RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Maia 2K3 15 hours of gameplay [V4] *download it now*

Rep:
Level 90
Quote from: thatsmypie
Ok thanks a lot!
Also I got morrowind recently and OMG it is good, OMG you theif you got the egg mine name from morrowind!!!!!!!!!!
lol :shock:

I think I pulled the name of the eggmines from my head. I just made a new egg mine for the second continent. As for egg mines, Morrowind stole that from something else. The eggs in my mind come from Ogres, the eggs in Morrowind comes from Kwamas. Either way,
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 90
I have added many locations to the second continent, caves, tunnels, the governor's mansion, dungeon, a colluseum that will be a part of the main storyline, and various other locations. I have extended / padded the main story line to get more quests out of it.

Some of the maps are turning out good. I did not want to make the maps of the first continent that complex, because the further a person goes into the game, the greater the maps / dungeons / caves and tunnels should be, otherwise it would be a lot of the same, and it would start becoming unappealing.

I am almost done with the first land mass, and then I will move on to the other smaller land masses around the main one. Here are some screen shots from the second continent:

community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 90
It has been a while since the last update (or even since someone posted). I have furthered the main storyline. Taking the player through some small quests, and into competition in the collisseum! The player must go through a 16 team tournament, to go further in the storyline, and then from there, it goes into the real start of chapter 2.

There are new maps to go along with the storyline as it continues, there is also a reaccuring character and a new one that is the main villain of the second chapter (well there are 2 main villains, this is just the first).

When creating the den of the first main villain, I leveled the enemies. In other words, when your levels go up, the enemies attacks get more interesting. Lets just take a tarantula for instance, normally, just poisons and attacks. Now as the player's levels go up, it attacks with paralyzing darts, because seriously some tarantulas can throw their fangs! The monsters are also just plain more intelligent. Monsters heal injured ones, then run away when they are left alone.

Quite a few more side quests added, one new clan, and now with all of this it is 4 and a half hours map time, and around 12 hours game time. There is also more customization with the game. For those of you who were obsolved, you found that you could change your classes. Now there are books to change them.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Weel, you made some progress n_n. It looks even more facinating now. Great yob on the monster A.I. n_n
Chained by a broken hart, hoping for the key wich shatter my chains: Love

Untold Truth (RPG 2003) demo available!

Rep:
Level 90
Who says you need to have good graphics, good music, good characters and a good story for a game to be interesting :-) Not that my game doesn't have good characters and a good storyline, but I haven't posted anything about them.

*** MONSTER FIGHTS ***

Oh and the game gets even more interesting, because at the collisseum, you can bet on monster fights and watch them!!! Then you get paid out a ratio, like bet 100 on a monster that hads ods of 3. win 300 its that simple :-) But your monster needs to win of course :-)

I had made a monster vs monster fighting system with RPGXP and I didn't think it was possible for RPG2K3 to have it, I proved myself wrong :-)

I have furthered the storyline a bit more as well, I am getting everything set for the bulk of chapter 2... Immortality.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
When do you plan to release the next demo?
(And when you do, please exclude the rtp, as 9 MB is still a teensy eensy much for a unworthy dial-up user like me.)

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

Rep:
Level 90
Quote from: dragonmagna
When do you plan to release the next demo?
(And when you do, please exclude the rtp, as 9 MB is still a teensy eensy much for a unworthy dial-up user like me.)

Hmmm releasing the next version? I really don't know. I will say a minimum of one week.

I think I'm about halfway through the main storyline of the second chapter. I keep padding it, you know main quest has quests in between. The first chapter was probably halfway through when I released the first demo.

I really don't want to release a weekly demo, cause its rough on those that have dialup, which I have dial up too, and my server only uploads at 2 Kbps and if I don't cancel the upload when its done... the server deletes it, cause its weird.

Another catch is there are two towns, both are baron, no population other than those that need to be there for stores and quests. So I will populate them. I also would like to get to a point where the second major villain in the second chapter makes its appearance.

I am currently working on the dinner party. There is something that the main quest involves, that when I originally plotted the storyline, it kind of goes from point A to B to D to E.... in other words, I need something in there so it makes more sense. A-B-C-D-E. Part C is the dinner party.

Its long scripted, with returns of characters from the first chapter, involving a lot of character developement, and instead of making it huge amount of dialog, I am making it a little game / task / quest where you interact with various questions and get responses at the party.

*** USELESS FACTS ***

mmm... useless facts... there are now 202 maps in the game. Small rooms and dream worlds count for maps too.

Map time is now 5 hours... and that's me knowing where to go, and with the increased monster attacks in the second chapter, there is a heck of a lot more fighting. That probably means play time is now around 15 hours. For those that may complain about monster attacks, there is fairy water and repellant :-)

*** NEW STUFF ***

Fall tiles... remember in Dragon Warrior how if you walk on a fall tile, you would fall through to the exact position one floor below? I have that. You step on a fall tile, the screen goes dark, the character secretly moves to the correct position, and the lights come back on one floor under :-) Nifty.

Teleportation... Yes, other games have it, but mine doesn't, now it does. Scrolls, spells, items that will teleport you to past towns, villages and mansions.

More conditions / spells... I went digging and imagining when having to upgrade the AI of enemies. I've added some very good conditions and spells. Airhead, Ironize, Stopspell (different than silence), and more are added to the already great amount of spells and conditions.

Dozen new characters... Well these have been added since I've started the second chapter, I just have not made any reference to them. I should write out character bios like other people do when they pitch games :-) You know, name, age, background, prefered gear, story.[/img]

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
Jesus!You obviously work on this game quite a lot. You keep us updated about twice a week and every time you tell us something new, nit only did you program 200 more things for your game, you also added another hour of gameplay. 80% of the people who make games do not use all this programming. Most use tutorials written by other people.
I'm pretty good at rm2k/3 programming, but I don't give out tuts because most of the things I program are slightly iffy and main;y I just want people to say:
"Hey, I'll just figure it out myself in about 20 minutes and get it exactly as I want it."

Instead of:
"Hey, I want to have a cms in rm2k3, I'll go search for a tutorial on how to make one."

Yeah, you can use a tutorial as a template for programming something complex like a cms, but there are some things that almost anyone can do very easily, but they don't! They search for some simple things, like day & night systems. Of course, a day&night system with actual times and more than just screen tinting invloves going deeper into the situation.

Man, what was I blabbing about just now? Kinda went off-topic.  :oops:

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

Rep:
Level 90
Jesus!You obviously work on this game quite a lot. You keep us updated about twice a week and every time you tell us something new, nit only did you program 200 more things for your game, you also added another hour of gameplay. 80% of the people who make games do not use all this programming.

Eh, I get bored of writing dialog and doing maps. so I script, its what I do.
Most use tutorials written by other people.

I can barely read tutorials by other people. Its really not that hard. Its just the length of some things get to the point where people can't remember them.
I'm pretty good at rm2k/3 programming, but I don't give out tuts because most of the things I program are slightly iffy and main;y I just want people to say:
"Hey, I'll just figure it out myself in about 20 minutes and get it exactly as I want it."

Instead of:
"Hey, I want to have a cms in rm2k3, I'll go search for a tutorial on how to make one."

I would write tutorials, but eh I don't use them, so why write them.
Yeah, you can use a tutorial as a template for programming something complex like a cms, but there are some things that almost anyone can do very easily, but they don't! They search for some simple things, like day & night systems.."

I love my day and night system, morning, noon, evening, night, wee hours. My day / night system for RPGXP is far better it goes in 24 hour cycles, and it is constantly going, but RPG2K3 won't allow it.
Of course, a day&night system with actual times and more than just screen tinting invloves going deeper into the situation.

Man, what was I blabbing about just now? Kinda went off-topic.  :oops:

I don't know, but always thanks for posting. I have added a few more side quests, bringing the quest total to about 82 last I counted. There is a character in the game that keeps track of all of it.

I was just at GamingW.net, which has turned into a horribly outdated site. I submit some things there, as well as one of their featured games took someone 3 years to complete and its play time is 10-15 hours total. Ouch. I guess that's another reason I don't waste time with graphics :-)

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
82 quests is A LOT! When my game is done, it should be about 5-8 hours and there are 20 side quests and 12 main quests. Meaning you already have 50 more side quests than I will eventually have total quests. That is very good, since about a week or two ago, you said there were about 50 some. And adding 30 side quests in about a week is a very good thing.

Rep:
Level 90
82 quests is A LOT! When my game is done, it should be about 5-8 hours and there are 20 side quests and 12 main quests. Meaning you already have 50 more side quests than I will eventually have total quests. That is very good, since about a week or two ago, you said there were about 50 some. And adding 30 side quests in about a week is a very good thing.

I don't think it took me a week for those quests, maybe 2 or 3 weeks, maybe I just never posted the progress. I made and played two side quests today for the guild of mages...

The second one is probably the most interesting mages guild quest by far. You get to step into a boy's dreams to save him, and then a good twist once you're out of the dreams.

Oh and a major new mini game that I don't think anyone has done for any RPG Maker game. Pachisi. In other words a board game like Dragon Warrior III for Gameboy Color had.

It is really nice, I made a shrine for it on one of the northern island of the second continent.

Finally one more question to you Dragonmanga, because you want the next demo, does that mean you've completed the last one? Because you can't get to the second chapter / continent, until you're done with the first.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
PACHISI! DW3 is the greatest.
And when you ask If I have finished the last demo, do you mean that you only include the new features with each demo? (I haven't even started the last demo, cause I haven't even finished the first one).

Rep:
Level 90
Download demo #3 save it over demo #1, your saves should still work. The demos are all the same game, its just that I've added more to it. Demo #1 was halfway through the first chapter, Demo #2 was almost through the first chapter, Demo #3 is the full first chapter, Demo #4 whenever it comes out will probably be half or most of the second chapter and the first chapter.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
Okay, then I can just wait until you release the fourth demo and then I guess I'll continue from where I am.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Nice game,Maia.

Better than mine, which stunk. :wink:
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 90
I can't wait to play the Pachisi game in my game. I tested it to play it, then integrated it, and put 3 or so play tokens in the game to play the pachisi. In the mean time, you can always go to the collisseum to fight and put wagers down on monsters fighting.

The three tokens: one on the first continent, another on the second island, the third on the second continent...

oh and second continent (the places on the main land mass are marked):

Rep:
Level 90
Demo #4 is up now :-) Download it, enjoy it. Its up now, because I will not be able to update it for a while.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?

Rep:
Level 89
Cool Game!
RPG Heights : A brand new high... http://www.forumsvibe.com/monsterdoog/

Woah, cool game! How did you change the font? I get some really squahed together font.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
:roll:

You have to follow the instructions included in 2k3 if you have that to fix the font. If it's 2000, go to www.crankeye.com (omg) and download the font fix patch.
:tinysmile:

Thanks Halo  :D I didn't read the instructions. It still doesn't work. I changed to MS Mincho but nothing happened. And Maia, you're dream quest reminds me of The Adventures of Alundra for PS1. That was a cool game....

Rep:
Level 90
It has been 10 days since my last post :-) I have enjoyed the break. There has been a lot of constructive emails sent to me, I am very happy to recieve them.

As for the dream quest. Do you mean you played the dream quest or are you just judging from the screenshot?

Rep:
Level 90
I've continued making the game again, adding onto the dinner party, and the tower on the island north of the major land mass of the second continent. The tower is home of the second major villain.

I have fixed several bugs and problems preventing side quests from being completed.

How come My guy is always having dreams where he turns into an animal or a stone rock?