RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RPG Maker 2003 Language good for programming robots?

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Hello everyone. Haven't been to these forums in a while...

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the programming language for RPG Maker 2003 was. I'm very curious, because after working with RPG Maker so much and reading off the scripts in event editors and stuff, I've become very familiar with how it works.

Also, aside from being an RPG Maker user, I'm also a hobby robotist. Does anyone know if the RPG Maker 2003 event editor scripting langause can also be used for programming robots?

Thank you.
A wise Seagull once said, "Yes, Johnathon. It always works when you know what you're doing . . ."

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Well, allow me to answer both your questions.

1. RPG Maker uses the Delphi programming language.

2. You can program robots, but you have to find the BotProg plugin for it. I can't provide a link, but you should find it if you google hard enough.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
you can script in 2003?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
No. He means the language that was used to MAKE 2003.

And I suppose you could, it would just be a matter of converting the language to something your bot can understand.

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
It is definately feasible. You can do it...but...other languages tend to be easier for this kind of thing. Such as C++ etc....
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
If you want to program robots I would recommend a lower level language like C.
You have to do a lot of micro management, which means you can optimize your code better than with a higher level language.