no connection whats so ever with the armor.

Great work though it's coming along perfect, I love the timer. Oh did you make sure the dragons offence in battle is strong and his defence is extremly weak? This can all wait I just thought I'd bring it up next time you check it out.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 01:15:58 AM by Spartan »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
the offense and defense should be working already.

Ok cool, I just dint know, we have to have it perfect when we transfer it. You know what I'm saying about keeping the armor and sword being in diffrent spots and having no connection? It was just for the story line or whatever. Great work though, I'm going out to eat I'll be back in an hour or so.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 06:00:45 PM by Spartan »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
here MAKE SURE ITS ALL WORKING..I dont want to screw this up  ;8
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 11:09:15 PM by Nouman »

Ok it works, can you delete it. I normaly get on threw the crankeye website but it was down for like 4 days it seemed like and I couldnt get on the forums. Great job, I'm going to try to get our friend to convert it for me, and I'll get to work on it right away. I have some good things planed out I'm just itching to put into it.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no problem  :D

Hey man hows it going, I managed to get it working on my RPG Maker myself. Looks like you put alot of work into that common event, it works great!! We still have a problem though, I made a enemy and I went to fight him, but the battle graphics dont show up on the armor or the sword. I was wondering if we could put the dragon battle graphic, and the warrior graphic up?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
its going great, and try this>
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 12:18:07 AM by Nouman »

Ok I got it, you can delete it.

:D You still left out the battle graphics, try putting an enemy in there and battle him with the armor, or sword. Theres no battle graphic.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
are you sure? I think I added it in.

Yea I'm sure, make an enemy event and try it out.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 01:37:03 AM by Spartan »

Hey you still there?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
ya but Im tied up right now.

Ok I was just going to say, I'm off to bed so if we could finish this tommorow. I just cant keep my eyes open. Good night.

Hey man, you busy now?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yea, but free tomorrow morning.
so just tell me what you need now, and when I wake up Ill go straight to it.
(im editing stuff right now)

Cool man, I upgraded my game and I was wondering if you know how to make it so I can buy/sell and ride a horse. If you would like I can send you my new version and you can take a look at it and see the flaws and help me out with the flaws and the horse thing.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yea I can set this up tomorrow, just make the map and the stable/ whatever, have the horse and everything and write exactly what you want to happen. also since I will do this tomorrow, use www.megaupload.com and send me the link to your game via pm.

Ok thank you bro, I just have to make a few touch ups to it then I'll send it and we can work on it tommorow. I'm not too sure about how to make the horses, but I'll figure it out. We can work on this tommorow and I'll send my game in about 5/10 minutes.

Hey, I'm not sure how to use the link you send me, I ziped up the folder and put it in threw browse... but how do I send it to you? Do I do anything special or do I just  "I accept" and send?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
dont put anythind in the boxes except the description, then click accept and a loadeing bar will load then it will give you a link after its done on the right side, copy and paste it.

Ok its loading now, let me know your thoughts on the game but remember I'm still making adjustments to it but basicly the fighting will begin in the north village, the hero will head up north to help defend the village and some others will join the party that sort of thing.

Oh and the stables are up north, if possible he can buy a horse to cover the distance of the map. Also when you start on it tommorow can you add the hero graphics for the transformation? Here is the link, I'm hoping this is it.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 06:09:34 AM by Spartan »

With the horse feature I was hoping to have like the pokemon character on the bike effect. What I was trying to say about the transformation thing is we need to do a little more work on it.

I'll talk with you tommorow man, good luck with your project also. Good night.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
alright lay everything down now, so I can do it tomorrow in one swing.

"say about the transformation thing is we need to do a little more work on it."

what needs fixing? just the battlers right?

also the horse will move fast right?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Hey, I have no new pm's ?

Hey good morning, sorry I thought you got it already but I'll just send it threw here.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 03:14:18 PM by Spartan »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
alright now specifically tell me what you want to happen, and what you want fixed.

Ok first, I put in an enemy hell hound enemy go and fight him. Then you'll see we must add the battle graphics for the transformation armor and sword.

Also read the post from last night.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I dont see a enemy hell hound, and I dont see your horse/

Ok the enemy hell hound is in between the hospital and church.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
your stable is in door..so Im just going to put the horse outside. also whats the point of a horse when you can transform into a dragon?

and what would you like to happen? press A to get on horse, Press A to get off? also when you get off do you have the horse next to you? or does it just stay there?

Its under the hospital and church but right between them and above the farm house. I'm using the hell hound for testing out our battle system. I have not added the horse yet, but I'd like to be able to ride one if thats possible.

With the dragon I'd like to change it up if we can put a horse in, Id like the dragon to be slower.

Ok with the horse Id like it to be like the pokemon hero on the bike effect. What I mean by that is how the main character in pokemon uses his bike insted of a bike shop we'll use horses and horse stabes.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 03:27:26 PM by Spartan »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
alright, battler problem is fixed.
now working on horse.

To be honest this horse thing I'm thinking will be alot of work, but Id like to make the stables like the bike shop, only with horses.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
make sure its how you want it.
go get on horse press enter after you buy it from the man, then press C to get off, and C to get back on.

I don't know if you wanted it so when your a dragon you can't ride horse so right now you can ride horse as a dragon but you dont look like a dragon on a horse.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 03:59:47 PM by Nouman »

Ok I got it, you can delete it.

Wow thats real good!! As the dragon I would not like him to be able to get on the horse lol. This is really good, lets so down the dragon now sence we have the horse.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I did, the dragon is slower already in your demo.

but here it is fixed, now dragon cant ride.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 04:09:29 PM by Nouman »

Ok I got it you can delete it, but when he rides the horse he gets suited up automaticly, can we fix it so he can only suit up with the armor in the chest?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I dont get it..anyways I cant do anything about it. He will turn into the suited man riding horse no matter what, unless in dragon form. thats the problem here. you are going to need a custom chatacter set with your character riding a horse.

I used this:

Oh I see, then can we make it so only when he pulls the armor out of the chest and has it on, only then he can ride the horse?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
sure, let me work on it.

Can we make this guy the horse dealer? Lets also set up the new price to about 160,000. Lets put the horse guy inside and make like 2 more horses.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 04:23:38 PM by Spartan »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
here you go:

« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 04:44:15 PM by Nouman »

We need a new action key for the horse, make it like... the button "h".

Cool this is great! Lets just set up that action button, and a few more horses and if possible can we put the guy inside? put him behind a desk or something if you can. I think that will be it for today, I will get to work on the enemy invasion. Oh yea and lets delete the project to.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 04:37:31 PM by Spartan »

Wait dont worry about the guy being inside sorry about that. Not at this time anyway.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 04:51:42 PM by Spartan »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
ok, so switch button? and wait why more horses and stables?

Hey its ok how it is, if its ok can we continue this later on? You did a great job, I'll be back later on today.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yea sure...if you need something right now you can ask..im not busy