RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Holk's Movie Reviews I

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Ok, I've been watching a lot of movies lately, so I'm going to start doing this. The system is out of five stars.

The Good Shepherd- *****
This is the story of the founding of the CIA through the story of one man. Matt Damon is one of my favorite actors these days, and given his amazing performance in The Departed, I had good feelings going into this one. I was definately not let down, though it wasn't as fast or as action-filled as The Departed. I'm not complaining one bit though, because the entire 3 hours of this movie were interesting. Through a series of flashbacks, this movie tells of the CIA's past and shows insights into things you've heard about. I don't want to give away much of the plot, because in a story-driven film such as this, it is very important to not have many details before you see it. Everything about this movie was excellent from the cast to the cinematography. Just when you think you know what is going to happen, the floor is pulled out from under you. If you're looking for mass gunplay and chase scenes, you'll not find them here, but if it is a compelling story you need, look no farther.

Children of Men- ***
I thought this movie looked interesting mainly for one reason. The reason is that the previews tell nothing of the plot. I was intrigued a little too much, and got myself slightly let down. I'm not saying that the movie was bad, but it was standard fare for near-futuristic, dystopian movies of this kind. I almost gave it 2 stars, but one scene made me give it the extra kick. There is a 10 minute, single camera shot that must have been one of the most tedious things to get right. The payoff was big, however, and if you are into cinematics and camera techiques as I am, you'll want to see this just for that part alone. Not bad, but could've been better.

Borat- ****
I have been a long-time fan of Sacha Baron Cohen's, from watching Ali G back in the day. I have to say that the Borat parts of the show were always my favorite. This movie was hilarious. Some of the jokes have been repeated for the film from the show, but I found myself laughing at them all over again. Be warned: if the thought of seeing a naked three foot tall obese man wrestling with a naked Borat makes you uncomfortable, don't see this. Personally, seeing that spectacle was rewarded with the mass amounts of laughter that ensued. For all you kids at home, I don't recommend you watch it with your parents...

~H
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 09:57:14 PM by Holkeye »

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
This was cool.
So is 5 starts you're max rating, or is there more to it...Like 6

which also reminds me MMMAATTT DAMOONN!
Arlen is hot.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I demand you review blare witch project. LOLs shall ensue.