RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Transforming your sprite. Need help.(RESOLVED)

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I'm having some troubles transforming my sprite into another.. I seen it under like "shapesifter" but I'm unable to find it again, I've searched everywhere. Can someone help me out? Like post a link or just help me from scratch here.

Thank you in advance
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 12:04:50 PM by Spartan »

You jsut go into the move event command, and change player sprite. :D

Yea but how can I make it to trigger the transformation? Can you go into a little more detail please?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
need more info. When do you want the transformation? in battle, while walking? Also what will change only his walking body, or also his stats? is this going to be needed in an action battle system?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Hello, first I would like to start off by saying I'm greatfull for your help nouman, I feel at ez knowing you're on the topic. I would like to be able to transform him while walking as a fighter sprite into a dragon sprite, and then if i run into battle, I'd like for him to still be the dragon(graphic) in battle. I would like to be able to just press a button while hes just walking around and boom, he's faster, stronger and ready to battle as a dragon. I would also like for him to be the only character in my party to do it.

Ok, well, You'd need a commen event that activates when a button is prushed (not to sure how to do that sorry)

In the common event, you just go into move event, change hero speed up a bit, and change him into a dragon sprite.

I used the commen event> move event> changed the sprint pic, still nothing. I just cant seem to make it work I've been trying for like two days now.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
first go into database and set up two actors, one with the main spirit and the normal stats, and one with the dragon spirit/ better stats, set the second one with the dragon battler, and the first one with a normal battler. (i named mine adam normal, and one adam dragon) also make sure in the last tab of the databse, in the starting characters, whatever you named his dragon version is not in the lineup...and his normal version is the first player.

lost yet? if no continue.
 try and set this up as a normal event on the map with no pic and a trigger or parelel process

in the second conditional branch, select script and paste his : Input.trigger?(Input::A)

now by defult, when seomone presses A in game you should be able to see your spirit change, and in battle character change if you set it up right.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 12:41:38 AM by Nouman »

Ok, I made the two characters, and made sure the second wasnt in the starting line up(I dint know about starting line up till this). I'm sure I can take it from here, I just need to know where did you pull up edit event? I was trying to make it work in data base>common event, I'm not sure where to pull this up at? Looks like you clicked a random box in event layer on the map, but I'm just double checking.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no script.

Go to events layer and right click with your mouse and click new event...then try it all now.

Just any random place on the map?

Sorry if I'm having trouble getting to the event layer I'm just tired it was a long day, but as soon as I find it I can take it from there with what you gave me.

I think we might be using diffrent RPG makers because on mine, you cant just right click layer event and that comes up, it brings up a layer of tiles beyond the third level, and you have the option to make new events(only on the map) and I'm not sure but I alway's used it to set up AI sprites settings.

I'm going to try again tommorow when I can think more clearly, I will make it work I'm just having a hard time with the shapeshifting. I found RPG Maker only like four day's ago and I really can't wait to put out my first RPG.

Thanks for your patience.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 02:30:51 AM by Spartan »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
here how to bring up the event layer and do what I said to do:

1. click that
2. right click will bring up that option once on event layer, click new event

then do what I said before.

I followed the directions as best as I could, This is how it look's, where did I mess up at?

Here is my characters and system. I'm still unable to transform.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 01:37:32 PM by Spartan »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
what button are you pressing in game? try pressing shift.

and the first conditional branch has to else handler.

I tryed using the A button on key board to transform, the shift button doesnt work either. What does that mean the first condition branch has to else handler? Like this?

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
Stick the second conditional branch before the "Else Handle" of the first one. What your doing atm is saying if arshes is NOT in your party you can change.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
you messed up future, change it back to this

and double click the "conditional branch script input trigger" and un check the thing at the bottom for "else". then try in game pressing shift..if this dosen't work in game click F1 and try switching your controls, if it still dosen't work, I will upload a game demo with this working in it.

Ok I Took of pic of what I changed, but I think I'm going to need the demo. I feel like I almost got it but I just can't get it.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
alright i'll start on it now.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
see the attached file, hope it works out well.

I got it, it worked! The problem was I had local switch on. I just have one more question if that's ok? I was wondering if I can use armor/weapon as a trigger to transform. Like once his armor is equip, then he transforms but when its unequiped he goes back to his normal state?

Either way this topic is resolved, thanks for your time I learned more than just how to transform. Maybe one day I'll be on here helping people lol, but one step at a time I guess, I'm still learning the basics.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yea, I can help you with the armor equipped thing. Sounds like something I can do. Would you like me to make a short demo on it?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
ok, I attached it to this post. Try first to transform using "shift" it wont work, then get the armor by going to the chest...follow the directions, and then try shift.

Im trying to keep my idea a secret until I release the RPG, but if I can PM you with the plan, then you can understand what I'm going for. You've pretty much helped me all I need, I cant ask too much from you, you've done alot already and others need your help more. My plan isnt nothing big, and probley has been done many times. I'm just going to send you a PM is that ok?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yes, no problem man! Im here to help everyone.