RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Midi Composer?

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Is there any type of downloadable thing that let's you compose Midi's? I can't seem to find one and my friend wants one =\

Rep:
Level 88
I've heard of this MIDI Notate thing, good for downloading MIDI's ofvideo games and getting the sheet music, but I use FL Studo 5 XXL Edition - illegal copy, I feel kinda bad about it since I use it so much.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
For standard notation get Finale Notepad or Noteworthy Composer. For tabs get TabIt. Otherwise, see the "Composers: What do you use?" topic in Creativity Outlet.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 88
Your greatest flaw is that you have a soul.
Guitar Pro is the ultimate compositor. Includes entire world of midi + music knowledge

Fruity loops is very sweet to use for composing with midi. I use those two.

Rep:
Level 88
Considering you use FL I must ask. Is there anyway to preview?

Rep:
Level 88
To preview what?

Rep:
Level 88
MIDI's - you can't hear them whilst you make them, you must export and assign the MIDI instrument after testing the melody with a non-MIDI. Mustn't you?

Rep:
Level 88
No. You open the MIDI setting ( Options -> MIDI Setting) and select Omni preview midi channel to 1, and Port to 1 (for example, can be any number). Then you load the MIDI Out plug in and select the specified port in "Port" (Right side, you can't miss it). Also, go to Options -> and select "Enable MIDI Remote Control" and "Enable MIDI Output" just for any case. Hope that helped.

Rep:
Level 88
I'll test in a moment, if it works it'll make it a lot easier. Is this one of those things that I have to rearrange to start making mp3's again?

Rep:
Level 88
You don't. MIDI and Realsound can be played even simultaneously - although I do not advise it as the MIDI(or Realsound) clips when played both at the same time. If you want to share your midi track but don't feel like giving away entire composition, you can insert Fruity LSD into Master Mixer Track and rearange the intruments to fit the channels. With this activated, you can export your midi as mp3 or wav.

Rep:
Level 88
I'm rendering at the moment... I'll see how everything goes in a moment...

Rep:
Level 88
Where's Fruity LSD?

Rep:
Level 88
Don't double-post.  ;)

Fruity LSD functions as an Effect Plugin. Therefore, open Mixer Track, select Master, select first line where you insert an effect and choose a plugin called Fruity LSD. If it isn't there, you need to select "More..." on the same list (top) and find it there, select it so that it displays in selection, and then you can load it in the mixer track. If it isn't there, it means you probably have a version that doesn't have it (I'm guessing some d-class ilegal copy).

Rep:
Level 88
Right... I got it to work, thanks.

Oh and don't worry, my copy is illegal...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 03:12:23 PM by ataraxy2 »

Rep:
Level 88
Just for the refference, not all the names of the instruments in F LSD match the names in Fruity MIDI Out plug in, so when inserting sounds in LSD, reffer to the Patch number -> They match.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Just for the record, TabIt > GuitarPro.

:)

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Guitar Pro is the ultimate compositor. Includes entire world of midi + music knowledge

Guitar Pro is HORRIBLE. Are you crazy?? I've heard so many complaints about it. Besides, if you're going to go standard notation, you should go Finale. Or if you're a tabs guy, go TabIt.

And don't even get me started on how much I hate Fruity Loops.

Rep:
Level 88

Guitar Pro is HORRIBLE. Are you crazy?? I've heard so many complaints about it. Besides, if you're going to go standard notation, you should go Finale. Or if you're a tabs guy, go TabIt.

And don't even get me started on how much I hate Fruity Loops.

Actually, I want you to start. Fruity Loops is, more or less, flawless. I never, not once, had the need to change it. Guitar Pro really isn't that horrible...I don't find any complaints regarding it, really...TabIt is also great, aye, I just prefer Guitar Pro over.

Rep:
Level 88
I wouldn't say FL is flawless. It is made for beginners and as a horrid side effect lacks really great tools to work with. ACID is better in sound quality. Reason is harder to use, similar layout and also more professional.

That isn't my opinion, it's a friend who has used ACID, FL, Reason / he's good, he's into IDM, Ambient, Trance - I'm just presuming what he'd say, considering he has urged me to go to Reason.

Rep:
Level 97
Fruity Loops is far from flawless. It lacks the need of creativity, as anyone can just go in and put together a "song" in about 10 minutes. Generally the use of Fruity Loops is frowned upon in the music writing world.

Rep:
Level 88
Generally the use of Fruity Loops is frowned upon in the music writing world.

Screw the music making world, it's not like I make music for money. I make it for fun. And you write the music on a piano roll, which imitates a piano - piano's have a simple layout and added to the classical stave feeling I don't see how writing music in FL is a flaw.

It lacks the need of creativity, as anyone can just go in and put together a "song" in about 10 minutes.

How long have you had it for? Considering youll be surprise to find many "hidden" things in FL simply through trial an error. Have you ever wandered out of the Packs section? Maybe looked at the mixer? I'll admit it's easy to make a typical club/dance song, have you ever challenged yourself with something else though?

I've been using FL for a year and I'm surprised at how good it is, at first I hated it as I didn't understand it. Didn't take long for me to pick it up though, open the mixer, explore songs made by other people on FL - walla! Simple interface.

I wouldn't say FL is flawless, but to say it is far from flawless... I dunno...

Rep:
Level 97
A piano roll? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Needless to say, anyone not writing dance/club/techno/whatever else music won't find Fruity Loops very attractive. Well, I shouldn't say anyone, but rather anyone who knows what they're doing.

People who use programs such as TabIt or Noteworthy Composer do so because of how simple it is. You just write, and it isn't based on tying together a bunch of silly samples.

People who use programs such as Sibelius and Finale do so because it gives them more freedom, and the ability to make use of certain techniques that you just can't do in other programs, as well as it looks more professional, for those who write for performance.

And whether you make music for fun, or for money, that has no effect on what other composers who write for fun will automatically assume of you. As for examples of that here at RMRK even I direct you to this posts, as well as the ones following it.

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,6635.msg117091.html#msg117091

Then again, understand I'm not condemning you for using it. I HAVE heard some decent stuff from FL that wasn't techno or rap or dance etc.

But... this is getting silly. I'm not really sure why I posted again, actually. None of this is going to make a difference; we're all going to continue doing things how we normally do them. I've been debating too much lately in the topic of music in general. (Not here at the forums, though, but elsewhere). Not that this was really much of a debate, either... 7 am... I'm starting to ramble and not make a lot of sense... time for bed.  :o

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
It lacks the need of creativity, as anyone can just go in and put together a "song" in about 10 minutes.

Any song that take less than 3 hours usually is crap. Don't get me started on that.
I know, you don't like it, but FL isn't as bad as you may think. It's actually quite hard to start with it. If you are more familiar with it you can create better stuff as FL doesn't have creativity limitations like you think. It wasn't awared with these awards just for fun:

http://www.flstudio.com/English/frames.html

Seriously, if you would download the a few of the newer versions and listen to the project called "Newstuff" that is loaded as soon as you start it the first time, you would be surprised what people can do in FL.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 05:03:45 PM by Blizzard »
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks Blizz I was about to mention that it's only creative as the user is. And what version do you have?  :o

Rep:
Level 88
Fruity Loops is far from flawless. It lacks the need of creativity, as anyone can just go in and put together a "song" in about 10 minutes. Generally the use of Fruity Loops is frowned upon in the music writing world.

Needless to say, anyone not writing dance/club/techno/whatever else music won't find Fruity Loops very attractive. Well, I shouldn't say anyone, but rather anyone who knows what they're doing.

People who use programs such as TabIt or Noteworthy Composer do so because of how simple it is. You just write, and it isn't based on tying together a bunch of silly samples.

People who use programs such as Sibelius and Finale do so because it gives them more freedom, and the ability to make use of certain techniques that you just can't do in other programs, as well as it looks more professional, for those who write for performance.

And whether you make music for fun, or for money, that has no effect on what other composers who write for fun will automatically assume of you. As for examples of that here at RMRK even I direct you to this posts, as well as the ones following it.

Screw the music making world, it's not like I make music for money. I make it for fun. And you write the music on a piano roll, which imitates a piano - piano's have a simple layout and added to the classical stave feeling I don't see how writing music in FL is a flaw.

I wouldn't say FL is flawless. It is made for beginners and as a horrid side effect lacks really great tools to work with. ACID is better in sound quality. Reason is harder to use, similar layout and also more professional.

That isn't my opinion, it's a friend who has used ACID, FL, Reason / he's good, he's into IDM, Ambient, Trance - I'm just presuming what he'd say, considering he has urged me to go to Reason.

Both of you are talking bullshit. I write electronica, metal and neo-classica all in Fruity Loops, 7th year going. The fact you can make something in 10 minutes does not mean it qualifies as good and the fact you can make something in 10 minutes doesn't mean it's made for beginers, it means it has the most user-frendly interface. The artists mainly differ in liking or disliking something but I've never heard a song made by any other program that sounded better than a song of same quality made in fruity. I do my songs for months - now - do you consider me stupid by any chance? Or it's about the fact it takes skills. Doing something in 10 minutes will not get you anywhere - also - the purpose of Fruity Loops is to use it as a sequencer and manager, not a sound production tool as complete - what you get with Fruity Loops (in view of plugins) is what helps you start. What you need, however, is to spend additional 500$ - 1000$ + to use more advanced plugins and sounds with which you can then level up. The question of creativity is plain stupid, without talent, knowledge and experience you won't do anything regardless of what you use to make music. Onforth, Fruity Loops is an open VST maximum compatibility program what means it's specially designed to use the vst creations, synths, soundfonts, orchestral emulators and programs, MIDI, and effect generator, going from free to 1000$ epensive, and it includes thirty native plugins, the easiest and most advanced piano roll (and that's where you compose) which is everything you really need to compose, and on top suports the samples. You can use them, you don't have to, you may, you need not to. It is 100% NOT sample-based program, if you understand the terms of samples, anyway. Fruity Loops is the maximal freedom you could possibly get, apart from the fact you can make a particular effect in 10 different ways, you can also adjust the piano roll to your needs, manipulate with anything you create in numerous diffferent ways and use whatever has ever been made as hardware or software, including real keyboards, recording, live record, wave editor, mixing, mastering, VST, live play, MIDI, et cetera, shorty said, everything you need to posses can be performed through Fruity Loops, finally, creating absolutely anykind of personal sound you want. So please stop.

And if you really need proof -> THIS was made in FRUITY LOOPS: Download 3,92 MB song

Now if that's what you can do within 10 minutes, I bow to you, you were 100% right and I'll never ever talk about this again. In fact, I'll withdraw from music production.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 01:12:49 PM by Decadent Sympozium »

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Of course nobody can make anything really good in 10 minutes, don't be ridiculious.
True, FL is a good program, but that doesn't mean there are better ones. I haven't tried too many, so I can't tell. If you REALLY want a sample-based program, try any e-Jay. That's what I started with, but I pushed it over the limits and needed something more advanced where I can actually create samples. That's how I got to FruityLoops.

EDIT:

Linky

Created out of nothing. No pre-made samples.

EDIT:

@Decadent: Sounds cool. Good work. And you made that in FL? Amazing. Although FL may not be the best program for such music pieces, I think it still can be used for that. I wonder if somebody could make a dancy-trancy song in Finale. O_o

@ataraxy2: 6 XXL.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 01:26:40 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
FL demo lacs save thats why i dont use it..

Arlen is hot.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Buy or hax.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
There, now you have two things from Fruity Loops. A neo-classica and Blizzard's Melodic Trance (Which is great, your mix/master is a bit screwed up but it's a very sweet composition). Now you can also listen to this, what is also made in Fruity Loops (MIDI): Metal

All three are FLS. You think you can't do something with Fruity Loops? It's not that you can't, it's that you don't know how.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 01:40:56 PM by Decadent Sympozium »

Rep:
Level 88
6 XXL is a pain to pirate... I'm still stuck with 5 XXL.

I recently found out someone who made a cool remix used FL. They told me that the only way that FL was good for him was to boycott Packs "as all the samples there suck" and download VSTs. I wouldn't say that they suck... Clap 2 is my favourite Hat.

Downloading that song now... so Decadent Sympozium - by any chance would you agree with him?

Both of you are talking bullshit.

That isn't my opinion, it's a friend who has used ACID, FL, Reason

Rep:
Level 97
Since when does "anyone" mean "everyone"? I never said everyone who uses Fruity Loops spends ten minutes on whatever and then says "Hey, I made some music!".

Secondly, the vast majority of users of Fruity Loops produce nothing more than crap, and they would hardly be considered composers.

And in that bulk of a paragraph (seriously, separating into more paragraphs would have been easier to read), the list of features is not really impressive. Several other similar to Finale now include many of those features as well.

I never said anyone who uses FL can't make anything good. In fact, I recall saying I had heard a few good things. But it encourages users to write (and I use that word incredibly loosely) songs (again, loosely) that are so repetitive, your head wants to explode, which is a major reason it isn't respected.

As you said, it's a sequencer. Some of us actually like to compose. I need to be able to write out my music, and I need also to do several things you just can't do with FL, which is also another downfall, as it lacks more of the technical aspects of playing an instrument. (Although, one could argue that a good sound library would solve this problem.)

The question of creativity is plain stupid, without talent, knowledge and experience you won't do anything regardless of what you use to make music.

Don't be ridiculous. FL encourages the lack of musical knowledge, as again anyone can slap anything together. BUT I also doubt very many of the more skilled FL users have that knowledge either. And talent applies the same as well. You don't need talent to make a good song in FL. You just need to be good with the program.

As for your song, it's decent. I'm sure you could've done it in Finale in less time and ended up with the same result for that type of song.

I wonder if somebody could make a dancy-trancy song in Finale. O_o

It wouldn't be that difficult, you'd just need a proper soundfont and you're set.

BTW, you're all taking my 10 minutes remark too seriously. I'm sure those kinds of people spend more like... 20 minutes on a song.

In addition, it wouldn't be too far-fetched to say Fruity Loops is comparable to RPG Maker XP. You have the freedom to do nearly anything with scripts, and it's possible you could make a great game, but how many people make truly great games with RPG Maker XP? I've yet to see one. I've seen plenty of decent/good ones, but not great. The same goes with Fruity Loops. You may have the possibility to do whatever with it, but how many people make great songs with it? I have yet to hear one. I've heard plenty of decent/good ones, but not great.

Rep:
Level 88

Took me 10 seconds to crack.

I recently found out someone who made a cool remix used FL. They told me that the only way that FL was good for him was to boycott Packs "as all the samples there suck" and download VSTs. I wouldn't say that they suck... Clap 2 is my favourite Hat.

I didn't quite understand what you wrote but I can say that FL samples are worst piece of shit, except for those few efx-es, a single clap that sounds good when overdriven or reversed, and some loops that have good fragments for backrythm but it has good filters, very good mastering tools and some very good synths.

Both of you are talking bullshit.

That isn't my opinion, it's a friend who has used ACID, FL, Reason

Yes, so? I have Cubase all versions, Reason all versions, E-Jay all versions, Acid all versions, Tabit, Guitar Pro, Cakewalk, Logic and all versions of Fruity Loops. I claim Fruity Loops is the best.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I'm sure those kinds of people spend more like... 20 minutes on a song.

Lol, <3

Yeah, it's true that too many people who have no idea of music use FL, because it seems simple to start with. I don't deny that there is a lot of crap made in FL. I think this goes ver analogue with RMXP. It's way easier to use than older RM version (really?) and you can just add anybody's script and make your game a little bit better. If people get something which makes it easy to make stuff, they tend to be lazy and nothing great can come out of this it you're lazy. =/
So that's the same reason why many RMXP games suck so much.

Heh, copy-past on my PC doesn't take 10 seconds. ;D

e-Jay is good to start with maybe, but it actually sucks pretty hard.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 01:53:57 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
Since when does "anyone" mean "everyone"? I never said everyone who uses Fruity Loops spends ten minutes on whatever and then says "Hey, I made some music!".

Secondly, the vast majority of users of Fruity Loops produce nothing more than crap, and they would hardly be considered composers.

And in that bulk of a paragraph (seriously, separating into more paragraphs would have been easier to read), the list of features is not really impressive. Several other similar to Finale now include many of those features as well.

I never said anyone who uses FL can't make anything good. In fact, I recall saying I had heard a few good things. But it encourages users to write (and I use that word incredibly loosely) songs (again, loosely) that are so repetitive, your head wants to explode, which is a major reason it isn't respected.

As you said, it's a sequencer. Some of us actually like to compose. I need to be able to write out my music, and I need also to do several things you just can't do with FL, which is also another downfall, as it lacks more of the technical aspects of playing an instrument. (Although, one could argue that a good sound library would solve this problem.)

The question of creativity is plain stupid, without talent, knowledge and experience you won't do anything regardless of what you use to make music.

Don't be ridiculous. FL encourages the lack of musical knowledge, as again anyone can slap anything together. BUT I also doubt very many of the more skilled FL users have that knowledge either. And talent applies the same as well. You don't need talent to make a good song in FL. You just need to be good with the program.

As for your song, it's decent. I'm sure you could've done it in Finale in less time and ended up with the same result for that type of song.

I wonder if somebody could make a dancy-trancy song in Finale. O_o

It wouldn't be that difficult, you'd just need a proper soundfont and you're set.

BTW, you're all taking my 10 minutes remark too seriously. I'm sure those kinds of people spend more like... 20 minutes on a song.

In addition, it wouldn't be too far-fetched to say Fruity Loops is comparable to RPG Maker XP. You have the freedom to do nearly anything with scripts, and it's possible you could make a great game, but how many people make truly great games with RPG Maker XP? I've yet to see one. I've seen plenty of decent/good ones, but not great. The same goes with Fruity Loops. You may have the possibility to do whatever with it, but how many people make great songs with it? I have yet to hear one. I've heard plenty of decent/good ones, but not great.

What you're missing here, again, is the fact that a bad song is a bad song, a good song is a good song, and an amazing song is an amazing song. The majority of FL users suck. So do Cubase and Reason, and most of them sleep in E-Jay and Acid. The explanation to question why more FL lies in fact FL is simply more user frendly. It's interface and presentation of music to you is encouraging. THAT IS A MAJOR and common reason. Though I always listen to whines "Gee I wish I can do music like you". Oh really? Start learning and studying. I know thousands of artists. I know very few who at the same time do excellent music and have very little knowledge of theory. And even still, they know the theory of sound and creation perfectly, have absolute hear and can transcript any melody. It really doesn't matter how easy can you make something, with a 10 minute song you really will not get anywhere. No one respects a generic track. No one respects lack of mixing and mastering quality. No one will clap or pay for something that doesn't sound good. Simple as that.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
True, FL is very user friendly. I would have never REALLY gotten into music that much if I didn't have FL. I would have stopped with e-Jay and that would have been it.
But look now at me, my songs already are "decent". :)
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88

That's odd... the majority of the stuff I've heard from FL makes me so bloody jealous that I can't do it.

http://www.dmashura.com/
http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=893879&T=412574
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/view.php?id=1084370&sub=26209

It's as if I'm just missing something.

Quote from: ataraxy2 on Today at 12:39:12 AM

Oh. Now that's funny. (I meant I can't find it.)

Rep:
Level 88

That's the matter of your perspective and how well you exactly understand a genre. In my opinion, what I provided here, that neo-c track, it's good. I'm happy with it. I don't think it's amazing. I think it's alright. It's hard to make an amazing track. But I do know that some of my tracks were entittled "Fantastic", "Awe-inspiring", "Brutal in it's creative quality" while some of them, not all, were "Very good", "Good", "Alright", "Not bad" by some listeners. It differs. I haven't heard a single track from any software other than FL that impressed me. I heard good, neither impressed me. On the difference, I heard many tracks from FL that impressed me.  That can be a coincedance. Or not. I usually don't have hard time realizing who was using loops in his track, who did it with Fruity, who did it with cubase and reason. But whenever I hear a proffesional track, the one in which you CANNOT realize what sequencer was used, I always conclude its Fruity Loops. And it always is (When talking about electronica, soundscaping and neo-classic). This is where personal opinions come into question and as we know, this kind of discussion never ends.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 02:51:50 PM by Decadent Sympozium »

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Oh, you should listen to some of Halo's stuff. It's really good IMO. ;8
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
I'd like to hear his work.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Browse the forums or just google for his stuff.
Visit our website.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
bringing sexy back

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Lol, I usually find that link on google, too! xD
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
Quote from: Decadent Sympozium on Yesterday at 12:48:38 AM
Quote from: ataraxy2 on Yesterday at 12:39:12 AM

Heh, copy-past on my PC doesn't take 10 seconds.

:|

EDIT:

Finally... after one year I've managed to get the FLReg and FLEngine.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 02:55:46 PM by ataraxy2 »

Rep:
Level 88
Quote from: Decadent Sympozium on Yesterday at 12:48:38 AM
Quote from: ataraxy2 on Yesterday at 12:39:12 AM

Heh, copy-past on my PC doesn't take 10 seconds.

:|

EDIT:

Finally... after one year I've managed to get the FLReg and FLEngine.

Umm..congrats.  :lol:

Rep:
Level 88
It's alot better.  :) I feel they've made it easier to use, especially the mixer. It's more flexible. This should be fun...

And your song is very good, I like music like that. I'm confused why you choose FL though, surely something else would've worked better. Anyway it's a great result.  ;)

Just wondering... but I think we've gone off topic a bit...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 07:47:31 AM by ataraxy2 »

Rep:
Level 88
It's alot better.  :) I feel they've made it easier to use, especially the mixer. It's more flexible. This should be fun...

And your song is very good, I like music like that. I'm confused why you choose FL though, surely something else would've worked better. Anyway it's a great result.  ;)

Just wondering... but I think we've gone off topic a bit...

It's a lot better but it has some issues with the ASIO cards. It doesn't sound as good as it sounds on 5 and below but the difference is very...hmm...not too imporant for the majority, I guess. XD

Rep:
Level 88
It's a lot better but it has some issues with the ASIO cards. It doesn't sound as good as it sounds on 5 and below but the difference is very...hmm...not too imporant for the majority, I guess. XD

I've just been on it all day, managed to make something I'm proud of (my head hurts from concentration now), but it's probably not complete. I think it sounds better (probably just me learning how to master better). I'll attach my newest song on my artist page in a moment on a new post!  :D

I also read the Bible, didn't teach me too much as I grew impatient with descriptions of knobs - I'll find out from trial and error thanks - but the guys at Image-Line sure have a sense of humour. :P