RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help Please Npc!

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Hi i am working hard on my rpg but i am still new to it and i can not find how to make npcs in the help file so can someone tell me please?

oh yea i forgot im using rpg maker 2003

ok another question i am trying to get the npc to move but she stands there when i did a move event and how do i put faces on when people talk?
....one night i was laying in bed lookin at the stars then i wondereds where is my roof?

Why Doesnt Glue Stick To The Bottle?

Why Cant Pigs Fly?

Dont Under Estimate Shadow The Hedgehog Or He'll Rip That Machince Gun Off That Robots ARm And You Know Whats Next

you make them through events....you set the event sprite as whatever person you want, and through the events make it do what you want..

Thank you thanks alot
....one night i was laying in bed lookin at the stars then i wondereds where is my roof?

Why Doesnt Glue Stick To The Bottle?

Why Cant Pigs Fly?

Dont Under Estimate Shadow The Hedgehog Or He'll Rip That Machince Gun Off That Robots ARm And You Know Whats Next

go to the event editor and double click on a space. Now, in rm2k/2k3 there is a button that says SET near a little box. click on it and pick the sprite that you want the NPC to look like. in XP it is just an empty box. In the events you can make it move around or talk or whatever. for talking, on the left side under trigger condition select "action key". then on the right make a message event and have it say whatever you want.

Quote from: CLRocker1411
you make them through events....you set the event sprite as whatever person you want, and through the events make it do what you want..

mine was just a LITTLE bit more descriptive :D to descriptive? :lol:

Quote from: MOH123
Quote from: CLRocker1411

mine was just a LITTLE bit more descriptive :D to descriptive? :lol:

he only asked how to make an NPC not what to make it do now did he :wink: ?