RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Your Opinion

Rep:
Level 89
I was thinking to myself one day to make my own Gaming Website.

As you all know Violence in Video games seems to be a big problam (for some people). Now people wont to do re-calls on some games, sue companies like SOny & Rockstar cause their brother or other was killed by some guy who played video games...

Well I thought of this idea to make a website thats kinda like the ESRB, but mine would be called: GRS (Game Rating System). I have thought this out a lot even came up with a rating system.

Note: My website and rating are nothing like the ESRB ratings.

Cause I thought to myself is their a website I can go to and view what games are rated..........etc. Its kinda hard to explain.....

I'll try again:

My site/company GRS would rate games on what type of violence is in them (it would not say like what age should play it). It would be a place you could go to (parents etc) look up a game like Grand Theft Auto III and see what we rate it violence wise.

Example:

Grand Theft Auto III

ESRB Rating: M (mature)
GRS Rating: Level 8
Conatians: blood, the ability to kill any one you see, the ability to steal any car/vehicle you see, a form of drug use, hit & run, etc.

Something kinda like that only with more info. It would not be a site saying these games are bad. But a place that would give advice to parents, stores, even the companies on how to control it.....if that the right word to use.

=====================================================

In short the site would tell you the ESRB rating....we would rate it on its violent content. Talk about it...etc, etc.

I hope i did not confuse anyone...

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
It makes sense to me. It's a good idea, I suppose. The worst that could happen is that no one will visit the site, so why not? lol. But really though, it will probably be pretty helpful, so I'd say go for it.

Stupid parents blaming everything on video games.  :roll:
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 91
so a lvl 1 game is like pac man and a lvl 10 game is like manhunt (oh that game was so cool) i like it, but will it be just you doing the rating i think you may need like 5+ to vote

Rep:
Level 89
Oh no I plan on getting other people who want to do it. My rule would be they have to play other games as while not just GTA 24/7

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
so are you trying to say we shouldn't play BLOODY games?
You know the ones with a lot of blood in it.
Arlen is hot.

Yes that would be a good idea.
But you fail to forget that it is a LAW that parents must buy games that are rated "M".

So they will be notified that the game contains intense violence and gore, sexual themes, drug usage, etc.
But they still buy it anyways. That is the most likely reason why GTA series hasn't been banned in N.A. because it's the parents fault, not the Makers, Publishers, ESRB. Just the parents.

So basically either way it wouldn't make up much difference. But I suppose it will make some difference because it'll explain what's in the game. :D

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: Nightwolf

no i never said that......

Rep:
Level 91
It's a good idea to have a 1-10 rating of maturity. But go into more detail. I want to see the system evenly layout what games go in what catagories. I mean, it's easy to say GTA has a high score, but exactly how high, and what about games that should get 4-6? You need to clear up those sort of questions before I would take the rating seriously.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Quote from: Jack Sparrow
Quote from: Nightwolf

no i never said that......

GOOD!
cuzi have a LOT OF BLOODY GAMES!
ike max payne, unreal tournament 2004.OH they're just bloody in seeing!
Games rated M are sometimes Ok, but the ones like A+ may contain..scenes
Like-GTA SAN ANDREAS, Unreal tournament.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 91
well i think first person shooters sux so badly that i wouldn't touch em if you'd pay me.
i only like rpgs and when it comes to bloody it's not the best around, what i do like are characters that are builded well and suddenly kill a hero or change sides though i'd really want that whole "oo we are friends blablabla save the world" bullshit to stop ><
it can ruin games, movies, you name it.

i guess what i hate most about shooters is the lack of story, and fi they have a story it's stupid.
take half life 2.. "oh look at me i am a big woop lab nerd and i got a gravity gun now you are all dead"
i mean come on..
you walk an entire game in 1 line, the whole story was told when you started and they end a "and they all lived happily cause you are the only one alive" at the end
not to mention thinking is not needed "walk in 1 line, reach the end in a day but omg don't forget to collect the health and armor boosters which magicly revive you and none of the bad guys ever walk with, cause they never heard about those magical heals"
and let's not forget the "no i ain't helping you they are shooting and they will kill me soon so why would i help you.. it's not like i won't die anyways .. oh well i guess i just think you are too ugly to join"

and blood is just a cheap way to sell games

i mean look at gta, people might bleed a little, not very noticable though seeing as the entire street just blew up
thinking about it the only game that can't be ruined cause of cheats is gta, take a little time off the missions, save your game and then put some cheats and just kill everything , soooo fun, and then when you are done killing stuff cause they forgot to let you win the mission you can load and do the mission again and the game won't be ruined ^<
gta is a true masterpiece, only an idiot will try doing anything there in the real life, it's just a great game that gives you the freedom to do anything at any time a 10/10 no doubt.
and beside if you are angry and you know it play gta, gta!
if you are angry and you know it and you really wanna throw it, kill some cops, blow them up, kill some cops.

i think rating is useless..
why? cause most games sux anyway
anyone stupid enough to try doing anything inside a game should be killed, just for the fun of it.

and beside, shouldn't sonic games be rated 10? they encourage people to run like crazy so that they can destroy robots made by defensless old people
holy shit my sig was big!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Quote from: blueXx
well i think first person shooters sux so badly that i wouldn't touch em if you'd pay me.
i only like rpgs and when it comes to bloody it's not the best around, what i do like are characters that are builded well and suddenly kill a hero or change sides though i'd really want that whole "oo we are friends blablabla save the world" bullshit to stop ><
it can ruin games, movies, you name it.

i guess what i hate most about shooters is the lack of story, and fi they have a story it's stupid.
take half life 2.. "oh look at me i am a big woop lab nerd and i got a gravity gun now you are all dead"
i mean come on..
you walk an entire game in 1 line, the whole story was told when you started and they end a "and they all lived happily cause you are the only one alive"
at the end
not to mention thinking is not needed "walk in 1 line, reach the end in a day but omg don't forget to collect the health and armor boosters which magicly revive you and none of the bad guys ever walk with, cause they never heard about those magical heals"
and let's not forget the "no i ain't helping you they are shooting and they will kill me soon so why would i help you.. it's not like i won't die anyways .. oh well i guess i just think you are too ugly to join"

and blood is just a cheap way to sell games

i mean look at gta, people might bleed a little, not very noticable though seeing as the entire street just blew up
thinking about it the only game that can't be ruined cause of cheats is gta, take a little time off the missions, save your game and then put some cheats and just kill everything , soooo fun, and then when you are done killing stuff cause they forgot to let you win the mission you can load and do the mission again and the game won't be ruined ^<
gta is a true masterpiece, only an idiot will try doing anything there in the real life, it's just a great game that gives you the freedom to do anything at any time a 10/10 no doubt.
and beside if you are angry and you know it play gta, gta!
if you are angry and you know it and you really wanna throw it, kill some cops, blow them up, kill some cops.

i think rating is useless..
why? cause most games sux anyway
anyone stupid enough to try doing anything inside a game should be killed, just for the fun of it.

and beside, shouldn't sonic games be rated 10? they encourage people to run like crazy so that they can destroy robots made by defensless old people

Well, Max Payne is 3rd person, ad Unreal tournament can be third person if you want!Shouldn't this be in the videogame/entertainment sectioN?
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 91
-.-
1st and 3rd person shooters are the same junk..
junk junk junk -.-

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
y u call fps junk =(

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 91
what's junk for me is a treasure for you.
for me fps are junk, for you mmorpgs that look very cartoonish are junk
hell there are even people that like that lame dance pad and horrible music games -.-

i am calling fps junk, cause for me that's the junk.

Rep:
Level 91
Considering that you have said that you never play FPS's of 3rd person shooters either, I don't think your opinion is very valid. Including your view of the storylines, which you did very well in summing up in 1 line, BTW :roll: .

Rep:
Level 91
i had to play, i just don't play now that i did play and saw that they smell.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Sometimes I smell.

What?

Don't look at me like that...  :(

Erm.. anyways, yeah fps are all alike really. There are very few I enjoy actually.
:tinysmile:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
BlueXx does not like FPS Games

FPS = First Person Shooter

First Person shooter = you play as somebody, you roleplay.

RPG = Role Playing Game

BlueXx likes RPGs = BlueXx likes FPSs?

!MALFUNCTION!
bringing sexy back

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
hmm..i would deffinately support this...

grand theft auto games are violent etc. but the real stories of people mudering each other because they saw it on a game really is stupid. those sorts of people are people who spend all there time obsesed with the game and sit there for hours on end just running in circles killing civillians because they done everything else in the game.

they give other gamers a bad name. In england laws on selling games to people under the age restriction have increased. covers to games are ruined because there is a hudge 18 or hudge 15 sign plastered up the front. but people still can buy them

if a storekeeper saw a kid standing behind the adult smiling or saying thank you to the adult then they should put 2 and 2 together

---------------------------------------------------------------------

your idea would mean that games can be explained before you buy them which might cause people to have some common sense

anyway ill stop rambeling

if you need any help you can ask me :) (or someone else if i cant help :))

(i do apologise if my spelling is bad, only i cant type with my left hand because i shut it in the door)

Rep:
Level 91
Quote from: Silverline
BlueXx does not like FPS Games

FPS = First Person Shooter

First Person shooter = you play as somebody, you roleplay.

RPG = Role Playing Game

BlueXx likes RPGs = BlueXx likes FPSs?

!MALFUNCTION!

in a racing game you play a driver
in a sport game you play the team manager and every player at turns
in rts you play the commander
in a blaze-made game you play the idiot who pushed the button..

you always play someone, no matter whats the part, but every game type is diffrent
i don't like the "let's shoot everyone for no reason and never be able to put any thinking into the game"
you don't need to think in a shooter you just need to be quick with the mouse -.-
and there is never any useful story... most rpgs don't have a good story either but at least in rpgs the story doesn't start when you begin the game, stops telling the story and tell the end of it when it ends..

meh.. it's diffrent.. -.-