RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Maia 2K3 15 hours of gameplay [V4] *download it now*

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Last time i played it i liked it, now i like it even movre!
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 90
How about I make a Maia 2K7? With RPG XP technology? I have made little games with RPG XP, so I think that Maia 2K7 would look, feel and play differently.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
sure, make it...
if you want, i can help a little..
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I think you should at least finish this one first, it's deserving of it. And, if you'd like, I can do music for you.  :)
:tinysmile:

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
yeah me to, but im not as good as H.O.T.S
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Morrowind, you say? I haven't tried an RPG Maker demo in a while, but I'll try this one.

EdIt: I only played to the point where I was getting out of the governor's mansion, because the guards nearly killed everyone in my party and I didn't feel like getting a game over.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 05:00:23 PM by Zypher »

Rep:
Level 90
THE OLD:
I would finish the game, but the game is 15 hours so far and I don't think that anyone got 2 hours into it. It is disproportionately difficult at the start which is why I put the choice at the beginning as to play the game with handicaps or not. I did try to justify it as the game should get easier as time goes on. Being that you can do as you please with the game, it felt too free so that you did not have to advance the main quest. You had to advance the main quest to get off of the first continent, but no one bothered to :-) (at least I assume from the nothing I am told).

THE NEW:
I am 40 minutes into Maia 2K7. It follows the same storyline as before, only now the main quest is a lot more goal oriented. It is *much easier* and there is no confusion as to what to do. There are reminders of quests. Lets say you enter a cave to kill egg poachers. Each time you enter that cave you are reminded to do something about the egg poachers.

The original Maia floundered around, where you needed 3000 GP to remove the leg braces... so you could do anything you wanted to get the 3000 GP. Hence where the game lost focus. All while you had to find a way to get to Pringo Island (the first island).

In Maka here is how things were.
1. Escape the governor's mansion
2. Speak with Locksmith...
3. Realize the Locksmith's son is missing (its never stated you need to find the missing posters).
4. Find the Locksmith's son (this was vague too).
5. Get 3000 GP to have the key made.
6. Make the key.

In Maia 2K7 there is a clear cut series of steps to do.
1. Escape the governor's mansion (in a box)
2. Buy disguises (so towns people won't run and guards won't chase you)
3. Tailor will not talk to you cause you are criminals.
4. Save the Tailor's son from a well (this branches into what can be a series of side quests).
5. Tailor is happy, but the disguises have been taken by a crotchity old man.
6. Elusively steal the costumes at night avoiding to make any sound.
7. Put on the costumes / disguises (this is where you CUSTOMIZE YOUR CHARACTERS)
8. Set off to the Locksmith who will not just sell you the key.
9. Locksmith has you find who killed his wife (series of events that I will not spoil).
10. Locksmith sells you a key for 3000 GP (the price could change)

And with the need for 3000 GP, you can join guilds or go back to do side quests.

So far Maia 2K7 there are 7 quests, that take me 40 minutes. There are even puzzle rooms, where you do the puzzle for a treasure, but the puzzles completed also count up. 4 main quests, 3 side quests, 3 puzzle rooms, 1 village, 1 town, 1 mansion, 1 side area (pond), and 1 egg mine.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Egg mine? Like the one in Morrowind? I don't know if it's too good an idea to rip that directly from them.

Rep:
Level 90
Egg mine? Like the one in Morrowind? I don't know if it's too good an idea to rip that directly from them.

Technically all RPGs are rip offs of something. I am keeping the egg mine, because it serves a purpose. It had a tunnel that lead to Pringo Island before a cave in. Zelda's Moblins are really Goblins. Orcs, elves. Its all recycled anyway. Now if I actually rip off a pontoon city, you can shoot me.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I mean, does it have to be an EGG mine? Why can't they be mining something else?

Rep:
Level 90
For protien for another source of food other than fish and lizards. There are other mines, it is just that the first one is an egg mine. I also just made a DDR quest, it is quite fun, at least in my opinion.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Awesome. I love DDR.

Rep:
Level 90
I will have the Maia 2K7 up soon. I am now 80 minutes into the game. I have done 13 quests out of 15. It is fully playable and quite nice. Skills that let you manipulate the environment, weather, time, guilds, side quests, VERY NICE AREAS, cooking, fishing, puzzles and everything is better explained than the original Maia.

Oh yeah and there is a heck of a lot of dialog. In the original Maia, there were dialog heavy scenes for some things, but otherwise there was barely any dialog, because I personally do not like RPGs where you get bogged down in dialog instead of in game content.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 05:35:33 AM by maia »

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
There was tons of dialog in Morrowind, I just don't think anyone ever bothered to read it.

Rep:
Level 88
yeh most people i know skipped morrowinds dialouge.

this looks brillant but now i see your making a new one i'll wait for it. looking forward to it since the old one looks good :D

Rep:
Level 90
yeh most people i know skipped morrowinds dialouge.

this looks brillant but now i see your making a new one i'll wait for it. looking forward to it since the old one looks good :D

Morrowind had statements, not dialog mine has banter in between characters and the quest givers. Thus making character development :-) Actually I think I will post the alpha now in a different topic :-) See you all there!

Rep:
Level 88
oo cool
*checks!

edit -

in case u forgot to do it, it aint there :P
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 10:40:30 PM by mraellis »

Rep:
Level 90
I've updated the start of the topic to include a very long synapse. No one has ever confirmed to me that they've beaten chapter 1, so I decided to post info about the two other chapters.

Rep:
Level 86
woah gud game defo worth downloading

Rep:
Level 90
Wow old school!

So what did you think of it? Why is it a good game?

I should dust it off and see if I can beat it 2 or 3 years later after I made it :-)

Rep:
Level 86
yh it a gud game gud job  ;D