RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Looking for a talented animator..

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I'm looking for a talented animator with their own style to make a game with me in RM2000.  I use 1.07b.  The game is tentatively being called "Two" and will be as feature-rich as possible.  Just some include:

* A complete GUI overhaul.  Yeah, even custom stacking item menus, a custom equipment screen, etc.

* Cooperation between characters required to work together as much as possible to get through the game.

* A very, very, very custom turn-based battle system involving excessive strategy (i.e. manipulation of position and battlefield, monster, and character conditions),  situational player input (i.e. press Enter during enemy attack to make one character guard another, press Shift at any time to get an EX turn if you have the CT for it, also damaging special multi-hit attacks may require input), and cooperation between your characters.  (characters can guard eachother and take half-damage, distract enemies, attack in unison to utilize an advantageous position, etc.)

* Custom leveling system to 99.  1000 exp to level with diminishing returns.  *Considering a Break HP Limit option to bring max hp to 999,999.

* Reward/battle spoils system involving the gauge of cooperation between your two characters.  More cooperation = more experience, better items, more $.

* An item improvement system.  Items can be improved in two ways.  The first is simpler, a blacksmith may refine your armor.  The improvement is relative to the cost.  You may choose what he improves, though each item has its own threshold for improvement.  Possible improvements include Attack, Defense, Speed and Slots.  The second is more complicated:  you must capture your enemy's soul and store it in your Soul Bag.  Bring the soul to a Soulforger and he'll turn the soul into a soul shard, which you may insert into the slots on your armor.   They'll be giving statistical bonuses, though I have not decided through which means.  Possible options include asking the Soulforger to twist the soul in a certain way, have the soul's element factor into its bonus, etc.  One thing remains certain however:  forging souls is extremely taboo and considered a crime against nature.

* A badass plot involving the story of the unwitting reincarnation of a God, how he fell in love with a mortal, and how he came to meet his (second) demise.

* More!

I'd just like to say I'm also extremely open to new ideas and pretty much know my way around every nook and cranny of RM2k 1.07b, so I can code pretty much anything fathomable and can make your dreams come true.. with style!

Anyway, as an animator, I just need you to make the art.  You don't even have to open the program, though it will help if you know the limitations on the charset sizes/battle anim sizes/chipset restrictions/etc.

AIM me at ravejutsu or reply in the topic if you're interested in animating it for me or just want to know more about the project.

Also, other forums where I can post this kind of request would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading and I apologize for being so ambitious. :]

Just a quick side note.  This game WILL have a sequal.  (actually this one is more just a prequal, less ambitious than the original one I had planned.  I've been looking for an animator for that long...)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 09:04:46 PM by ravejutsu »

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
No replies?  Oh well.  Is it because of 2k?

Rep:
Level 90
Say it with me, 16 year old alcoholic.
yeah probably and u only have 2 posts

Owner of ChaosDreamz© Productions.
Progress of:
Silent Dynasty©-Death Nightmare       
Storyline:  |||||||||| [62%]
Mapping:    |||||||||| [3%]
Scripting:  |||||||||| [1%]
Database:   |||||||||| [1%]
Audio:      |||||||||| [1%]