RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Maia 2K3 15 hours of gameplay [V4] *download it now*

Rep:
Level 90
How come Your guy touches a mirror and it turns into a flaming Hell?

Seriously, dreams are random, they are based on the characters you have in your group. The lion dream is meant for comical purposes. The stone man is meant for somewhere later in the game. Its a tease. There are NPCs that tell you about dreams. heck there is one swammi that tells you the point of each dream :-)

I've gone back through the game and added a lot more... puzzles!!! :-) In the first Governor's mansion alone I have added four more little fun things to keep interest. Three of them are required to progress in the game, one is just for the heck of it.

These puzzles are zelda like and fun. Hopefully nothing all that complex, although one really twisted my mind making it. The combination is 3, 1, 2, 4. You'll know what I mean when you see it :-)
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Quote from: maia
How come Your guy touches a mirror and it turns into a flaming Hell?

Seriously, dreams are random, they are based on the characters you have in your group. The lion dream is meant for comical purposes. The stone man is meant for somewhere later in the game. Its a tease. There are NPCs that tell you about dreams. heck there is one swammi that tells you the point of each dream :-)

I've gone back through the game and added a lot more... puzzles!!! :-) In the first Governor's mansion alone I have added four more little fun things to keep interest. Three of them are required to progress in the game, one is just for the heck of it.

These puzzles are zelda like and fun. Hopefully nothing all that complex, although one really twisted my mind making it. The combination is 3, 1, 2, 4. You'll know what I mean when you see it :-)

Well what about the tiger dream?
I jumped in the bed thinking i could get out of the prison
[SPOILER ALERT:Wont help you]
And it did nothing so i said WTF?
And i did it again and i turned into a lion

Rep:
Level 90

I can't remember the tiger dream hmmm... I will look it up. I just looked it up, and I think you're thinking of the lion. Anyway, sleeping will not help you escape from prison. Theres a pretty easy way out.

Dreams are reaccuring, but there is a trigger that will only let you have 2 dreams until you exit the building. This prevents people from jumping into bed just to see the dreams :-) Speaking of dreams, I think I will add some more.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 90
Here are some photos of the puzzles that fit nicely into one screen (well some things are off the screen, but I moved them into one screen).

Originally this cave looked much like this.

Now it has more puzzles and push stones.

The first dungeon has been reworked with a new puzzle.

Don't let this fool you. This puzzle is more complex than what it looks like.

Other puzzles are more broad, and less visual than these photos.

Quote from: maia

I can't remember the tiger dream hmmm... I will look it up. I just looked it up, and I think you're thinking of the lion. Anyway, sleeping will not help you escape from prison. Theres a pretty easy way out.

Dreams are reaccuring, but there is a trigger that will only let you have 2 dreams until you exit the building. This prevents people from jumping into bed just to see the dreams :-) Speaking of dreams, I think I will add some more.

Look i know what im talking about.I was a tiger. I had the lion dream also.The first dream was me as the stone figure going "Daddy where are you?!"Oh and don't Double Post.

Rep:
Level 91
Wow. GOod Job. It's not like you did anything that hasn't been done before. But you did it well. You set realistic goals, kept the storyline preety basic, and made a huge RPG based on side-quests. You sir, are a very good at game design. I tip my digital hat to you.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
this game is G.  finish it please!

Since you are new i will give you a tip maia..
1.Don't say "The government has just been shot you are standing over his dead body.You get thrown in jail for his murder"Make it into the storyline.
2.Dont make your entire party join you in 1 minute.

Other then that its pretty cool.

Rep:
Level 90
Mental 1: There is a tiger dream, I just cannot find it currently. Speak with the Swammi in Volkola, she will probably be able to help you.

Inaru: mmm backhanded compliments :-) I have no goals in general, its basket weaving, I just keep adding to the game. The storyline gets more complex in the way that Lord of the Rings gets more complex. You start with a simple spine of the story and branch off into other things. As for the hugeness of the game based on side quests. The main storyline so far is 60 quests long, and that is the bulk, the longest and the more challenging quests :-) So far there are only 33 side quests.

xanaxx : thanks, but did you mean Good, Gay? Great? Gruesome? :-)

Mental 2: The government wasn't shot in the back. You do get thrown in jail, and if you haven't caught what I've said on this topic for the longest time, the whole point of the first chapter is being obsolved of the crime. Oh and there are dream sequences about the murder, and there are characters that clue you in on things like Sekio, Balam, Bashem, and of course the widow.

In other words, the story unfolds as you play the game. Hence why at first there is a simple story, but as you play it gets very broad. Not to ruin anything, but it becomes about pawns, an empire, love, passions.

Technically the entire party doesn't join in the first minute, something happens to one of them. I prefer to play games, instead of read a story for 30 minutes. That's just me :-)

Remember Dragon Warrior III, and many of the Final Fantasies have you start off with 4 people. There are quite a lot more characters that join your party. Baux, Ellen, Kilmore. I guess that I can have Morgan in a different part of the mansion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for everyone's comments, I appreciate the people PMing me who have legitimately gone into the game far enough to have questions :-) Its really them at this point that I am continuing to make this game. I also have done more work on the game. I will post it later.

Rep:
Level 90
News on the game. More puzzles as you read (more than when I last posted). More side quests (involving more thought than monster killing). More play tokens added for the Pachisi board.

The dinner party is now complete. Lots of dialog and character development. I need to make buffer quests, before the dinner party, and after it, just due to the 14 day waiting period (you'll know why when you see it).

The lair of the second villain has been finalized, along with some interesting puzzles in there. The discussion with the second villain is much like a puzzle as well, only with punnishments for doing the wrong thing.

The second *major* villain of the second continent is less villainous at the present moment. After the meeting with the second villain there is a major plot twist that I am thinking about removing. Anyway, the storyline is continued.

Where the story twists and takes the player to will have new chracters, and one that escaped in the middle of the first chapter.

More creatures. More afflictions, items and so on. More things to do, such as now you can bring snake skins (python, rattler, viper) or any material to a tailor and they can make you special items :-)

I have also been fixing bugs that people that really PLAY THE GAME have been finding.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
 :-D This game is totaly 1337! I am working on a game right now too. If you need any help, PM me. I need the practice. Email the Character sheets to me though, I have a program the can enhance them so they look less. .  . . pxelated. No offence of course. The font is kind of, not good. I have demo 4 (I think) and you should make it so you dont go strait to the gov's mansion EVERY TIME you get caught. Well thats my 2 cents, thanks for making thes game deud!

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
I remember this game. Haven't used rpg maker in awhile. Still doing really well with it, as I've noticed.
I'm gonna go download the new demo! Whee!

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

Wow deud. . . . . no offence but I found a lot of errors. . . . . . Grammer, and some places I went upstairs in wouldnt let me back down, it just telleported me to the other side of the stairs. . . . . I lot a lot of progress that way. :|

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
@Mental: The double posting is ok, it's their topic and they posted something significant to validate the double post, plus it had been after the 24 hour rule. Also there is nothing wrong at all with getting the entire party right away. There are games where you get your party very early on and those are the only characters you use the entire game.

@Charlie_Kilo: No offense to you, but from your post it doesn't seem like you are one to judge on grammar and spelling. Hehe.

@maia: You should include the font patch with your game so people who don't have rm2k won't have the font problem, or those that don't have the font patch.
:tinysmile:

Well his grammer mistakes are REALY stupid. One dude says "Lanterns are much better than lanterns. . . . ." or somthing like that. And can someone PLEASE tell me where the stupid thieves guild is?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Well his grammer mistakes are REALY stupid. One dude says "Lanterns are much better than lanterns. . . . ." or somthing like that. And can someone PLEASE tell me where the stupid thieves guild is?

That's not faulty grammar. That's faulty (or wierd) logic. It could also be taken out of context. I don't know.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 06:07:35 PM by Zeriab »

Rep:
Level 90
hmmm I'm getting the itch to work on this thing to start chapter 4 of it. Yes no? Good idea bad idea?

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Ah the game was good, do continue making it..!

but u shouldve started another topic, ppl may flame ya ...for your gravedigi but i wont..
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Psh, there's no reason to start a new topic, when it was as popular as it was. Gravedigging isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be.
:tinysmile:

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
YAAAY!

So now we got only 1 reason to flame...
But i never.....i miss all the fun +>+

Im downloading demo v 4 again :)
Arlen is hot.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
I don't feel like reading 7 pages, so forgive me if some of this was said already xp

U do great mapping, and I love how u take the time to make is so you are asked before you pick up an item.  giving players lots of choices is always a plus in games.

the storyline, however, seems a bit bland.

great work for 2003.  completely blew my mapping skills out of the water.
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Rep:
Level 90
I don't feel like reading 7 pages, so forgive me if some of this was said already xp

U do great mapping, and I love how u take the time to make is so you are asked before you pick up an item.  giving players lots of choices is always a plus in games.

the storyline, however, seems a bit bland.

great work for 2003.  completely blew my mapping skills out of the water.

I wouldn't feel like reading 7 pages either. I totally forgot about how you are asked if you want to pick something up. As for the storyline seeming quite bland. Ouch. There are twists and turns over a 15 hour period, so I wouldn't call it bland quite yet.

Thank you all for your comments. The reason why I stopped it in the first place is I felt like no one was actually playing the game.

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
I didn't play through the entire game, honestly, so the plot could get better as I go along.  I'll be sure to finish it tommorow when I'm not so busy.
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Rep:
Level 90
I didn't play through the entire game, honestly, so the plot could get better as I go along.  I'll be sure to finish it tommorow when I'm not so busy.

To my knowledge no one has ever gotten to the second island. There are 3 major parts, the first continent with the first island. The second island, and finally the giant second continent. They go in that order.